The dirty play of Murphy

Yeah I guess the mods dont share my range of humor :smiley: figured that would happen. If you cant laugh about something you cry about it. Ill choose to laugh, sorry if I offended anyone it wasnt the intent :smiley:

The CFL and the CFLPA are equally to blame about this disgraceful football player.
He keeps hurting players, and nothing is done.
Shame on this league. Murphy is a classless act

I don't need to spin your post, Wut, because it is lame from start to finish. Everyone has seen the video. Everyone knows what happened. When did the injury occur? Doesn't really matter does it. If Murphy isn't acting like a thug, Goss simply does not get hurt on that play. Unless of course he was already injured by the tackle, in which case, Murphy is holding down and choking a player who might already have had a serious neck injury. But if it happened when Romero came in, that really is irrelevant. When Todd Bertuzzi attacked Moore, the injury there may have occurred in the ensuing pile. But it was Bertuzzi who was suspended, it was Bertuzzi that bore the responsibility. Because it was his actions, and nobody else's that caused the problem. Just like the Murphy incident. And with Murphy, this is not the 1st time he has behaved this way. At least twice last year. And those are just the ones caught on video. What was he thinking? My opinion is, not much. He saw an opportunity to prove what a tough guy he is, and took it. If the league doesn't suspend him, then that is why the police sometimes get involved. Police our league, or the justice system will do it for us.

And they dont get injured if they dont play football either now do they? lol what a dumb comment. It makes all the difference in the world when he was hurt. There is such a fine line in contact sport that just slight changes in variables could have drastically different results. Murphy holding a guy down by the face mask alone isnt such a terrible thing… a penalty should have been assessed for sure. Beyond that is not clear. Like I said, Ill wait for the league to review all the facts, you know like the ones you dont have but apparently dont feel you need to make a just decision. If they find Murphy guilty of being the reason Goss was injured then punish him accordingly, I support that. Put down the torch and pitchfork Arius its not witch hunting season. I think thats pitiful unless you have some inside info that I dont have. I guess its always in fashion to hate on Murphy even if its premature. Im not condoning anything more here than due process, try it some time it wont make you look like such a hater. I guess innocent until proven guilty is out the window with you people. You dont have 100% of the facts so condemning someone based on that is pure ignorance. And you say my post is lame. All I am suggesting is wait for all the facts first, thats what reasonable people do. Tell me that stand is wrong lol. Good day

Fact: I’ve seen the video.
Fact: I know the context in which the play occurred.
Fact: it was a dirty play, and should be suspended.
Fact: it is not the first time Murphy has behaved in EXACTLY the same manner.
Fact: there are rules in football. And when you break a rule and someone does get hurt, or simply may have been hurt because of it, there are consequences to those actions. when Barrenchea hit Glenn, everyone who saw the play knew it was late, new it was vicious, knew further action needed to be taken. The fact it is football does not give any player carte blanc to go outside the rules and hurt people.
Fact: if you take deliberate action, outside the rules of the game, those actions need to be disciplined.
Fact: The league, after the Barrenchea play, set new standards for exactly this type of behaviour. To not now act by suspending Murphy is an outright admission that there is no suspendable action in the CFL. The actions of Murphy wewre outside the rules of the game, and cannot be allowed to continue. He should have been suspended last year and as a repeat offender he certainly should be suspended this year. Whether he is or not however will not change the FACTS. It was a dirty play, executed with malice and aforethought.
This is not a witch hunt, because it wouldn’t matter who was the player. It was cheap, it was dirty, and in my opinion, it was flagrant.
If O’Day ever did anything like that, there is no doubt in my mind I’d be on here demanding he be suspended.
I would never condone such actions by a member of the Riders.
And the fact that as a Lion fan, you do, is repugnant to me!

And they dont get injured if they dont play football either now do they? lol what a dumb comment.
And that statement by you just proves you do not get it!!

I posted on bc site right after the debacle and look today and its gone
murphy should not be fined he should get a suspension. Not sure why he wasn't thrown outta the game his helmet was off before he reached the sideline and it was evident he was once again the instigater. It seems that every time theres trouble on the field #56 is in on the tussle usually with his hands around the downed players neck.How many reviews of this guy need be shown before action is taken if he wants to cage fight so be it but football is meant to be hard hitting and such but punching kicking or choking please this guy is a menace and has no class
I love when he comes to regina it takes all of about 2 min and hes fighting with fans in the stands they should adjust his meds he gets so mad his eyes cross lol

here is a direct quote from my earlier post

“Dont come in and tell me I condone dirty play or players because I dont. If you think that take a reading comprehension course. I dont condone witch hunts.”

