The NFL and Canadians

I am American and I moved to Toronto about 6 years ago, from Florida.

I have found a real love for the CFL and for the Argos.

Personally I think that NFL is way overhyped and when you watch it you think to yourself “That’s IT???”. Always expecting more and waiting for something spectacular, which never actually happens.

THe CFL is exciting football with exciting players.

In Toronto, there seems to be a lot of NFL fans. There rationale is “Toronto is a world-class city, we deserve a world-class league.”

The fact is that the American media has over-hyped the NFL so much that even now Canadians think its a world-class league. They’re just wannabees who want to have something in common with Americans. Its ‘cool’ in Toronto to talk about the NFL, because there are no domestic teams and it shows that you’re “in” if you are knowledgable about the NFL. They wear NFL jerseys over CFL jerseys to show off.

I say F U to those people, the CFL is a better league, with different, more exciting kinds of players. Too bad some Canadians are too stuck up to realize it.

Hello there.

Since you enjoy the CFL you should think about moving to Canada. After all, Canada has 7 teams while Toronto only has 1.

LOL.

Funny guy.

Can't do that, cause then my CFL.ca username would no longer be valid.

well if you consider jason maas, kevin glenn, anthony cavillo, dave dickenson, henry burris more talented than peyton manning, daunte culpepper, mike vick, donovan mcnabb, tom brady, and jake delhomme, then you must be crazy, stoned, and drunk.

well if you consider jason maas, kevin glenn, anthony cavillo, dave dickenson, henry burris more talented than peyton manning, daunte culpepper, mike vick, donovan mcnabb, tom brady, and jake delhomme, then you must be crazy, stoned, and drunk.
Consider that in the NFL, in order to be successful, a quarterback should be at least 6'4"(Michael Vick is an exception).

In the CFL, height is an asset, not a requirement. The CFL quarterbacks have arms that are just as good as the NFL's. They are also quicker. They are just not as tall.

Some NFL games can be painful to watch. "2 yards on the carry, 1 yard loss, 6 yards through the middle". See, with the NFL they have 4 chances with a real narrow field which would naturally make coordinators just make the RB carry 3 times. The CFL gives you 3 chances with nothing but wide-open room. That'll even out the passing/running game alot more (actually makes for more of a passing game) and which makes for some bigger plays.

No quarterback in the CFL is as fast as Michael Vick. :lol:

the redskins won superbowls without 6'4'' QBs, johnny unitas never had a big arm, neither did fran tarkenton who was a scrambler, steven young was a scrambler and a hall of famer, and he was only 6 foot, joe montana won big games and had a an average arm and wasnt that big either.

if you wanna watch a painful game in the cfl, just go to hamilton, and the bombers are boring team to watch, there is nothing exciting about mike quinn, as i recall ricky ray isnt exciting to watch either.

So then why do you watch and join the forum? Twice!

cuz i feel like it, and cut that annoying picture outta your signature, it takes too long to load, and its too big and ugly. it reminds me of star jones.

So dont wait for it to load!

And what does Star Jones have to do with anything?

Playmaker88 justs like to show off his indepth, almost savant-like knowledge of American football. Thing is this is a CFL site. So why is he here? You'd figure he could find another site to talk American football. LIke what about the millions of people in AFrica who he says follows the NFL? Give em a call.

Why is that? How do you that would not be true. Those NFL QB's just might not be so great up here! You can not sit there and say that they are no can you. I mean we have had a few NFL players come up here (weedy) and look like a Hoover Vacum! Now how do you not know Manning would not make the all Hoover Team!

maybe mike quinn could be a star in the NFL :?

You know he probably could throw across that postage stamp field!

Wait a minute, Toronto considers themselves part of Canada. HAHA, I don't. Last time I talk to anyone in the real Canada, they consider Toronto people more American than people from New York.