the final nail in Kelly's coffin as HC of Winnipeg

No problem; no harm no foul :smiley:

I understand that Bart Andrus is available. . .

Relax gang, just joking. . .

Greg Marshall will be the coach of the Bombers in 2010. And Brendan Taman will also be re-hired in Winnipeg. It is now pretty obvious to everyone that the Bombers never should have let these 2 go in the first place.

I suspect that there will also be a purge of assistant coaches in Winnipeg, and that Marshall may take more Ticat coaches with him. Probably Kropke (D-Line) and Khari Jones (elevated from QB coach in Hamilton to OC in Winnipeg?).

You have heard that a bunch of times ! Worry about your own team that is close to 100 games under 500 in the last 10 years !

Fixed it for him.

Anywho, I hope the Bombers take this opportunity to do things right this time.

Start by hiring a full time GM, after a proper interview of candidates and let him hire the next HC who can fill out his staff.

Sigh...all I can say is I'm stunned...the man has a black cloud following him...

I've heard Tom Wright being mentioned as CEO...I like that...Greg Marshall as HC, I don't mind that...Taman as GM...Not so crazy about that...I think we should try a different direction with that...John Murphy as GM???

He deserved to be fired, even before the incident.Once that's official tonight and that living, breathing joke is out of the CFL,I don't care what happen's to him.Best of luck in court goofy.

This has to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read on here. still laughing. Innocent or guilty , it looks like Mike has to go. Hope they keep Nelson.

Wow... Just Wow... I admit I was a Kelly supporter and for consistency case I wanted him back. BUT, there is no excuse for this and he needs to be gone. Good on the board for acting swiftly. We need to bring in the new Pres, GM and coach and start putting this behind us.

Interesting times ahead guys :? :?

Word is Greg Marshall will be your next HC and the Cat's will be looking to sign a DC before X-mas.

We do not need Alleged wife beaters coaching our team. :oops: :oops:

Better article on it here,

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bomber-coach-Kelly-charged-with-assault-79557357.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 57357.html[/url]

An interesting article, Piggy. It sounds like Kelly isn't completely to blame. Regardless of who started what, it's an unfortunate event. I say let the police and the courts deal with it.

What I find a bit odd is kelly refused to resign.

The reason he refused to resign is that he is arrogant. This is a trait that is a hallmark of his personality. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm very disappointed he didn't resign as well, but I'm sure he isn't thinking straight either.

Oh well, let the lawyers sort out.

Lyle got the heck out of Dodge just in time. :smiley:

LOL...ain't THAT the truth!?!?

Apparently if he resigns then he has no cause whatsoever to sue the Bombers for wrongful dismissal. I imagine his lawyer told him to not resign and they will attempt to go after the Bombers for some sort of financial compensation. I imagine they will end up settling on something out of court and that will be the end of it.

The Board may wait and see what happens on the 23rd when Kelly goes to court. Maybe even suspend him without pay until it is resolved. I guess it depends what is contract says.

I was wondering how he ended up in a fight in his house with an ex...

its official, YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=302737

YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!!!!