The Next Big Thing in the CFL is...

I say the new stadium in Hamilton but other thoughts?

ya they're getting a new stadium now that they have the Pan-Am games.

just have to wait 4 seasons.

Not really sure otherwise..

the Riders announcing a new stadium??

Riders and Peg with new stadiums will not happen in the next 10 years IMHO.

My bet is how we may see a new stadium in Regina before anywhere else.
The fine people of Regina/Saskatchewan are progressive in nature and there is the political will.
Then followed by Hamilton and Winnipeg.
But wait, the temporary stadium in Vancouver is the one to watch this year and could be a model for future possibilites.

the next big thing will be the return of the lions to the hopefully improved BC place and specifically, the first time the open the roof for a game.

Thought this was going to be about the signing of some Offensive Lineman from the States. :slight_smile:

I'm waiting for the first time it rains with the roof open :stuck_out_tongue:

My bad, Barker as head coach of the Boatmen. :wink:

It's a retractable roof that will open or close within 20 minutes. This town is not prone to sudden downpours like London or Miami either. Generally, what you see when you look out your window in the morning is what you get for the rest of the day.

The return of the Ottawa Rough Riders. That’s all I want right now.

next big thing... what about tryimg american expansion? i hear they like football down there as well. what could possibly go wrong?

I don't know about you guys, but I miss the Posse.

A.C. go this start there did he not?

I can't remember right now... I just like getting together a posse.

maybe i could find some goldminors...

Let's do it, man! I haven't been a part of a good ole fashioned posse in many a year.

nowadays, more often than not, the posse is the bad guys.

That's only cause Hollywood insists on corrupting everything.

South of the border nowadays a posse is almost always a good thing
I would love to see the CFL with TEN teams including the planned new team in Ottawa for 2012 last I heard and another team perhaps in Atlantic Canada. :thup:

I wonder what other Canadian markets could support a pro team, and let's assume that Toronto and Hamilton will manage to be able to fund their teams to health again all the same?

I don't see any chance for CFL expansion into the US any time soon though, but if the NFL stalls despite their interest I tell you that LA is ripe for the picking, as are otherwise
Central Florida in football-frenzied highly-populated Florida, and
San Antonio for another run with a fine facility in the Alamodome that is the only major stadium in the US that can accomodate a CFL field.

Well, if the Moncton experiment goes well, put a team there.