The new CH and Ticat coverage

There was an announcement that I only sort of caught on the week-end about CH becoming a 24 hour celeb gossip network.

Where does that leave the Ticats? As much as some people have a problem CH, and with specific aspects of their Ticat coverage, CH is the only TV station that offers ANY Ticat or local sports coverage.

Can't resist slipping a "how could you justify covering recent Ticat teams on a network dedicated to entertainment" joke in but then it occurred to me that Paris and Britney are also train wrecks and they'll get plenty o' CH airtime, I'm sure.

Does anyone know anything about the change and whether there is any commitment by CH moving forward to any Hamilton/Ticat coverage?

The once mighty CHCH is changing yet again. Pleas from the likes of Jack McDonald and Matt Hayes to the CRTC only delayed the inevitable.

CHCH was once a bastion for University Sport and a great weekly Cats show. Now it will become an entertainment outlet for CanWest in Southern Ontario.

Word on the street is that the local news coverage will continue. So that means the Cats coverage will still resemble that of a 1 newspaper town. And the newspaper is owned by TorStar.

Hard to win at anything in the Hammer.

Hey... I just checked out the schedule of shows. It's nice to know that there's a station out there that I don't EVER have to watch.

CanWest has Killed our Station.
This new Garbage will only make it worse.
I think it is time for another Hamilton TV Station.
CHCH is dieing a Slow Death

Another Hamilton TV station? forget it that will never happen.
In the future you will have to rely on Ticat coverage on the community Cable channels and the internet.
The Toronto stations will of course be primarily focused on the Argos, but they do have the odd feature on the Ticats.

The Toronto stations will of course be primarily focused on the Argos, but they do have the odd feature on the Ticats.

And also on as much American programming as possible notwithstanding CanCon of course.

Okay, how many of you actually want Tiny Talent Time back on the airwaves?

[url=http://www.ticats.ca]www.ticats.ca[/url] is the best place to get quality information about the best CFL team. Anywhere else is a trainwreck.

Mary Hart is off the air???

ROTFLMAO :wink:

I would want Rocketship 7 back, but I digress. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oski Wee Wee,

There was a time when Billy Van could have been the mayor of Hamilton....he's gone. And I heard Uncle Bobby kicked it a few weeks back. How about no bull from Tom Cherrington and the Oceans 11 ? And Dick Beddoes. All gone.

Irv Weinstein's retired, is commander Tom still around? Rocketship 7, my mornings included that with the 12 channel universe.

The times are changing, and Bob's future business partner David Asper has inherited CanWest.

So by inference, we can blame Bob for CH going down the toilet. :slight_smile:

Yah, I hear ya, but that means only the hundred or so people that visit here will know what's going on.

At least with CH, a bunch of people dialing in to get the weekend weather, or to find out about the latest car accident, would inadvertantly be reminded that there was a Ticat game coming up in a few days.

Oh well, at least we still have the Spec and Ken Peters.

Speaking of Tiny Talent Time, I sang on that show as a child, and it seemed like a pretty big deal at the time, but the tinyness of my talent must have been apparent, because Atlantic records never returned my parent's calls.

Speaking of Tiny Talent Time, I sang on that show as a child, and it seemed like a pretty big deal at the time, but the tinyness of my talent must have been apparent, because Atlantic records never returned my parent's calls.
At least you had some talent to get on the show to begin with ......unlike myself :cry:

Been to Bill Lawrence's home in Dundas a few times as he's a client and it's amazing how he is the exact same person as his television persona..just like John Candy was....Bill is truly one of the nicest persons on planet earth and I'm not exaggerating.....he took me for a tour of all the pictures and momentos he had hanging on every square inch of his basement/rec room walls......and then gave me some gifts for my kids.

His only gripe was that all his kids keep dumping all their extra stuff at his house...of course temporarily.....yah right!....lol....he was full of apologies as I had to mountain climb over his kid's (grown adults living elsewhere) stuff to do my tasks.... :lol:

my job is cool sometimes.....but other times?.....wellllll don't make me tell you about running cabling through animal barns on farms......yuck!

:cowboy: :roll:

Global bought CH for two reasons: 1. to reduce advertising competition for its station in Toronto and 2. when it buys American programs in package deals, it schedules the top-ranked ones on Global Toronto and dumps the rest on CH. It only maintains local coverage for the sake of CRTC licence regulations, or local coverage too would have been gone long ago.

The CRTC itself has a policy eerily like the CBC and NHL: all three organizations believe that Hamilton, Niagara and Halton are simply suburbs of Toronto where nothing of importance happens. About four or five years ago, the CRTC did contemplate a new TV channel for Hamilton. Torstar was thought to have a lock on it since they were promising increased news coverage for the Hamilton area, but it was given -- rather surprisingly -- to a company out west that located the station in Toronto. Hurray! Another Toronto channel! Since then, that station went belly-up (I wonder why ...) and has been rebranded as the A-Channel.

Since then, Niagara applied for a station of its own based in St Catharines. Guessed who blocked it? Global and A-Channel, who argued that Niagara couldn't have its own station because their programs would dilute the Toronto audience and therefore the advertising base. The CRTC chose to protect the Toronto stations rather than "foster a diversity of voices" as its current policy would suggest they should do.

Anyone ready to found a pirate TV station?

I am ready to Dump my Canadian TV
Cause of the CRTC.. sorry Bob I no I am off Topic.
But .. The CRTC Is Biggest Joke in Canadian Government.

They Let CBC Continue and Let Can-west buy CH.
This Proves how Incompetent they are
As For the People who Work at CH I Feel Bad For them.
We use to be Proud Independent TV Station
now we arew just a Clone of Something
I'd See my Self not Watching much
May just for the 6 and 11 news.

I'd Rather Watch TV Podcasts from the Internet
At least it entertaining..

The CRTC,Canadian channel programming, and pathetic providers like Bell are the exact reason why so many of my friends have switched over to illegal satellites. People are tired of the Canadian garbage and want more for their money.....Why change CH into and all celebrity channel...How immensely pathetic and boring....I thought there was a channel for that already - STAR Tv...Typically CRTC at its best...I'm surprised they havent added a channel for Native Americans to cover the Caledonia land claim...that would have been soo interesting...The CRTC is pathetic...The more people who rip them off the better...

I'm surprised they havent added a channel for Native Americans to cover the Caledonia land claim...that would have been soo interesting...
[url]http://www.aptn.ca/[/url]

They already have!