and you come in and tell me i condone dirty play? What is repugnant is your reading comprehension. After i clearly say he should be punished if in fact he caused the injury and that I dont condone dirty play you come in here and tell me I do? Are you serious? I knew I had to add that disclaimer because people who cant understand what they read always jump on people for things they didnt say or for opinions they dont have. Dude, you fail miserably. Also the difference between Bertuzzi and Barrenchea are that it was plain as day obvious what happened. With Murphy it isnt nearly as clear as it was in a pile. Im not even giving him the benefit of the doubt, I am simply waiting on all the facts. You can make your cute little list all you want but like i said many times, and for your no reading comprehension having self I will say yet again sigh you do not have 100% of the facts, like the biggest one, what exactly caused the injury. So keep up the witch hunt there witch hunt guy, you are doing a good job. I’ll take Jump to Conclusions for 200 Alex. Best part is if they find Murphy guilty and do suspend him people like you will come here and say “i told you so” etc which totally misses the point yet again, but like a good poodle you guys always do the predictable thing.

in points for Arius and his ilk.

1. I do not condone dirty play
  2. If Murphy is guilty, punish him accordingly
  3. Witch hunts are for losers, get all the facts before you condemn someone
  4. Just because you see a video on TV dont forget that there could very well be things going on that you cant see.

The reason I dont comment on things like this until everything is out is so that I dont look like a knob. I like how you are so in a tizzy that you are accusing me of condoning dirty play or even supporting Murphy in this lol @ that crap. But keep up the good work misreading what I post and completely missing my point.

His hat may have come off in the scrum, not sure tho.

1. I do not condone dirty play 2. If Murphy is guilty, punish him accordingly 3. Witch hunts are for losers, get all the facts before you condemn someone 4. Just because you see a video on TV dont forget that there could very well be things going on that you cant see.
1. You are in fact condoning dirty play. Did you see it? Do you believe it was dirty? Don't wait for the league. Tell us what YOU think of the play. If you think that play is acceptable, that is condoning it. 2. He is guilty. I didn't see anyone else laying on top of Goss. Next question. 3. It is not a witch hunt. By your use of the term you are implying that only if Murphy behaved like this would I or anyone else react as virtually every other person who has seen this play has done. I suppose when Barrenchea hit Glenn it was a witch hunt, right.? Because I didn't wait for "the facts" as you say. And what happened on this play is just as obvious as the Barrenchea play. 4. Yeah? Give us an example. Did Goss pull a knife? Tell Murphy his mother wears army boots? what exactly do you believe justifies that action? I say nothing Goss could have done justified that action, If it were conceivable that after being tackled from behind he had a chance to do anything to Murphy.

You seem to be under the impression that this is about the injury. When in reality, it is about behaviour which is outside the rules and which may cause injury. Kevin Glenn appears to be fine after the Barrenchea hit. Does that make the play okay in your books? When what’s his name was susopended for kicking and puching Scott Schultz, nobody was injured. Should he have been suspended? Should AJ Gass have been suspended? The snippet I quoted in the previous post, were it true and applicable, would mean no action whatsoever, if it occurs between football players during a game could ever be suspendable, because “if they didn’t play football, they wouldn’t get hurt”. Helmet to helmet–okay, because if they didn’t play football…
Late hit–okay because if they di…
Horse collar tackle–okay because if they…
Lots of plays become okay in your book because…

As for reading comprehension, you ought to read what you say, and then either mean it, or don’t post it. “I condone the dirty play of Murphy” Disclaimer: “I don’t condone dirty play”, means what exactly? right. I almost forgot. reading comprehension 101. “I don’t condone dirty play unless it is from a BC Lion player”.

1. stop the absolute BS saying I condone anything. I condone due process period. drop the crap or quote me saying I condone anything. Do it or shut it, you tire me already with your fabricated crap and misinterpretations.

2. He is guilty of holding Goss down by the face mask for sure, the rest (including the exact cause of injury) is unknown at this point. You just assume the worst and I find that sad.

3. Its a witch hunt. Nice pitch fork. Barrenchea hit Glenn helmet to helmet in clear sight. Glenn was looking to pass and he was hit. there is no more. There is no comparison as it was a simple clear cut play. With Murphy there was more going on there.

4. If you already conveniently forgot my older post I mentioned that there MAY have been things going on in that pile that we dont know about. What if Goss was trying to gouge Murphy’s eyes? Im not saying that happened but it is a possibility is it not? But then again you know all based on some tv footage lol. Last I checked eyes were kinda importanat you know. That is one example of something that could have gone on that we couldnt tell (now ill wait for you to claim that I said Goss gouged Murphys eyes as that is par for the course for you). Maybe Murphy was busy doing worse to Goss than what we saw in the pile…that is also a possibility. In conclusion, you dont know all the facts yet you talk as though you do and thats sad. Get your torch and chase Murphy to the windmill and burn it down!!

