The Glen Suitor Science Experiment

Dork really well Dentor if you had that dork catching passes for your riders you would be singing a different tune right! Read this article it will tell you more.

By JONATHAN HUNTINGTON, EDMONTON SUN

Garrett admits ‘I just wasn’t good enough’

CALGARY – Nik Lewis spent the week spouting off.

But when the lights were turned on and the ball started to fly yesterday at McMahon Stadium, Lewis showed off.

After trashing talking and bashing the Edmonton secondary in the days leading up to the Stamps-Esks battle, Lewis backed-up his words with a marvellous performance.

The sophomore slotback sensation finished with a game-high eight catches and 145 yards against Edmonton’s Shannon Garrett, who Lewis said was too old to cover him.

But the most important fact was Lewis scored a touchdown, the first TD scored against Garrett this season.

However, after the Stamps’ decisive 43-23 victory, Lewis was singing a different tune after making headlines through the week in the Edmonton Sun.

“I kind of feel like some of my teammates didn’t appreciate what I said,” remarked Lewis, "but at the same time, that’s me.

“I knew I had to play great and if I didn’t everybody would have had something to say. Out of respect to (coach) Tom (Higgins), I’m not going to do it again.”

Included in Lewis’s list of shots before the game was: “If (the Edmonton secondary) expects to cover me, they can’t cover me with one person.”

To no surprise, Garrett didn’t have much to say after the season.

“I just wasn’t good enough,” said Garrett.

“I didn’t make enough plays.”

Lewis’s outstanding afternoon moved him to second-place on the CFL receiving chart for the year with 1,379 yards.

But he might not have a chance to have a second outstanding afternoon in the span of a week against Garrett.

The 31-year-old veteran strained a quad muscle in his right leg on Lewis’s 20-yard TD score in the fourth quarter.

His status for next week’s semifinal is unknown.

However, he spent considerable time after the game in the trainer’s room with a massive ice bag taped to his right leg.

LATE HITS: Ace returner Tony Tompkins joined Garrett on the trainer’s table after the game with ice taped to one of his ankles. He could have returned punts late in the game, but the coaching staff kept him on the sidelines as a precaution.

• HUNTINGTON

I think I read in the Herald somewhere today a quote from Reggie Jackson (again, not sure if it was him) that stated "It's not bragging if you can do it".

Personally I don't typically agree with that sort of trash-talking before the game, as apparently some of the Stamps players also don't, but since he did follow through with his statements, it does make it less of an issue. I'm sure if Garrett had shut him down, a lot of people would've been all over Lewis.

And even though I do wish he was catching passes for the riders with his talent, I personally wouldn't think that he needed to make those comments prior to the game.

Well Geronimo has an infectious desire to win and this passes off through out the team is this a good thing? Well it worked this past weekend. I see nothing wrong with confidence and I believe from reports here that Shannon did some trash talking during the game Labor day. So is this pay back.

Never critized his ability he is a great reciever...But so Is Terrell Owens....also a Dork....which is exactly my point.

It wasn’t Reggie Jackson, but Muhammad Ali. And the quote is “It ain’t bragging if you can back it up.”

I must say it fits more in Ali’s mouth than in Jackson’s. Ali was a statement in himself… “Dance like a fly, sting like a bee”…

I you get to correct me, I get to correct you. :slight_smile:

I'm pretty sure that the Ali quote is "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"

I'm at least a bit more sure about this one than my totally mis-quoted statement from yesterday. Good thing these things can't be used in court or anything...... or can they??? :-o

ONE last thing which never got mentioned...Dork #1 Lewis & Dork #2 Copeland did a typical classless gesture with the handcuff thing after Lewis's touchdown...I dont mind the Stamps but these clowns are giving them a bad name.

Yes Dentor and if you had them on your team they would be your gods! get real!

Here let me spell it out for you...BOTH ARE GREAT RECIEVERS...BOTH DISPLAY THE SAME ATTITUDE....DORKS....hence see my Terrell Owens comment..has absolutely nothing to do with if I HAD THEM on my team.
Let me ask you this..do you condone what they did after the touchdown?

Well I can tell you what if you had those so called dorks on your team you guys would have been in second. I would take them any day. Their attitude is infectious to the rest of the team and that is great. Enjoy!

Since you never answered my question il assume you condone there actions ( not surprised)…you keep trying for some reason to make this into “IF we had them” Argument, Like I disrespect there playing abilities, Even shultz which I am not particuilarly fond of, says Lewis’s actions were high schoollish at best. The mock handcuff incident was just icing on the cake.
You can be assured the Eskies will have his newspaper comments posted in there locker room…you better hope there so called infectious attitude doesnt come back to bite them stamps in the ass.

Sorry Dentor you bet I like their actions thats called entertainment. Do not get me started on what Rider entertainment is you would not like it. Nik does not have to prove himself nor does Copeland they have done it through out the year. I can tell you there is not one Rider receiver that can say they are as good as these two. So I have answered your question I believe.

LMAO entertainment.. if mocking other players and acting like dorks is entertainment to you... I bet you love WWF wrestling..why Am I not surprised..Last time I checked though this was the CFL..at least theres quite a few on here that appreciate classy recievers like Tucker Cahoon and 90% of the other Recievers in the CFL.
As for a Rider receiver ...I'll take a Healthy Dominguez over these two clowns anyday.