The east is up for grabs

The east is up for grabs, AND WE'RE GOING TO TAKE IT!! :twisted: :twisted:

After last nights win, and Montreal on a bit of slide, the east is definately up for grabs. If the TiCats continue to improve, we will be in the hunt for 1st place.

I don't buy all this talk about us only beating Winnipeg. We have been in every game we played this year, and two of the game we lost were the toughest games we will play all year (in Montreal, and in Regina). In the other two losses, we played Winnipeg on the road at the worst time, first game with a new coach, with a team looking for revenge, and we barely lost to Calgary at home, thanks to some bad breaks and bad calls.

The fact is, I'd rather lose early and learn, than lose late. I still think there is room for improvement on this team, but I think we are capable of competing with anyone this year, and can win on any night. The secondary must break up more plays, and not give up the big ones, and the offense needs to find a more solid short yardage game. We almost lost last night because we could not convert on second and short. If we were able to convert, we could have blown this game open.

The Argos have been getting some breaks this year, but are showing that they can win with defence and special teams, and basically a super running back on offence. This reminds me of the Stubler teams of the past. A lot of what this team is doing can be credited to O'Shea and Steinaur. Sooner or later they will run out of trick plays. They may want to keep some for the post season.

The Als are really banged up right now with both ACs out, and Maypray hurt. With their O-Line back to 2008 form and the defense a little weaker they don't look as dominant as they have in the past. If it were not for the dropsies, they would have lost to Winnipeg last week.

Should be a very exciting second half.

PJ

I was not at the game but the sounds were great. Must have been great to be there. The object remains "just win baby," and they did. I agree that this kind of win is huge when you're not finishing things off well offensively.

I like how Deangelis banged on through after hitting the uprights previously. Unlike others I thought this was Shivers best game though I have not thought he has played well all year. Cobb had a good game but not a great game, remember friends as much as I hate to admit it A Bellie would have made a difference for the Argos in the middle. Have to agree with others not Mcdaniel's best game. I also don't understand the play call with Porter. If you're going to run that play there is no reason to bring Porter in Glenn could have and perhaps should have stayed in for that.

I also wondered what some people were watching when they talked the Cats stealing a win or the Argos blowing the game. I thought it was a fairly even game by both offenses but the Cats made the big plays one on special teams and several on defense to win it. That is not stealing a win that is finding a way to win which is much different in my opinion. Good teams find a way to win period and the Cats deserved the win.

A month ago I was at a camp and a friend of mine who is an Argo fan was bragging to my son and I after we lost to Saskatchewan to go 1-4 and the Argos went to 4-1. I mentioned to him that the Argos were way, way overated and the Cats were much better than a 1-4 team.

I told him to be careful of what he was bragging about because by Labour Day things would be much different. I think I'll give him a call when the Labour Day game is over and we are in second place or maybe even better I'll call him after we beat Montreal on the 11th when we are maybe even in first place. Though that would take a big win by B.C. to accomplish but without Cavillo it could happen.

Shivers best game? No wonder so many want to see him replaced. He was terrible outside creating the game winning fumble. Sorry but that doesn't make up for the fact he was beaten down all night. Also the Cats were handed the game on a platter. They didn't play well. Actually I'm not sure what game you were watching. That was a very poorly played game by both sides. Whoever won last night stole it

Adrian McPherson is a game away from returning. He has shown he is capable of leading the Montreal offence. We cant count out Montreal based on Calvillo's injury.

Plus an additional week for preparations. Make that 2 extra weeks. Next up BC (a week off)

Don’t agree at all.

That was not a poorly played game at all.

Both teams’ defences played superlatively. The game balls should go to Marshall and Garber for having their defences so very well prepared.

Now as to Shivers. . . I wonder about this.

Last season he played wide side HB for the blue team, Lin J Shell was short side, as he still is. Now the Cats have him playing short side with Dennis (who had a whale of a game last night, easily his best performance as a Cat in my opinion) playing wide side HB. I wonder if playing a slightly different position has been a problem for Shivers? Maybe they should look at switching Dennis and Shivers. . .

Sorry I see it as offensive incompetence, very poor ball protection and lack of discipline defining the game

Your opinion is that a player is playing extremely well and he should be moved to accommodate a struggling one????? How about we find a guy that can play the position of the struggling player and leave the other guy alone? I can only see that we would end up with 2 sub par players your way

Shivers - pivotal knockdown in the endzone and a caused fumble which led to the winning points, that's a least an overall decent game if not good and believe me I have not been a fan of his all year. The offense capitalizing on the turnover, that's not stealing that's capitalizing, or finding a way to win when it counts and we'll take it considering the game was indeed ugly.

Sorry I disagree with all of it. We stole the game and Shivers stunk

No prb. AKT, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in this case we will both agree the only real beauty in the game was the end result a Ti-Cat win but we’ll take that.

4 and 4 sounds a lot better than 1 and 4. Great job Ticats!

I'm not sure why there has to be a negative connotation to stealing a game. In fact, stealing games is part of what good teams do when they aren't at their absolute best. Using a baseball analogy, I liken it to a star pitcher finding a way to win even when his stuff isn't there. That ability to win in difficult situations is what makes you a contender. Anybody can win when the offense is clicking, Bruce is picking up 200 yards, and the defense is locking it down in pass coverage. That's easy. :wink: What impresses me the most about Hamilton's win last night is the fact that they won an ugly, close, low-scoring game by protecting a lead in the final minute - something they surely would never have been able to do a few years ago, when they would instead find ways to lose those close games.

8) How very right you are. :D

x2 for both of the last 2 posts