The International Bowl is DEAD!!!

Best football news I have heard all year. :smiley: :thup:
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/football/2010/03/24/13349696.html :rockin:
Now if we can just get rid of the Bills in Toronto.

it too bad I like the game and have Been the past 3 games.

Now is the time to revive the Can-Am Bowl, but use all of Canada's best players not just the CIS ones like they did before.
Canada's best graduating Seniors against an all-star US team would have much more appeal than what they have been trying to push in the International Bowl.

So why would LESS football be good news????
Do you actually think that people that attended these games are now going to say "I think I'll go to a CFL game now"
I thought that 15,000 of the fans that went to the Bowl Game were from the US colleges involved and came to Canada to spend their money. What's wrong with that?

He may be saying that because it was a Rogers initiative and Phil Lind one. In which case, any US football brought here by that company or Mr. Lind I hope fail as well. And that's sad because I don't want to feel like that, I love watching some US college football and always make a point to watch the Rose Bowl, my favourite bowl game even more than the national championship game. But I just don't like Phil Lind and the Bills thing in Toronto and how the man talks in the press about Canadian football ie. southern Ontario is NFL territory - anything to try and imply the CFL fanbase is just older people etc. like he's said. I can't stand the guy and he represents Rogers Corp in these US football ventures. P__ss on him and I hope Rogers loses millions on bringing US football to Canada.

Again, if Rogers showed more respect for the CFL, I may have bought tickets to the Int Bowl in the past but no thanks, not with them running the show.

My issue is that this game has nothing to do with Canada. It is a game by Americans, with American for Americans. It simply does not belong here. Now if it were a true "International" Bowl with a US school against a Canadian school or all star team - as in the Can Am Bowl - then that would be a different matter.

My issue is that this game has nothing to do with Canada. It is a game by Americans, with American for Americans. It simply does not belong here. Now if it were a true "International" Bowl with a US school against a Canadian school or all star team - as in the Can Am Bowl - then that would be a different matter.

Well said deer. As it is, it comes off as a 'Phil Lindish want Canada to be the US of A' culture and a lot of us sure ain't buying that one Phil baby. While we enjoy some aspects of US culture, we don't want it rammed down our throats as it being superior to Canadian culture in all aspects, which is what I see you trying to force on us. Get lost buddy. :thdn:

Earl The CFL Season and Bills NFL games are long over when this game was played.

This gives us Fans one last chance to watch a Live football Game before 7 Months of Hell

That Hell is called the off-season. Yes the Game is not Canadian but I still liked it

Absolutely Onknight. But Rogers was MY trump card and more specifically Mr. Lind. It was after that, no money from me Phil baby, you laid you're own grave my man.

Which is too bad Onknight, as you say, it was a chance to watch some excellent football. Lindy, you blew it, once again, for a smart man, you don't always say the right things chief. And I'm someone who never, ever forgets. Remember that. Not so much for sports stuff, it's small time stuff for Rogers Corp but for Rogers Corp in what makes them money, if I have a choice I will not choose Rogers because of YOU.

Earl, I agree completely with you. I like my American football right where it is; on TV and on their side of the border.

As for the game itself, it was a 7-5 team from a suspect conference VS a runner-up from a second-tier conference. There are too many bowl games already.

Another reason why they likely dropped it.
They're adding at least one more game next year (at Yankee Stadium), and they were already scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with enough bowl-eligible teams to fill the games they already had. (minimum 6-6 record, with at least 5 of those wins being against division 1A teams)

Still it nice to watch these young Kids play ..

Donald Brown I got to see him play his last Game for Uconn at Rogers
He was drafted by the Colts and played in the NFL this year
Kid was amazing to watch

Donald Brown, sure - but in 2008 we got to see RAY RICE in his last game for Rutgers!

Still don't mourn for the game though.

Bye-bye. :twisted:

Canada for Canadians only!!
Maybe the Brits should have banned the NFL game that was held in London last year.

Any event that will draw thousands of people to Canada is good. I think its great when we have Amerian tourists coming here.

Did more bad than good in my opinion. Tried to sell us weak U.S college ball. If it was a success, it'd make Toronto look more like sellouts then they already do and, in turn, make the CIS look bad. As it stands, the hectares of empty seats look bad.

Ditch it, I say.

Big Surprise.

In all honesty… who wants to watch that game? Regardless of where they play it? It’s a meaningless bowl game.

Many for you Rusty but the kids who play it..
And not for Fan who went to this game
As Said I went to the past 3 And Enjoyed it.

Okay, that's fine but don't forget that you support a Canadian game played 50% with Americans. If you are truly upset, you should not watch the CFL because it's not all Canadians.