The Gunslinger....moves to the #1 spot.

Love him or hate him...Jason Maas will now be the back-up to Tim Chang. The one thing that can and should be said about Maas..is that he has played with a hell of a lot of guts, and heart.
Unfortunitly, the 'wins' were not there..under his direction, as the starter.
Can all the blame for the past season and a half be placed on his shoulders ? Of coarse not.
Love him or hate him...Tim Chang is now the number #1.
As a Cat fan, I don't care who is the starter for this Club..Maas, Chang, or the little old lady..up the street. It is not my call. It..in the end, is Taafe's call. And regardless of all the crap that has happened, or has not happened with this team, so far this season. I still believe Charlie Taaffe is one of the very few people, in football, that can turn this mess around in Hamiltion.
The Gunslinger...moves to the #1 spot, starting Labour Day. I hope that Chang can do..what Jason was unable to do, as the starter for the Club.
The balance of this season..now rests on Tim Chang's shoulders.
At the very least..the next 10 games, should be very interesting to watch..as a fan.
Cheers. :thup:

[quote="SJRiley"] The one thing that can and should be said about Maas..is that he has played with a hell of a lot of guts, and heart.

[quote]

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

newrabidcatfan...
When it is Jason's time to leave this Club..regardless of anything else, I hope that 'true' fact about him..is remembered.
Under differant coaching and offencive play calling, when he first came into Hamilton.
Things may have been better.
We will never know...

Things would not change as Maas was terrble due to his health and nothing else

do you really need to start a new thread on the subject or do you just like to have your name on the board??? i don't get it.

argoconvert...
I agree...it all boils down to health.
It does not matter how willing the mind is..if the body can't do it..your done.
End of story, and most unfortunite.

I can't see Maas lasting past this weekend in Hamilton. You can't pay a back-up a six figure salary so unless he renegotiates his contract and becomes marketable say good-bye.
My guess is Hamilton releases Mass and he signs with Edmonton or BC for the balance of the season. No matter what happens you can't say he was not given a fair chance, a 5-19 record is simply not good enough regardless if it was his fault or not.

newworldorder...
Did you miss breakfest this morning ?
Give your head a shake..pal.

[quote="SJRiley"] The one thing that can and should be said about Maas..is that he has played with a hell of a lot of guts, and heart.

[quote]

So did Khari Jones. Too bad he wasn't given as many chances as Maas was to fight through his injury problems.

is breakFEST some kind of party??? if it is I did miss it. I did however eat breakfast though....and relax I was just busting your b*lls.