The excitement of reopening and fans in THF

Of course there are people who have legit medical concerns, like pregnant women, who have other concerns like Rubella, and my 4 year old grand daughter does not have a vaccination available to her. So we, who care for her at times during the work week, have to be careful (while fully vaccinated) to wear masks and stay away from crowds when possible. I am frequently required to remove my mask in court because we all have some problems understanding each other, but there is plenty of plexiglass at the tables somewhat minimizing risk. Still, I imagine that without more vaccination and mask-wearing, that you will see crowd restrictions at large venues. It makes one wonder if things will ever be normal again. I enjoyed your comment and thank you for that.

2 Likes

security is at stadium is a joke had one person looking at over 200 people

1 Like

the stadium security in section 105 this morning was having a challenge simply standing up.

2 Likes

103 / 102 there is one person for a couple hundred people, he couldn’t stop people sneaking pics or make them keep mask on . Told me and others to put mask on when we were leaving but during he just stood in one spot and didn’t do shit . Though I only snuck pics when players were on Sideline not during drills and some of those pics were for a players family

1 Like

I watched the practice today and here are my observations keeping in mind it was only 1 practice.

Offence

Both qbs looked like calm vets getting tons of reps . I would give Evans a slight edge throwing on the run a lot. j’mar Smith literally got no reps .

It looks like Posey is injured and will miss game 1 and Jalin Marshall got a lot of reps and looked good and will start . it looks like Ungerer and Ternowsky will man the national X Spot receiver. Burt and KalInic at TE/ FB will get spot duty and all 4 looked good.
Banks, Addison and Acklin all looked great. ALL will start . I figure Tucker will be the odd man out for now.

No other import receiver stood out nor did they get many balls thrown their way.

STE looked healthy and good and Irons worked really hard on special teams .

Import running backs . Byran Marshall looked amazing but they will likely play it safe for now with CFL vet Don Jackson.

It looks like Van Zeyl is injured and will miss at least one game with Okafor replacing him at RT…Gibbon will replace the new Center Ciraco at righ Guard .
left guard will be Rev and import Javon Tate will be left Tackle.

The place kicker will be #6 import Bertolet
The punter will be 34 .global player Whitford

Defence
Davis looking great at DE
Wynn good at DT
Looks like Laurent will be injured for the first Game likely replace by Import Eddie Wilson at DT.
Mauldin was getting more reps at DE than Howsare both looking great. They both likely will dress and Mauldin could play DT if Wilson doesn’t dress.
Laurent being replaced by an import means we will see a couple of nationals on offense at all times . STE, Burt or Ungerer. 2 of the 3 will be on the field at all times.

Simoni will play will and Santos -Knox at MLB.
Frey is injured and Beverette got no reps but looked great on specials.
Another Wilson named Kyle looked great as a backup middle or Will.
Kameron Kelly looks like he will play SAM LB or Nelson Patrick.

Stribling looks like he will be first sub at DB along with super kick returnee / db marko Myers.

Rollle will replace Breaux at weak sude corner along with Cariel Brooks at half. Adeleke was injured but could still start otherwise Daly at safety.

Frankie Williams will be strong side corner along with Ciante Evans will be half back

New players that impressed me the most in order :

RB Byran Marshall
DB / Kick returner Marko Myers
LB Kyle Wilson
RB Don Jackson
SAM LB Kameron Kelly
FB/TE Burt
MLB Santos -Knox
OT Javon Tate
DB Ciante Evans
WR Ternowsky

Vets that looked the best

L Evans and Masoli
STE
Addison and Acklinv
Mauldin
Simoni
J’Gared Davis

3 Likes

I doubt whatever is up with Frey is major since he looked fine and he is one of the players i talked to briefly afterwards , maybe a tweaked muscle or something . I did see Van Zyel had what looked like a small half cast plus black tape on his one hand which is due to a injured thumb. I noticed global GL chris mulumba wearing a walking boot also

Agree Ternowski was impressive

It’s amusing how one can legit hear simoni from the other side of the field :rofl:

STE didn’t do many reps

Wife wondered if he was being rested or injured

Davis didn’t do much as well.

I hope/figured they were just being rested.

Would make sense for vets to get rest sometimes

1 Like

They have 4 days left to make decisions on guys who are on the bubble. Probably will be a lot of veterans getting maintenance days this week.

2 Likes

maybe not a lot of vets but maybe some of the older vets for sure

He has been, officially, put on an injured list and that opens up a spot on the Active Rroster for the return, from Suspended, of Gnahoua.
Confirmed by Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca;
|2021-07-25|HAM|POSEY, DeVier|WR|N|Ohio State|Transfer To|Injured|
|2021-07-25|HAM|GNAHOUA, Valentin|DL|A|McGill|Add From Suspended|Active Roster|

2 Likes

The published Training Camp Practice Schedule was changed, in recent days, and it appears, now, that they’re only going 3 more days.
A thank you to gerbear9, on behalf of those of us who weren’t there, for the detailed report on the open practice. Lots of good news, except for the number of guys with injury issues.

3 Likes

Why were they impressive to the other poster.was he even there.

Not sure.

I guess everyone sees things differently. It was a practice for the fans. Most players didn't break a sweat.

I'm not taking too much from a 2.5 hour light practice in front of fans. Outside of the fact that Simoni has way too much fun! He's the man.

At one point the field was split into 6 separate drills. Trying to follow everything at once was virtually impossible. They would break off into drills, splitting the field into four, five, or six. Then they'd move the groups around. Every 45 minutes or so they would scrimmage. Then go back into drills. Most players were not wearing equipment.

Being able to hear simoni is nothing new and yeah likely mainly WR and Running backs break a bit or a sweat

Yogi would have said “You can observe a lot just by watching”. And in setting up the groups did anybody say " Pair up in threes" or “We made too many wrong mistakes” ?

Pat Lynch ( When you come to the fork in the road , take it !)

3 Likes

Here you go

4 Likes

That’s great news, pretty low only 84 out of 521,000 that attended, and they don’t know if all the cases originated there or somewhere else before or after they attended the Stampede.

Bring on the CFL in 7 days!!

2 Likes