The end of Mosaic Stadium (Taylor Field)

Some things just boggle the mind , why on earth would The CFL and TSN want to put this iconic game head to head with Hockey Night in Canada , it is really hard to figure the people out making the decisions for this league sometimes , this almost ranks up there with Grey Cup ticket pricing this year .

Its like they don't give two hoots about ratings at times.

Several have been to a game in Mosaic Stadium, not all of us, but each of us have been to at least 7 CFL games and four stadiums over the last several years.
Our background is simple we have all been involved in the US Nuclear Programs and the US Space Program. Worked with Canada, Dynacou in Toronto and CAE Electronics in Montreal for the Shuttle Canadarm 1 and Canadarm 2 for the ISS as well as the SRMS in general.

I'm sure the 33,000 Rider fans in attendance today left the last game ever held in Mosaic in a pleasant mood! :lol:

Pretty embarrassing to get blown out in your final home game - not even 200 yards total offense, lost TOP by ten minutes, Durant sucked.

Then again, this game and its supposed significance is a microcosm of the Rider season (5 wins :lol: ) and their entire history (4 cups in 106 years :lol: ) so it is rather fitting that they lose in humiliating fashion. That my friends is...

The Last Word

Great job Rider Nation on the closing ceremonies of Mosaic Stadium! Well done.

Just watched the closing ceremonies . Great job Rider nation . Made me proud to be a CFL fan . Thank you .

To bad Jones didn't care about a win in the last game at Mosaic. The fans deserved a better night. They could have played their backups next week. Typical Jones though, zero respect for the fans and tradition.

The game may be iconic locally for Rider fans but any Sask game at this time is hardly a ratings big draw for the TV audience.

I'm sure the 33,000 Rider fans in attendance today left the last game ever held in Mosaic in a pleasant mood! :lol:

Pretty embarrassing to get blown out in your final home game - not even 200 yards total offense, lost TOP by ten minutes, Durant sucked.

Then again, this game and its supposed significance is a microcosm of the Rider season (5 wins :lol: ) and their entire history (4 cups in 106 years :lol: ) so it is rather fitting that they lose in humiliating fashion. That my friends is…

The Last Word

Classy as always I see . :roll:

Ditto that! Great closing ceremonies :thup:

It's funny because I thought I would watch the World Series instead but it could not hold my interest I kept flipping back to the ceremonies . The Leaf / Canadian game couldn't hold my interest either I guess I am hopeless CFL freak .

Yeah, typical jerk comment from the guy with the hilariously pretentious name. Nothing new.

Yep real class. and DD played great, our O line sucked and receivers couldn’t hang onto a ball!!

You’re a very sad individual. The outcome of the game itself was irrelevant for the Riders & was a tryout for many rookie players for next season.

Someone as ignorant & miserable as yourself couldn’t see the whole event for what it was, A great celebration for Canadian football. The fact that you feel the need to come into this positive thread & type this nonsense says more about the type of individual you are. Sad

Not sure why Last Word had to do that . :?

The fact is the Riders did go up against a very good Lion team.
Lions are good on O and D.

Not humiliating at all.

33,000 fans did have a good time , as it should be. :thup:
It was about celebrating a farewell to a historic and iconic building where generations have enjoyed football.

That my friends is MY POSITIVE WORD.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin:

I can assure you that nobody left the game sad and upset. The game itself was hardly a classic but that's not the reason that it was sold out. Everyone had a great time telling Wally to get off the field as is tradition for the last 20 years :lol:

Yeah, not really an iconic game at all. The stadium has been home to an underwhelming team for it’s entire history who have the fewest Grey Cups of any city in the league. If Commonwealth Stadium was closing that would be be considered iconic. The stadium has had far greater events than Mosaic ever did like the Commonwealth Games, the 2001 World Track Championships, notable soccer games and tournaments and the best franchise and best dynasty in CFL history.

The Last Word

lol says the guy who has been banned from more message boards than I can keep track of and that includes his own team’s official forum and goes on pro Trump rants and buys the conspiracies against him. So who is miserable and ignorant?

The Last Word

Last Word needs to clue in.

A stadium is more than just wins.
It is about tradition. The people in the stands during the final game, consider it a second home.
Some may have had their great grand parents tell stories about it.

Perhaps watching CFL Traditions : Saskatchewan would help.
All 9 CFL team episodes are on Youtube.

BTW Last Word, you want to trash the Rider history?

Here is some trivia history for you:

What CFL team holds the record for playing in the most CFL Division Finals in a row?

A: Sask RRiders. 11 in a row ( 66 - 76 ).

That is even better than the great EE dynasty of 10 ( 73 - 82 ).

Please do not come back with " they only won 1 Cup ".
That is not the point.

Just ignore The Last Troll, he adds nothing to the forum. Jealousy doesn't look well on you.