The Kiss The Witches Thread,Vol. 4

I agree and I would have gone for 2 personally.

I’m just saying its not as clear cut a decision as it would be in American Football where you should go for 2 every time.

I was shocked we didn't go for the two. We had nothing to lose and everything to gain by going for it.

If you kick the single point, a field goal by Toronto beats you. If you miss the 2-point, a field goal by Toronto beats you.

If you make the two, a field goal by Toronto only ties you.

Shivers is awful and the front seven needs to start wreaking havoc again, but we won.

A win is a win. :thup:

Twice in this game we had a play of 2nd and less than a yard, and both times Porter snuck for the first down.

I'd rather we take advantage of that on occassion to try for a big play like we nearly got in the BC game.

Chances are you can get the first down on third down.

The way you’ve used the word “choosing” here implies that making a 2-point convert is just as easy as making a 1-point convert, which is not the case.

I think Bellfeuille made the right decision considering Pre missed what about a 20 yarder earlier in the game. They have a new holder. It's more likely than not that Pre is going to miss and send the ball through the endzone. I think the move was a vote of non confidence in Pre personally.

IMO the Cats are not a Grey Cup contenders yet. With the preformance last night (i.e. to many penalties and to many
2 and outs ) they would not have beaten Winn. or Mont.

The O-line needs to tighten up and the D needs to improve their coverage. :cowboy:

I stand guilty of poor use of the language. Better might be – You shouldn’t make your choice with the hope of avoiding a tie, rather with the hope of avoiding a loss. While the likelihood of success is certainly less on a 2-point try the fact, that ending up ahead by 2 points isn’t significantly better than ending up ahead by 1 point, makes taking the chance worth it. Ending up ahead by 3 points IS significantly better than ending up ahead by 2.

That was a good point about respecting Boyd, and not respecting Lemon as much. That could be one reason Lemon looked that much better than he usually does, although I think Lemon himself deserves some credit.

Fixed it for you. :wink:

And just one more thing I want to point out. Brandon Denson looked impressive out there. As was pointed out in the game thread, it sure does look like he has a motor. And there was recently an article about him having type 1 diabetes.

IMHO, the league-wide standings are an accurate reflection of where the Cats stand when considering which teams may be Grey Cup contenders. They stand 5th among the 8 teams. They’ve played every other team once, beat each of the 3 teams below them and 1 of the 4 above them. I’ve set the 2/3 mark in the season as the point to make a good judgement on the team’s chances for year-end success. That’s 5 more games, all against the teams which stand above them, and 3 of those games will be at home. Winning 3 for a 7-5 record at the 2/3 point of the season will do it for me – qualify them as serious contenders.
'Til then, the jury that’s been out for so many seasons, remains there.

[quote="Beakermania"]Twice in this game we had a play of 2nd and less than a yard, and both times Porter snuck for the first down.

I'd rather we take advantage of that on occassion to try for a big play like we nearly got in the BC game.

8) They are saving that big play for a playoff game !! :wink:

A la McMannus to Hagins?

A la Porter to McDaniel. :oops:

I still can’t believe Mr Lancaster had the cajones to call that play in that situation.

A la Tafralis to Bruce. Won us the game against Calgary a couple years ago.

Because defenses make allowances for that play. Even Tafralis to Bruce in 09 there was somebody in close coverage. It has to be perfectly executed and there’s always the risk of a pick. Do you really want to put Porter in that position when just falling forward gets the job done ?

A lot of moaning and questioning about putting in Porter inside the 5 early in the season. He’s been working it perfectly lately.
Good on him. :thup:

That was on a 2nd down. Great play, for sure though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrUoOJ05pXA

I support your giving credit where it’s due.

Agreed. On the other side, had Porter’s pass to McDaniel on 2nd down earlier this year been thrown to his inside shoulder instead of to the outside, McDaniel might have had a chance to make the reception on the run and picked up the TD.

Agreed. Porter’s been playing that shortage yardage game very well.

Also, some credit goes to coach Bellefeuille too.

He still “had a chance” to make the reception, even if it was over his outside shoulder. A lot of receivers would have caught it, and McDaniel himself probably catches that ball at least half the time.