Its not just about the injury, its about getting all the facts straight. You dont suspend a guy for holding someone down by a face mask, that is all we are privy to, saying you know more than that is BS. Can you say that Murphy intentionally yanked Goss over by the face mask when he was pushed off? You cant, he may have tired to let go at that point and maybe his fat fingers were stuck or something…more that we dont know…well no one but you as you seem to be the all knowing one.

Again, I didnt say anywhere that I condone dirty play, i condone getting all the facts then deal with it accordingly. Im sick of your hater crap trying to make it look like I condone any dirty play. Happens all the time on these forums where someone says something then the next clown comes in and says he said something else. You should be embarrassed. Not only are you going on a witch hunt after Murphy prematurely you are chasing me with a pitch fork also lol. Dude, last time, I dont condone anything but due process and you act like there is something wrong with that or equate that to me condoning dirty play. Reading comprehension called, it says it misses you!

2 questions for you to ask your parents to help you with as you are having trouble yourself.

1. What is wrong with reserving judgment until someone feels they have all the facts available?
  2. Enlighten us all, what exactly happened in the pile? What did Murphy say? What did Goss say? Did Murphy intentionally jar his neck? Did Goss poke an eye or tell Murphy a mom joke? Did they secretly have a man crush on each other and they fabricated that confrontation so they could spend a moment of closeness? Enlighten us guy who has all the facts.

Once again, nowhere do I say that you literally say, "I condone dirty play". So get over that defence. But the fact that if the league doesn't suspend Murphy, it is your position that the play was okay, does say: "I condone dirty play". The play was dirty. The league, believe it or not, rarely suspends people for a dirty play. Just in this case, it should. Particularly, and try to follow along here, because that is, at minimum, the 3rd time in two years that this particular player has exhibited the exact same behaviour. By not suspending this player previously, the league appeared to condone that action. Yet I am pretty sure nowhere can you find a quote from a league official saying, "the CFL condones dirty play". Yet in fact, just like certain posters on this forum, they have in fact condoned said dirty play. If the league now decides to act, and suspend said player for said action, they will in fact make it clear that they no longer condone that action. Just like if you now very clearly state that you do not accept the action of said player as a legitimate football play, then it is possible for you also to prove you do not condone that action. Until you state that you do not condone that specific play, then clearly, you do in fact condone it. That is how the language works. You can deny your meaning, and your intent til the cows come home. But the fact is, you are condoning Murphy's action. Period!

The entire play is on video, there is no "pile" only Murphy sitting on top of Goss. Rather than believe the video evidence, you are trying to justify what Murphy did by speculating that Goss pulled a knife or something--"maybe he tried to gouge his eyes". what a load of horse dung.....

By pile I mean when Murphy was knocked over…that was a bit of a pile. Before that Goss wasnt thrashing about like someone who is in pain so that tells me the injury did happen in the “pile”.

You claim to not say I condone dirty play yet you say “I don’t condone dirty play unless it is from a BC Lion player” about me and just here “But the fact is, you are condoning Murphy’s action. Period!” You claim Murphys action were dirty, then you claim i condone murphys actions that mean i condone those dirty actions. There you are contradicting again lol. seriously dude, get a grip. Im not condoning anything Murphy did. Simple, end of story. I am not 100% sure that Murphy did anything dirty…aggressive yes, unnecessary yes, penalty worthy yes, dirty requiring a suspension, quite possibly but I dont know. Simply holding someone down as in the early part of the encounter with Goss and last year with Chick is not even close to dirty or suspension worthy. What Murphy may have done that wasnt apparent may very well be suspension worthy…or possibly not, i dunno. Im not delusional and believe i know everything like you seem to. Last year vs Chick it was not dirty and wasnt going to lead to an injury. What Rasouli did with his kicking or kneeing or whatever was dirty and deserved the suspension. The league does indeed suspend for dirty play as they did with Rasouli. You see the league has access to both sides of the story and all the footage and angles available with which to make their decisions. Sure they sometimes get them wrong as they are ultimately human but at least they arent a bunch of witch hunters like so many are. You seem like you would only be satisfied if the league went on more witch hunts. Just look at the example where so many witch hunters wanted a penalty vs Marsh for a face mask. Turns out when all the evidence is considered there was no face mask but dont tell that to the other witch hunters that were so sure of the facts as you are know. You may very well ultimately be right about Murphy and this incident but it is not because you know anything. Even a coin toss gets it right sometimes lol. The point im making isnt if he is dirty or not, its if he is found dirty with all available evidence and not just a pack of witch hunters opinions. But yeah, keep going on about what I do and dont condone as you seem to know my feelings on that better than I do apparently. If you cant see that Im defending due process and not defending anyones action then thats your problem and you fail.

