The Morning After

There are a few things that trouble me about that game:

1. With 11 guys out with injuries, Montreal was ripe for the taking and the Cats weren't able to even compete with them. This is the team they'll have to beat out for 3rd and Montreal will be better when most of those guys get back.

2. For a season opener at home, they came out flat as boards apart from a couple of rants by CP and McKay. The team seemed to lack emotion.

3. Bad penalties--again.

4. The Cats don't seem able to adapt their game plan during a game. Taafe basically stands on the sidelines not doing a whole lot. He just doesn'tgive me the impression of a guy in charge. Trestman on the other hand, seemed fully engaged in what was happening. Montreal was able to do the same things after the half as they did at the start of the game. Can't the Cats adjust?

5. For the most part, I'll cut the players some slack. Lots of new faces. But someone should tell Mitchell to stop posturing after making a catch when he dropped an earlier one. No one played well although a couple showed flashes--Smith and Woodcock but Smith's long TD run was when Montreal had taken the foot off the pedal at the end of the game.

6. It looks like the interior of the D-line is still weak. AC had lots of time and Cobourne had lots of room to run.

7. The next 3 games are against TO, Sask and Calgary so it won't get any easier.

That was a pathetic effort and they should be embarassed.

An Argo-Cat fan

8) Couldn't have said it better myself barney, you are dead on !!!!
If we can't even compete with an injury riddled Montreal team, in our biggest game of the year (so far), then things don't look too optimistic at all !!

All I saw was, same old, same old !!!!

Very disapointing and discouraging !!! :oops:

The only thing that was funny last night wasm someone yelled (OSKIE WEE- HOLY S---! not again.) :roll:

The cheerleader uniforms are improved.

Morning after? As Melissa Manchester sang...

[i]There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night We didn't even make the 1st quarter)
We have a chance to find the sunshine (Even Lumsden couldn't find much daylight)
Let's keep on looking for the light

Oh, can't you see the morning after?
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together (To Burlington?)
And find a place that's safe and warm?

It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time (Knock down a pass or two)

There's got to be a morning after
We're moving closer to the shore
I know we'll be there by tomorrow
And we'll escape the darkness
We won't be searching anymore (How many years now?)

(There's got to be a morning after)
(There's got to be a morning after)
(repeat and fade out) The 'Cats keep repeating what they've been doing and our hopes do the fade
[/i]
Anyne who remembers this song may also remember that it was a theme of "The Poseidon Adventure". That ship sunk.

I'll admit I was very disappointed and discouraged last night, but part of that was my own fault. Despite my declarations to the contrary, I actually set my expectations way too high for the first "real" game for a team with 20 news faces this year.

I was ready to come on here and rant and rave, but I'll tell you what changed my mind. I stayed until the very last minute last night and as I watched those guys walk off the field, I saw for myself that they felt MUCH worse than I did. There was none of the laughing and joking that I'd seen after a loss in the past. I liked the fact that this group really seemed to care that they lost. They were pissed off and that is what is going to make them work even harder.

Not to agree with Barney :wink:, but I'm much more concerned with the lack of adjustments and the fact that some people (coaches included) just look completely lost out there.

I'm not confident in the playbook or the coaches right now.

I still do believe we have some talent on this team and it's just going to take some time for us to be successful.

It will get better eventually.

The poet strikes again. :lol:

An Argo-Cat fan

Please ... the run for the td was a great play quit trying to take something away that was earned . Montreal was still trying on offence so there is no way they werent during that play !!!!

I think it just came down to coaching. Trestman is an offensive genius, he was playing chess Taaffe and company were playing checkers.

I feel like the Ticats are doing their own version of the movie ground hog day.

I posted some thoughts about this team a couple of days or so ago which revolved around our porous defence in pre-season and a coaching staff, including Charlie, who still have to prove themselves.
After the little I saw of last nights game, the problems seem bigger than I imagined.
Same old. Too many penalties, weak game planning and lack of half time adjustments. And for this game we can add an apparent gross underestimation of the opponent.
I can't see Obie putting up with this nonsense for very long. If nothing else, the size of the crowd last night highlights some big danger signs for this team.
I give Charlie 3 more games to show us some improvement. If not, I can see Obie taking some drastic action. This cannot continue for another season.

It seems to me that our offence is designed for what our OC wants to do, not designed to our strengths like around Casey ,Jesse, Smith etc.
Our defence although some poor tackling and missed coverages,which can be worked on,I think it was more of a product of Calvillo disecting our defence.
Lets face it Calvillo was awesome tonight!!

Ok, instead of looking at just the negatives, let's look at the positives as well! :slight_smile:

They can turn it around, I know they can! They just need to push past this and play hard. It's not how many times you fall, It's the amount of times you get back up.

I saw that too, and that is one of the reasons I am being so optomistic about that. Some of them looked like they were going to cry. And as bad as this sounds, that made me happier than almost anything i saw last night. This team actually has Heart. Something that has been missing from this team for a longggg time.

The singer was Maureen McGovern