The "Declare Your Diehard Status" Thread

(No bandwagon jumpers allowed!)

Okay, here's the deal: all of us are worked up about the last couple of games, and with good reason. However, that's no reason at all to run for the exits like Argo fans trying to beat the traffic by leaving midway through the third quarter (I kid because I love!). So, regardless of how happy/upset/curious/bitter or whatever else you are, now is the time to Declare Your Diehard Status!

What, you may be asking, does this entitle me to? Well, I'm glad you asked (and by you, I mean me, because you haven't seen this post yet... well you have NOW, but you understand what I mean).

Declaring Your Diehard Status entitles you to the following priviledges:

*The right to begin any comment or criticism with, "Now I'm a Diehard TigerCats Fan, but..."

*The right to intelligently disagree with other fans, including other Diehard Fans.

*The right to wistfully recall the glory days of Mosca/McManus/Winfield whenever you feel it is appropriate to do so.

*The right to vent without reproach for 36 hours following a game. That includes wins - how many of us have ill-advisedly declared "We're gonna win the Cup!!!!" after a particularly stirring victory in the midst of an otherwise dismal season? I sure have...

*The right to amend, edit or retract any of your statements (especially predictions) without prejudice.

Declaring Your Diehard Status also carries the following responsibilities:

*A responsibility to critically engage with the team - if you have a problem with the service, the play selection, the drafting, whatever it is, you MUST speak your mind about it and/or act upon it.

*A responsibility to deliver your criticisms intelligently, using facts as support, and without name calling (Argo fans excepted from this one).

*A responsibility to type in such a way that your posts are easy to read. No ALL CAPS, rand;om ^symbol&s, lackofspacesandperiods, or posts consisting only of smilies. Seriously, half the forums on the internet ban people for that sort of thing.

*A responsibility to treat other fans, especially Diehard Declared fans with the benefit of the doubt. We'll call this "The Marriage Rule", because it's what makes my marriage work. If I say something that can be taken as stupid/hurtful/ignorant, or can be taken a different way, my wife assumes that I mean the "different way". Same goes for us, here and in real life.

*A responsibility to be the classiest, most passionate fans in the league, and to do our part to make sure the TigerCats are perpetual champions.

Okay, so if you've made it this far, I assume you're still with me and don't think this is completely nuts. In order to Declare Your Diehard Status, you must do the following:

1 - Write, "I (first name), alias (member name), do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things."

2 - State the craziest/hardest thing you have ever done in the name of the team as proof of your commitment.

3 - Declare one thing you are happy about with the team at present.

4 - Declare one thing you are unhappy about with the team at present.

5 - Swear excellence as a TigerCat fan, and demand excellence from the team in return.

6 - Give an Oskee Wee Wee (largely because it makes the fans of every other team in the league think we're insane... which we kind of are).

It's that simple. So, to start us off, here's mine:

I, Adam, alias AJB1, do declare that that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. I sat through the ice storm in 1992 to watch the Cats, against all odds, beat Ottawa by one point and nearly got frostbite because of it. At present, I am happy with the character of our players - they all seem like good people. At present, I am unhappy with the state of our coaching and things have to change. I swear that I shall remain a Diehard Cats fan, and demand that team be relentless in the pursuit of the Grey Cup. Oskee wee wee, oskee wa wa, holy mackinaw, Tigers, eat 'em raw!

The best part of this thread is this: Everytime I start a thread like this, people take it way out of context, or over-seriously, especially people who don't read all the way to the end of the first post. So, while I mean all this in good fun, I also can't wait to see the incredibly negative responses I get, both in this thread and in PMs. I assure you, it doesn't bother me; it's just kind of fun to watch it happen. :roll:

Anyway, your turn!

Great thread, as upset as I am with the current state of this team, i agree with your thread completely.

I Paul, "Crash", do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. I have not missed a home game since 1993, sacraficing work, friends and family events to watch the team I am committed to. I will never give up on this team, or "Boycott" when the times get tougher. I am optomistic with some of the players we have on this roster, I am happy with the job GM Katz and our scouting have done lately. I am dis-satisfied with the current coaching staff and the decisions they continue to make, affecting our chance to win on a weekly basis. I put 100% effort into cheering my team on, supporting them through the difficult times and successful ones. I demand that the players and coaches give us that same effort when they step on that field. Oskee Wee Wee, Oskee Wa Wa, Holy Mackinaw, Tigers... EAT EM RAW!

I RonFromTIGERtown, do declare that that the Ticats are the chosen team

and I shall support them unto the end of all things.

In the 50's when my parents forced me to go on Sunday drives I listened to games
on the car radio until the last whistle, even if the Cats were 2 touchdowns down
and so many times they shocked my parents, but not me, by coming back to win.

I am still totally committed to this team and it's players today

and I will never boo this team or the efforts of it's players .

I am very happy with the talent level of the players brought in this year.

I am unhappy with players who have taken costly, selfish penalties.

I swear that I shall remain a Diehard Cats fan,

and I demand that the Ticats, from the owner on down,
are relentless in their pursuit of the Grey Cup.

Oskee wee wee, Oskee wa wa,

Holy mackinaw, Tigers, Eat 'em Raw!

I'm a new fan (since last season) but I really enjoy going to the game. It's FUN to watch despite the score. (Although I will admit I left with 4 mins left in the game on Saturday 'coz it was getting difficult to watch) :cry:

I Shirley, "newrabidcatfan", do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. I have not missed a home game since begining of last season when I became a fan. I will never give up on this team, or "Boycott" when the times get tougher. I continue to have faith that these guys can pull it together and have an AWESOME season. I am dissatisfied with the number of STUPID penalties our guys keep getting AND the refereeing we get. I put 100% effort into cheering my team on, supporting them through the difficult times and successful ones. I demand that the players and coaches give us that same effort when they step on that field. Oskee Wee Wee, Oskee Wa Wa, Holy Mackinaw, Tigers... EAT EM RAW! 8)

I declare, first and foremost that:

1. I'm a diehard fan of the CFL first and foremost and regardless of the city I live in or near, I will always try and go to every game I can and cheer for that team. The Cats are my team now as I live and work in Hamilton. Go Cats Go!

2. I will remain a fan and season ticket holder as long as I can pay for the seats and I see that the ownership of the team is committed to getting an excellent product on the field and this is certainly the case now. If this means the team goes 0-18 or 18-0, whatever the case, I love going to CFL games and Ivor Wynne is a great place to take in a CFL game. Go Cats Go!

I, Tina, aka borehamgirl, do declare that that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. The hardest thing I've done as a Ticat fan is remain a member on ticats.ca lol. