The Fifth Quarter

I was at the game and listened to the show afterward, and was very disappointed in how Ted Michaels hosted the program. At one point he basically told the callers he didn't want any more calls that were critical of the GM, then he said he was tired of all the negative remarks. Well the team is 2-13 and has been bad for three years now. What positive things are there to talk about? While Michaels and Sardo and the rest of the radio crew are in a difficult position because they work with the team and players, the fans should be completely free to voice their opinions, as they are on this discussion board. Ted Michaels is a diehard ticat supporter and that's fine, but he has turned into an apologist for all of the shortcomings in this organization, and that is no way to host a radio show. If every caller wants to rip the GM, then that is the popular topic. Michaels should not be trying to insulate or protect anyone, as I thought the show was a forum for opinion. Why take calls if you don't want to hear what people are thinking and saying? If they don't want the fan opinion on the air, then CHML should just let Ted and Joe make excuses for bad performances, chat about the few positives that may have happened, and spout promises about how hard the organization is working to turn things around.

Call a spade a spade, Ted, and if that means you can't buddy up to the players then give the host chair to someone else. Bottom line is praise is only warranted when it's deserved, and the fans know that. Don't censor the opinions of the people buying the tickets and stop making excuses for the team. Coach Taaffe does enough of that.

I had a good laugh at the moron that called in and blamed Leslie Stewart for the Cats woes.

Let's face it, the callers into the Fifth Quarter are not "Returning Jeopardy Champions".

and ted isnt alex trebek

I’d rather lose games than lose Leslie…

I find them stick up for certain people too much also!As for blaming Leslie, thats just too funny! :wink:

I want Leslie!

i'd rescue leslie!

can I have Leslie

Thankyou leslie :smiley:

Ted is a waste of time, we talk about the cats on here anyways. The guy is afraid to cut anyone up for fear they wont come on his little show but if they are traded or cut.......he rips em to shreds (see troy davis)

You have to expect a team bias in the "Fifth Quarter" program: the radio station is a team sponsor, and calls itself "the voice of the Tiger-Cats".

You have to expect a team bias in the "Fifth Quarter" program: the radio station is a team sponsor, and calls itself "the voice of the Tiger-Cats".
True.

Also, as with any call-in radio show, they have a responsibility to try to keep it interesting and to maintain a certain level of civility. It’s can’t be easy when the team is so disappointing, and they can’t just let caller after caller make the same few points over and over and over and over again.

The Fifth Quarter lost it's luster when John Michluck left it.
And Michaels is just tryting to protect his butt for his job. Too much bad press is not good.
FACE IT PEOPLE, THE HONEYMOON IS OVER, THE FANS ARE TICKED AND WE DESERVE TO BE VOCAL.
My personal view the fifth quarter is for people who think they know a lot about football and for the drunks to hear themselves vomit. Harsh<><> YES
The Fifth Quarter has outlived its' usefulness.

im sorry but a call in radio show is supposed to do just that.. answer listeners calls! I get so sick of listening to the fifth quarter its finally got to the point that I mute the volume, I listen but its on mute & I gotta tell ya its pretty entertaining. I can't stand Ted. let the callers talk about what they want, they took the time to call in so let them call, without the callers Ted doesn't get paid for the hour he works simple as that.

If a caller starts to curse or seems like he or she has had a few too many to drink then its understandable cut em off but as for a regular caller let them talk about whatever he/she wants. Some of the useless facts Ted brings up to defend a player/coach is disgusting. He brings up useless facts that has nothing to do with what the caller is saying, he flips it over to defend every single player he's the John Madden of radio.

LET THE CALLERS SAY WHAT THEY WANT TEDDY. its pretty simple.

I still want Leslie

[Also, as with any call-in radio show, they have a responsibility to try to keep it interesting and to maintain a certain level of civility. It's can't be easy when the team is so disappointing, and they can't just let caller after caller make the same few points over and over and over and over again.
That's why most radio shows employ [b]competent call screeners[/b], to make sure that calls are not repetitive, and to weed out the people calling from the Prince Edward Tavern * that watched the game on TV, over 6 pitchers of beer.

CHML, if not happy with the people calling in, have no one but themselves to blame. It should be mandatory that all callers recite the alphabet backwards off-air as a sobriety test.

It could be worse, it could be Ken Peters hosting the Fifth Quarter.

• With all due respect to the Prince Eddie of course.

Cager:

Did you send a copy of your post to Ted Michaels...and his boss? I hope so. They need to know what people think about the program.

I agree, John Michaluk was the last host to call a spade a spade. These comments should be forwarded to CHML as the show could be interesting with the right host.

how do you listen when you mute it??????

Favourite call this week - the guy that threatened to miss the next game and go to the big Joan Rivers show the same night. You can't make stuff like that up.