The Edmonton Eskimos are the ultimate Champions...

... of the botched finale !

June 17 -- With 90 seconds to go, they let the Stampeders rally for two TDs and the victory.

July 20 -- With one second to go and the Bombers not even in the same area code as the end zone, they let Stegall run free like Willie the Whale.

July 28 -- With 92 seconds to go, not only do they let Montreal score a TD, but Ray throws the first pass of the comeback drive straight to Alouettes' rookie Etienne Boulay. Alouettes win by one TD.

August 18 -- Trailing by two points, with a 38 yards field goal attempt perfectly centered on the field, the Schmoes can't take care of the details. A bobbled snap give the BC squad one last tackle and the victory.

THANK YOU MACCIOCIA, FOR SUCH FUNNY ENDINGS. It adds much to the show !

...entertaining for the rest of us in the league.....for Esks. fans....not so much....i think there will be a major change at the igloo soon...and the dancing fool...will probably be looking for a new gig'''' 8) :?

why did coach macc. let the clock run down on 2nd down FG attempt????

I assume it would be because if the FG was made on the first attempt, the Lions would still have an opportunity - albeit a small one - to win the game, as there would still be time on the clock.....of course, given the late comebacks against the Esks this season, that wasn't a risk Maciocia wanted to take. lol

I figured kicking the FG on second down with time left would let them have another go at it if it was botched the first time.

Still a stupid decision to run the clock down, in my opinion.

yea, i thought it was dumb too....shoulda left time on the clock and even if they hit the FG with time left, i doubt the eks would be burned AGAIN.

Wow I am suprised at everyone! I thought everyone would be happy the Eskies are the doormats of league right now! But never count them out! BC was lucky very lucky the Eskies blew the last play otherwise it would have been Wally wearing the horns!

Remember BC had two gifts from Ricky Ray!

ya but ya lost! the Esks Lost.. bottom line.

Third, you forgot the Saskatchewan-Edmonton game last year where Machoka was celebrating on the sidelines as Edmonton set-up for the winning field goal only to have Omarr Morgan block it.

Wow, even I am starting too feel sorry for EE fans, how much heartbreak can anyone endure, they should be 6 - 2, fire little Danny Boy already.

[quote="redwhite2005"]Wow I am suprised at everyone! I thought everyone would be happy the Eskies are the doormats of league right now! But never count them out! BC was lucky very lucky the Eskies blew the last play otherwise it would have been Wally wearing the horns!

Remember BC had two gifts from Ricky Ray!

..the bottome line my son....is that the Esks. are up against it.....if they don't take the next 2 games against the stamps...they're gonna get buried.....How do you think those games are gonna go red....Maybe the Esks. will do a 180....or the stamps will feel a little brotherly love allowing them back in the race...what da; ya think..... :lol: :lol: :roll:

Im not counting the Esks out either-- if Edmonton is losing games that way, you can bet the Riders will be the ones to one-up them in that department. In Hamilton’s 1-17 season the only team they beat were the Riders… the only way the Esks get behind the 8-ball is if the Riders win both games with Hamilton.

So whats your point.....all I see is an EE team that is finding ways to lose.....

Esks have sucked a big one this season.

can u imagine the riders and eskimos keep struggling, then the argos and ticats heat up and then all east teams make the playoffs, with hamilton or toronto crossing-over to the west?...

sounds far fetched, but right now, a possibility.

west round 1: hamilton at calgary ( winner vs lions )

east round 1: toronto at winnipeg ( winner vs montreal )

What can you say about a loss like that?

The Esks are the kings at the last second losses. And like jm said, the last second lost to the Bombers is what caused the decision to run down the clock.

BC also made some huge defensive plays that kept the game close. 3 excellent tipped passes on the Dline, one turned into 7 points. A really good pass knockdown in the end zone on Tucker.

When Ray had time in the pocket he made some good plays.

If I was the coach I wouldn't have run down the clock. The fluke last play by the Bombers that game was just that. Fluke. That would not have happened again.

This game was too much of a reminder of the game last year against Sask.

The only thing that will make my weekend now is a Rider loss to Hamilton.

Go Cats!!!

if kerry joseph were 100% and playing, i would bet money on a riders win.

but with crandell at the controls, i dunno.

....you were right drum......Crandell at the controls.....but you forgot one thing..... Butler doing a Buck Pierce.......lol lol.....to come off the bench cold and do what Rocky did ...is a big satatement......either a testament to Sasks. depth at qb. OR.....how really futile the Hamilton Ti-cats are this year......ouch....sorry BigDave... :roll:

LMAO !

We just might find out how good or bad Butler actually is at QB... with Crandell out for 4-6 weeks and Joseph needing time to heal... he just may start on Labour Day... and Bomber fans should remember what happened to them...the Butler may do it again!!! :lol:

Drummer....you've been reading too many of KK's posts! :lol: :lol:

But it is an interesting "Turtle Derby" in the West.

Hamilton is the big mystery in the East. I expected a lot more from them.