So you are saying it is completely 100% impossible for there to be anything that went on that you are unaware about? I was giving an example of something that could possibly have happened, not insinuating that it may have lol. Comprehension skills ftw. So you can confidently say that nothing could have set Murphy off? So you say absolutely nothing could have happened in that scrum besides what we saw on video? If you think there is 0% chance that something could have happened beside the obvious you are naive. sorry but its true lol. Enjoy the hunt, maybe youll bag one this time. Doesnt matter how many witches you catch, the way you go about it is disgraceful.

Fact: The word “fact” appears many times in this thread.

Sitting here accusing people of no reading comprehension–which of course is a typical personal attack by you–and yet you clearly do not comprehend what others say.
First, there was no “scrum”, there was no “pile”. It was two people. Murphy tackles Goss, then sits on him and holds him down. That does not constitute a scrum or a pile and with only two people, it is fairly evident on the video what was happening.
Next, I don’t give a rat’s behind if Goss did something. It does not justify what Murphy did. The fact you try to excuse Murphy because he was provoked, yet when Rider fans are provoked by Lion players, it is all rumour, gossip, and justification. Maybe Goss did something, maybe he didn’t. The latter is far more likely. But it doesn’t matter. Murphy acted like a thug, he has done it before and unless he is disciplined, he’ll do it again…and again…and again…
And for the record, Shabazz and Romero should likely receive fines. But Murphy needs to be suspended.

No matter what happened. Murphy has no right to grasp Goss's face mask, yes he was pushed while hanging on to it and that put Goss in a situation where he could have been seriously hurt. That is the reason why facemask should never be grabbed under any circumstances.

You'd be surprised what goes on at the bottom of those scrums in football. Not saying that it's right, just that the Eskimos were the aggressors against the Bombers and got away with a lot. The last team or player you want to try to pull anything with is the Lions and Murphy, because you can expect to get it back 10 fold.

Not going to get into a debate about how many make a pile lol. there was at least 3 at before/during Goss getting hurt as it takes a third to pile into Murphy to knock him off. If you dont agree that calling that a pile or scrum is right then fine, it doesnt really have much bearing as far as my point goes. But if it makes you feel better complaining about that, then by all means, fill yer boots.

I did not say anywhere that Murphy was provoked! How many times do I have to listen to you fail to understand what i posted? I said the possibility exists that something was done to Murphy just to illustrate the main point, we may not have 100% of the facts so I choose to wait until then. How is that hard to understand? If Murphy’s actions were over the line and could have resulted in serious injury then I whole heartedly support a suspension (on ho, i just shot down your homer insinuation again).

“yet when Rider fans are provoked by Lion players, it is all rumour, gossip, and justification” Its another case of wait and see as we didnt have all the info with that either. There were stories from Lions haters about cans being thrown back etc and I was waiting there also from the league to see what may have happened. As it stands it looks like there were a bunch of lying Rider fans as you know the Lions would have been punished severely had they been throwing beer cans back. This case is different so try and stay on topic, we knew beer cans were thrown and thats terrible. You keep bringing in examples that have no bearing, even use Bertuzzi of all people…stay on the topic at hand. IMO grasping at dissimilar examples shows a bit of desperation and lack of understanding of my point.

I’ll bet Goss didnt do anything really either. That wasnt my point. Here is what I think went down. While Murphy was on top of Goss and had his face mask to the side he was knocked over and still had his mask which yanked the neck of Goss and caused the injury. Now did Murphy intentionally hang on to the face mask to jerk Goss over or was that an unintentional by product of having his hand in the face mask and being knocked over? I dont know and neither do you. The initial act of holding him down by his face mask is definitely penalty worthy but not what I would call dirty or dangerous. If he helped the process of hurting Goss by intentionally jerking him over with him then he deserves to be punished. The difference between you and I is that I know that I dont know that answer where you, the all knowing one, seems to think he knows that answer and thats a witch hunt.

I agree, he shouldnt have had the face mask but since when has grabbing a face mask been more than a penalty? Grabbing someones face mask while in motion is worse than grabbing it while sitting on a guy and thats a big fat penalty, not suspension i believe. It needs to be determined if Murphy was guilty of more than just grabbing a face mask while holding Goss down. I’ll wait for the leagues ruling before I decide and/or more evidence that paints the whole picture, not just the picture I was to see :smiley: