The end of the Labour Day Tradition - why?

Except we do take the Sun Media seriously, they have great writers and head & shoulders above the “Red star” which owns the Spec and they don’t have an agenda like the Star papers (yes owned by the Atkinson foundation that uphold Liberalism)
Sun writers are free to express their opinions whether it’s right or left. The Star can’t

You are another one that just wants to ignore what is going on in Toronto - “was there really less than 15,000 no it can’t be true” yes there was 11,000! and for the two regular season games the writer and others have stated that there were around 15,000 in the stands. Maybe 19,500 tickets were sold but in the end 15,000 showed up.
The CFL in Toronto IS in trouble, if Braley gets fed up of losing millions then who would ever want to buy them? wake up man!

Aside from your comments about the Sun (I think its trash. Journalism should have some standard of objectivity.), I agree with your points about the Argos.

In one regard, they are better than they were late 90s early 2000s when 15,000 and less for a regular season game was the norm. In another regard, they are clearly last in league attendance today in a market of over 5 million. Irrespective of other sports entertainment competition, they should be able to do at least prairie attendance numbers of around 25,000 - 30,000 per game.

Yup, as I was saying about the Argos.... I just don't see a future for them in that city really. Too many things going agains't the franchise there.

you know in that regard the cats should have been extinct many years ago …so should half the CFL …

but not too long ago you were all about the moving of the cats to some other location or have them blended into the argos now your about the argos moving or have them folded in with the cats… what have you got against 2 teams in southern ontario

Oops, I didn't meant to turn this thread into a politico-journalism argument. I was being snarky for the sake of being snarky.

There's no doubt that the CFL isn't on the most stable ground in Toronto, or even Southern Ontario, for that matter. I just doubt the ability of the average non-autistic sportswriter to accurately estimate the number of people in the stands, and by that token shouldn't be reporting estimates as hard facts.

As a funny aside: at the Stampeders' home preseason game this year which was held on the same night as Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final and during a torrential downpour, the night's official attendance was "AMAZING!"........which later turned out to mean "6,000!".

Hey Earl look its time to fold the Stamps… or merge them with the Eskies … hahahahaha

Expect Cavilo to pass for over 400 yards that day, mostly screens , swings and passes behind the line of scrimmage. Cats have shown they cant handle that. Montreal is going to get lost of yards after catch.

The CFL will do everything in its power to keep the argos afloat. Everything. There are some issues in that market for sure, but some of these knee jerk comments are ridiculous.

I think we’re still along ways away from talking about a team in the CFL folding.

The main issue in Toronto is with the stadium for football I believe. Remember Rogers was/is having a heck of a time selling tickets for the "mighty" and "almighty" NFL there and again I think the stadium is one of the issues.

Look, I want the Argos to thrive and do well where they've been for over 100 years but it just doesn't look promising without them playing in a football specific stadium. If that offends anyone here, me saying this, well that's your problem really. Braley will not continue to lose money on that team year after year after year IMHO.