The Game Needs To start earlier

I have to say last night was the worst Tiger-Cat crowd I have every seen. I know not all of you were being rowdy and violent, and I know it was not only Tiger-Cat fans, but last night the late start caused a lot of fights, verbal abuse, and other things like this. I can say that was not a good family enviroment at all, and that is what the CFL tries to create, is a family friendly game. If the game was to start earlier, people wouldn't have the opportunity to drink all day, and they would be less rowdy. I know it is out of your hands management, but please let TSN know that it was not such a good live experience. Don't get me wrong, I love it when the stadium is loud and fans are cheering, but the fighting and verbal abuse is taking it to far. Also I don't mean to ramble on, but event staff, please crack down on people who stand infront of aisles and sections durin plays, nothing is worse than when theres a big play and someone is standing infront of you.

Thanks for reading, rant over

not a rant at all...

wasn't there last night but at the two games that i've been to this year, there were more than a few fights, a lot of drunks, and i was actually uneasy walking back to my car.

Maybe the fact that the stadium is populated by near adolescent drunks, foul mouthed rednecks and pinheads who take their frustration out on anyone who dares to cheer for the opposing team is keeping the team from filling the stadium with the type of fans that Caretaker wants to attract: Young, affluent families with disposible income who buy season tickets and lots of merchandise, rather than a bunch of yahoos who come once or twice a year to get drunk and start fights.

not a rant at all...

wasn't there last night but at the two games that i've been to this year, there were more than a few fights, a lot of drunks, and i was actually uneasy walking back to my car.

Maybe the fact that the stadium is populated by near adolescent drunks, foul mouthed rednecks and pinheads who take their frustration out on anyone who dares to cheer for the opposing team is keeping the team from filling the stadium with the type of fans that Caretaker wants to attract: Young, affluent families with disposible income who buy season tickets and lots of merchandise, rather than a bunch of yahoos who come once or twice a year to get drunk and start fights.

Kinda looks like Cess Village.

I can't understand the late start here and out West. I didn't go, and know others who didn't because the kids were starting school the next day. Just makes more sense to have the game start at 4 here, and 7:30 there.

As far as the rowdies go. Things have been pretty calm where I sit, and its right behind the oppositions bench, and its certainly not like things used to be. Any drunks are either coming to the game drunk, are smuggling in booze, or going home broke.

Hopefully this will be cracked down on. Labour Day tends to be the worst for this type of behaviour.

PJ

this goes perfectly with my topic of Mr. Crouch / Sec 8 fight.

please also take a look at my post as I make most of the points and agree 100% with you

Labour Day for us use to be...Parade, go to Game, dinner at home with family watching western game on TV.
Not this year.

Why can't it be a 4:00 start. Gives people time to get back from cottages but gets you home at a decent time and kills a few hours drinking. Have the WEST game a 4:00 start western time which makes 7:00 our time and TSN gets their prime time game and all CFL fans our home early for school the next day...too logical???

TSN will still want the East game to be the primetime game because the population and TV audience is concentrated in the East.

If they can make a few more bucks in advertising, they probably don’t care how many people the police have to arrest at Ivor Wynne.

A number of NFL teams have in the past or this coming season have taken steps to curb this type of activity at night games.

They have limited tailgaiting in the stadium area to 3 hrs before game start time. And horrors of horrors, no beer will be sold at all in the stadium.

Teams that I know of following this routine are the Bills, Jets and Giants. All because of what might be best described as "unruly fans" Might be others in the league doing the same.

Would hate to see that have to come to pass here, but might be considered an option by some.

The Labour Day games are all about tradition and here we have one that families across the region had circled on their calenders all summer long. So in the best place to cultivate a future fan base as well as possibly strengthening the current one, they instead turn it into a non family event which might turn off even those regularly attending games. And for what? For TSN? I could even understand if the CFL was getting NHL style dollars for TV rights, but for what TSN is currently paying, this aggravation is not worth it.

And what do those 3 teams have in common…
NY
NY
NY

Seems NY thinks their fans can’t handle it I guess, I have heard they are wild and crazy!

I got news for this entire team. The game started at 7:30 and the team showed up at 9:00 - same as most of the games - lack of leadership - play calling - blocking schems - etc........ out coached out played. The game should have started at 1:30 and the team should have arrived at 12:00

Where I was sitting it was just an energetic, loud football crowd.

I thought the crowd was more like what it was for daytime Labour Day games when I was a kid. From 1972 - 1980 my brother and two cousins would get season tickets in the endzone as Christmas gifts. We would have been 11-14 years old in 1972. For every game the four of us kids would sit together in the endzone, with the adult members of the family seated in the 5 good seats at the 45 yard line in Section 7.

The only exception - whenever we played the Argos when two adults would shift to the endzone seats and two of us kids would move to the good seats. The reason - fight protection. Because in those days thousands of Argos fans would make the trek and regardless of the start time of the game there would be a TON of fights all over the place. So even though for some it may have looked a bit ugly Monday night. that was nothing.

And you know with the two highest rated CFL games in TSN history both being evening Labour Day games in Hamilton - get set for a Monday nighter next year. Although either move the game forward half an hour or move the last Go Bus back to Toronto back half an hour. We had to bail on the game with about 3 minutes left to be certain we could catch the 11:30PM last GO Bus home.