The Devils Advocate

After a week of some "interesting" media action both print and radio I have a couple of observations:

It is my contention that there is a trend to let run the loose cannon media and paint a picture of an "Apocalypse Now" management style with the Renegades. Obviously anything thrown to the media hounds is lept upon and print with a nice twist for the negative anf then run with by the local fan base.

I strongly believe this is an attempt to influence opponents that the team is a joke and not worth noting, scouting or taking seriously when the season rolls around.

1 There has been no mention of the fact that Jenkins is rolling up some serious frequent flyer miles putting on try out camps in the US and locating talent.

If you are a Gades fan and don't know how to check the team web site maybe you are as clueless as the Team 1200 guys in wondering what the team is doing currently.

( Again no mention that John Jenkins in his last efforts produced CFL Rookie of the year Nikolas Lewis at Calgary in 2004, ) These current camps are directly in line with those near recent results....Unless you have privy information you have no idea, nor do Toronto, Montreal, or Hamilton what cards Jinx is holding...

Let's check in with the coaching staff hirings:

Offense 30 years experience and counting, not throw in the Runnings back coach and Offiensive Line Coach, recievers coach and lets see what the tally is?

( For TEAM 1200 listeners we'll do the math for you)

Defense 41 years experience and counting, now add the defensive line coach and the secondary coach...

(For TEAM 1200 listeners and glen Kulka, we'll do the math for you)

2 Forrest's radio interview via the PHONE was broken up...geez if his reception is anything like mine it's amazing anything came through over the air. AND Can you really tell me Forrest doesn't know who KJ is? COM"ON....another reason I suspect "the sting" key the piano music please and ask your self How clever would it be to be seen as a slow southern guy with no clue ( for all you Team 1200 listeners that would be Wolf in sheeps clothing ) While I would think the area fans are a bit more sophifisticated maybe your in the same IQ range as Glenn Kulka and this ploy plays out perfectly...

3 The personnel losses to Hamilton: Our line sucked last year and KJ was running for his life the last ten games...Hmmm, what was our 4 year record...23-49. Well again my devil advocates theory maybe we just sucked the Ti-Cats into taking our "coaching braintrust" cigars and all and three of our ALL Star O-Line over achievers where they can experience how great these guys are ....And Ranek you ask? Wow, if Jenkins can't replace a 5-8 guy from North Dakota State then there ARE PROBLEMS.

Obviously it's a house cleaning and better things are coming down the pipeline....

Where you Team 1200 clowns again ask? How about the Draft hmmm? and the USA talent search.

Check with me again in June to ask How clever am I?

Additonal Notes: To the pin head who was wondering what Forrest's coaching record was...

SUPERBOWL NFL Coached the cincinnati Bengals nearly to the limit some guy named Montana had a great 4th quarter to pull a come from behind win off

Superbowl numbers 1 and 2 played in them and won....

Oh wait scratch that last post....thinking quickly ...

There's nothing good happening here just a lot of direction less meandrings with some texas dudes who haven't ever done anything or won anywhere and who will surely be 0-18 this year

"Wolf" Outlawz

Here here!

excellent post Outlawz

I'd like to bookmark this post for the end of this coming season, just so I know who to speak with when the team is below .500 again.

Isn't this the job of Ottawa's PR Man? Oh wait, they don't have one do they? Well, let's see here, Forrest Gregg was the last official from the OR to speak to the media. He would have mentioned it, right? Nope.

If you are a Gades fan and don't know how to check the team web site maybe you are as clueless as the Team 1200 guys in wondering what the team is doing currently.

( Again no mention that John Jenkins in his last efforts produced CFL Rookie of the year Nikolas Lewis at Calgary in 2004, ) These current camps are directly in line with those near recent results....Unless you have privy information you have no idea, nor do Toronto, Montreal, or Hamilton what cards Jinx is holding...

Let's check in with the coaching staff hirings:

Offense 30 years experience and counting, not throw in the Runnings back coach and Offiensive Line Coach, recievers coach and lets see what the tally is?

Isn't that Running back coach a high school coach last year?
( For TEAM 1200 listeners we'll do the math for you)

Defense 41 years experience and counting, now add the defensive line coach and the secondary coach...

(For TEAM 1200 listeners and glen Kulka, we'll do the math for you)

2 Forrest's radio interview via the PHONE was broken up...geez if his reception is anything like mine it's amazing anything came through over the air. AND Can you really tell me Forrest doesn't know who KJ is? COM"ON....another reason I suspect "the sting" key the piano music please and ask your self How clever would it be to be seen as a slow southern guy with no clue ( for all you Team 1200 listeners that would be Wolf in sheeps clothing ) While I would think the area fans are a bit more sophifisticated maybe your in the same IQ range as Glenn Kulka and this ploy plays out perfectly...

No, the phone wasn't broken up, maybe use some Q tips before you go listening to something, or maybe its that doobie in your mouth that is clouding your hearing. Your post clearly doesn't match what everybody and their mother heard.
3 The personnel losses to Hamilton: Our line sucked last year and KJ was running for his life the last ten games...Hmmm, what was our 4 year record...23-49. Well again my devil advocates theory maybe we just sucked the Ti-Cats into taking our "coaching braintrust" cigars and all and three of our ALL Star O-Line over achievers where they can experience how great these guys are ....And Ranek you ask? Wow, if Jenkins can't replace a 5-8 guy from North Dakota State then there ARE PROBLEMS.

