Kudos to idealsheldon over on the MTL forum
:o :o :oto the 2nd item!
Some of Kirk Penton’s The Insiders Say:
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE OFFENSIVE TO SOME READERS. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
• When we went to Edmonton with Chris (Jones), Paul Jones told us not to listen to (Ed) Hervey. Said he would talk shit about everyone that was there before. That’s what he did. Any problem was because of somebody else — not him. Now we’ll see if Hervey does it again. If the heat is on in B.C., will he throw Clay (DeVone Claybrooks) under the bus or the assistants?
• He deserves to be a head coach, but I hope Edmonton doesn’t take Tommy (Condell) away from us.
• We need to find a guy who plays with the nasty that (Greg) Reid does.
• Everyone keeps speculating that (Mike) O’Shea will end up as the head coach in Toronto. There is no more unlikely a duo than he and John Murphy. At the end of the day, it’s tough to picture them as a good fit, and O’Shea is smart enough to know it.
• With the problems the league has in Toronto and B.C., we can’t fuck up Montreal. It’s fun to go there again. The crowd is really into it. It’s packed and loud and reminds me of when I played. Whoever is making the decisions over there (Montreal) needs to give Khari (Jones) the money he wants, a good GM, and anything else he wants before he goes to Winnipeg or Edmonton or Toronto.
• Khari Jones and Craig Dickenson have to be the coach of the year candidates. Amazingly, both of them could have been in B.C. Ed (Hervey) fired Khari and declined to interview Craig. Instead he hired (DeVone) Claybrooks, who put together an incredibly unprepared and inexperienced staff. Not sure where it goes out there, but this season was a disaster for the Lions.
• Jason (Maas) will be the head coach over there (in B.C.) next year.
• If Edmonton loses in Montreal, you’d have to imagine that Jason Maas will be on the hot seat. If he gets let go, it would make sense to see him end up back in B.C. with Ed (Hervey).
• Two things about the Eskimos. They’re always either five or seven man pressures. After a few weeks, the data showed us how predictable they were. The other thing is double move the Eskimos, and they’re in trouble. They can’t cover, so they have to be over aggressive.
• We’re out of it, so our young gossipers are on the phones. (Mike) O’Shea to the Argos. Khari (Jones) to Winnipeg. ET (Eric Tillman) and (Paul) LaPolice to Halifax, if they get a team. (Ryan) Dinwiddie to Ottawa as OC so the Redblacks can get No. 9 (Nick Arbuckle) in free agency. Jason Maas fired. (Rich) Stubler and Jarious (Jackson) out as co-ordinators (in B.C.), replaced by Benny (Mike Benevides) and Maas.