The hit on DD!

That’s the chin strap, not the actual helmet.

Three questions for Red and Sportmen

1 Yes or No Jimenez hands are on Perry's back and Shoulder pads as Perry blows by him?

2 Yes or No Jimenez maintains contact with Perry all through the hit on Dickenson?

3 Yes or No actually ends up pushing Perry over sideways after the hit?

It is very simple watch it at regular speed.

GCup89 I like you so I will not make this an issue with you. But seriously you are lower yourself to Mikjt standards by not thinking this is a hit to the head. Sorry I think you really need to touch base with yourself and with out laughter think about this.

Yes the hands are on Perry.
But if you look at the direction, Perry makes a straight line towards Dickenson.

But, we will not agree on this one. We have different points of view. Like I said after the league reviews it, one of us will be right.

And, like R&W 2005, I don't like the rule as its written. This is football. It is a team sport. Prior to 2005, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

Well Mike you are right to point the touching would only slow him down if he did make good contact which he didn’t. So you feel he pushed him into Dickenson. Please that is so lame. Really look again.

I don’t think it was intentional at all. You could argue he deserved a penalty on the play as it’s slightly late, but I don’t see how the league can determine that he intentially aimed for Dave’s head. The brunt of the hit was to the shoulder and Dave’s head snapped back when he made contact with the ground.

Dave is lucky they put that nicer softer turf in this year or he might be gone for the year.

I admit he hit him on the chin,which could be classified as the head, but what i meant by he didn't make contact with his head was that he didn't hit him on the top of his head or anything. Like in toronto last year.

And exactley Dust. He didn't aim for the head.It wasn't like the Schultz hit on Wynn last year. That's why i don't think it's dirty.

Dust I agree with you but all these hits regardless of the team that does it the rules are the rules and he is guilty. Is it dirty as the rule stands yes a few years agon it would be another hit on a QB that would not have any problems after the fact.

Thank you admit it is a hit to the head we are getting there. It does not make a difference if it was on top of the head or on the chin the rule applies.

Its not that Jimenez pushed him into DD. It that he changed his path. I am not claiming to know Perry's intentions but had he not been pushed he prob would have ended up hitting DD's right arm. The push changed his trajectory and he ended up hitting his left shoulder,

I guess the rule applys.But should it be called dirty? I mean it may or may not have been an illegal hit, but dirty? Dirty IMO is going for the knees.

Your right is this dirty. If there was intent I guess it would be. Is there intnent in this case only Perry would know. The problem is not with what Perry did but the rule.

in this frame you can see the helmet is squarely on the shoulder

DD was injured when his head hit the ground!

Yeah, and i guess my biggest thing with this is why is Buono complaining. Does Perry deserve a fine? I mean if the CFL brought it up and called it themselves, great but why does Buono have to complain so much? Because Dickenson got hurt? He was going to get hurt sometime this season, he always does.If dickenson would’ve stayed in the game there would be no complaint. What’s next? Is he going to complain that the hit on Pierce was dirty?

Ro inital impact is to the shoulder but the follow through it hits his chin. Group89 just because you feel that Bouno is doing wrong is dumb to say the least. If this occured to your QB you can bet the troops would be in force in Rider Nation. Bouno is looking after his players and is a reasonable thing to do.

Alright. Point taken.That makes sense.

If the initial impact is to the shoulder…there is no helmet to helmet! Especially since he came from the front!

I didn't think the hit was dirty but it did show Perry led with his helmet. Whether it is intentional or not, should have been a penalty.

For all you who have never been hit like that and then to hit the turf with your head, how can you say he shouldn't get a concussion and can't last. I've seen him take big hits and get up. He's just had the misfortune of some injuries. Maybe you're just jealous he's not on your team. Lions still win without him.

Nobody is questioning his skills Lionbacker, but the fact is he can't take a hit like he used to be able to when he was a Stampeder. Ever since he came back from the NFL he's been about as durable as single ply toilet paper ( yeah even double ply has him beat :wink: )

i think it's because Joseph get's hit pretty hard in most games (At least last year) and dosn't seem to be bothered.