Obviously it's a house cleaning and better things are coming down the pipeline....

Your conspiracy theories suggest heavy drug usage, go see a councillor. Then come back and post here. Ranek was a bright spot on the team, I guess you think otherwise, thankfully, you're in the minority here.
Where you Team 1200 clowns again ask? How about the Draft hmmm? and the USA talent search.

Check with me again in June to ask How clever am I?

Can I just answer this now instead of waiting a few more months? :roll:
Additonal Notes: To the pin head who was wondering what Forrest's coaching record was...

SUPERBOWL NFL Coached the cincinnati Bengals nearly to the limit some guy named Montana had a great 4th quarter to pull a come from behind win off

Superbowl numbers 1 and 2 played in them and won....

Oh wait scratch that last post....thinking quickly ...

There's nothing good happening here just a lot of direction less meandrings with some texas dudes who haven't ever done anything or won anywhere and who will surely be 0-18 this year

"Wolf" Outlawz

I guess all this blah blah blah will be put to rest once the season begins. Our O-Line sucked the BIG ONE. I'm not sorry to see any of them go...

So, you get rid of the best offensive lineman and keep the rest and that somehow is improving the team?

You're high all right.

first off, they didn't get rid of him, he chose not to resign here.

Bottom line guys is the team was crap, we have to make changes, an american running back, dime a dozen and cost us less than the midget wanted. Watch how he starts to fumble in Hamilton, like he did here in year one. Totally not worried.

Well, Moscow, you're in the minority here as you should listen to the call-in shows and Mark Kosmos interview yesterday. As well, Ranek did very well last season. If you think that someone else can do better, let's here who Ottawa has signed to do the job.

Let's get back to reality here, they made 1 offer and withdrew it without even trying to negotiate. They got rid of Ranek. Hudson asked for a shorter contract, 3 years. Not that big of a deal if you ask me, but again, Lonie doesn't know what he is doing so, they let him go.

reality is, they offered to make him the highest paid lineman in the league and he didn't want it. I doubt that the length of the contract had anything to do with it.

Let Ranek walk, american RB's are a dime a dozen, sure he was a fan favourite, but they also have a couple of other good RB's in Coleman and Hathaway to replace him.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Hudson said that he wanted 3 years and they wouldn't give it to him. Its been in the Citizen as well. Please don't speculate when the facts prove you wrong, again.

Ranek was Ottawa's best RB and ran for over 1000 yards. If they get someone to match or beat that this year, I'll apologize, but for now, you have to prove your point, not me.

What point did you make about Ranek? Sure he ran for over 1000 yards last year and i'm not denying that he was great while he was here, but he's not anymore, so no need to dwell on that.

As for Hudson, regardless of the length of contract, he wasn't coming back.

Gregg and Forrest get Edmonton's Annunziata to beef up line and announce ten new players, obviously things are happening. GOOD Things...

Bottom Line when we win on the Field all this bullshit goes away.

No need to dwell on losing him but getting nothing in return? My point is that losing him is no big deal according to you, that is just wrong. We lost him but didn't get anything back.

You're wrong about Hudson, obviously you don't listen to interviews with Hudson or you would know what's what. He was going to stay if it was a 3 year contract. Get it now???

Regardless of how long Hudsons contract was, he was leaving, his conversations with Lonie during the contract negotiations sealed his departure. It wasn't all about the money or the length of the contract, it was about walking off the field after every game and going home pissed that they lost again. I don't believe that Lonie had any positive news about what direction the team was going for this season The new players that the Gades will sign will be cast offs and for the most part probably too short to play. This team is in need of some taller corners that can run with the big receivers on the other teams, they need some tall receivers as well. Players like Armstead are exciting to watch when they get open. If you look back on the season Joseph still had a problem finding the open guys, the run and shoot offence that they will use this year requires a QB that can find them, Joseph is going to struggle with this offence, he's a great guy and a natural athlete, but he ran last year partly because of the O-line but mostly because he couldn't see the big picture on the field. Receivers were open, but he couldn't find them. This in part was also due to the play calling.

Unless KJ has a better O-line to give him more time to survey the field, we can expect more sacks and INT's. KJ is good when he has time, but when he was pressured last year, he ran and that usually resulted in 1)a short or long pass 2)sack 3)INT 4)occasionally a 1st down or 5-6 yds.

I'm sure that JJ must realize that a run and shoot system needs an above average O-line. Right now, we're not even average....

I agree that a QB does need a good O-line, at least two tackles. When Joseph did have the time he still struggled, he had trouble finding the secondary receiver. The play calling was questionable almost every game, Tommy Condell had his favourite receivers and that's where the ball was going. Armstead or Murphy were always the primary targets, Woodcock was hardly ever used, Azzi the same. Condell liked his American receivers. I hope with the run and shoot, which is a questionable offence to start with, works for Joseph, he will need the time to find the open man, and hopefully they dump that quick pass to the wideout, that one cost the Gades games, and was easy for the corners to see coming. It will be an interesting training camp.

Gades, I can tell you are an Ottawa football fan good for you. This is the way it should be. Ranek was an awesome runner for Ottawa and do not get me wrong it is not that I didnt want him back. I just feel for the money they offered we could get an equal back for cheaper and use the money to get players in other positions. american running backs, lineman and linebackers are a dime a dozen. I am not worried, now tell me I have renewed my seats have any of you?