The Future is Now and its Richie Williams

I have been biding my time since preseason. Why is Maas still starting? He has had ample opportunities. The job of the qb is moving the chains and scoring. He is doing neither. It doesn't matter what your completion rate is if you are not moving the chains or scoring. Period. It does not matter why. As a financial broker, I always say, "past experience is no guarantee of future results." Hello!!!! The Maas experiment is over. Now to Eakin. While he has not had the opportunities that Maas has had, he still has not performed well. Sat. night he was 8-14 for 70 yds. and two ints. Not good enogh. A previous post said, "he threw a good spiral" C'mon guys thats a minimum to be on the roster. My guess is that he is barely hanging on to his roster spot. On the other hand, you have someone who is taller, faster, stronger, more elusive, and has a stonger arm and you are not playing him. Shame on you. Is he perfect? no. Will he get sacked? yes. but he will also get a 40 or 50 yard scamper as well. Will Maas or Eakin? Will Richie throw ints.? Sure. But he will also take a broken play for a 30 or 40 yard pass completion as well (assuming we have someone who can catch the ball). For those who like what they have seen so far...wait till he plays for a half. The future is now and his name is Richie Williams.

i dont think he deserves to start labor day but if maas is playing like sh!t again id put him in for the rest of the game. and then if he looks anywhere from amazing to decent i think he should get the start the next week.

The way the O line blocks you are right get someone who can run for his life because that may be all he can do!

The way the O line blocks you are right get someone who can run for his life because that may be all he can do!

at least richie can scramble when the pass protection breaks down, he is mobile and has the scrambling ability to be a playmaker. this team needs more athleticism and speed.

Because of the change at OC, I'm guessing Maas will start
Labour Day. I'd like to see Eakin and Williams get a lot of playing time for the rest of the season.