THE KEY OF SUCCESS FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR LEAGUE

I was a season ticket holder in ottawa, great crowds and alot of great fans that know thier stuff,the media wipe out ottawa not ownership. And I am a ticat fan not ottawa.

How was the media to blame? Shooting the messenger are we?

Seems to me that the ownership of the Glieberguys played the major role in the demise of the Renegades. I don’t see how the media is responsible for the team folding.

Don't get me started about the media in Ottawa. I can tell you inside stories that would be VERY unflattering to the Ottawa Citizen in particular (like the time I was solicited for a bribe by one of its reporters, for example).

I'm sure it was a combination of issues that brought on the demise of the Renegades. Weak ownership was certainly most of it I'm sure, but a rundown stadium and a yellow press (judging from my eight years there in the 80s) that fed on the problems like a pack of wolves likely didn't help the situation either.

The key is continued and increased fan attendance. Quite simple actually :slight_smile:

But what’s the key to continued and increased fan attendance?

all die hard fans should have lots and lots of kids, who should then have lots and lots of kids, and so on :thup:

People forget that the CFL is a business. Actually, the CFL doesn't need new teams or more Canadians to be successful in the future. Real key to success is to earn enough REVENUE from fans, sponsors and media.

My guess is that businesses DEFINE success as earning enough revenue. The key to success is finding a way to get enough revenue, which I would guess is enough to cover expenses and still be able to afford a medium-sized yacht. Doing that is not so simple. The fans, the sponsors, and the media are the sources of revenue. So what is the key to getting revenue from fans, sponsors, and media? The revenue from media depends largely, though not entirely, on revenue from sponsors. Revenue from sponsors, meanwhile, depends on the number of people watching, which increases increases in proportion to the number of fans. Revenue from fans also depends on the number fans (duh). Thus revenues, and therefore success, ultimately depends only on the number of fans. Hence, the key to getting more fans is the key to success. So in the end, the question boils down to “What is the key to getting enough fans so that enough revenue is earned?”

I don’t have the answer, but FYB’s suggestion for that is the best one I’ve heard so far (although free parking with season’s tickets deserves an honourable mention), so excuse me while I follow up on that and start procreating. Gosh, I hope it’s quadruplets, because I’m too old to start having lots and lots of kids one at a time.

...of my three offspring only one is a football fan :cry: , sorry guys, I tried...

When the team starts playing again in Ottawa, Capital Region fans need to help bring more fans to the game. Instead of bring a fellow CFL fan with you, you might want to bring a fringe sports fan and show them a good time. Football (CFL) fans in Ontario need to be like Jehovah's a recruit newer fans to the game.

Also when shopping at Rona or banking at Scotia tell the people that work their that you do your business there because of the CFL.

Failure.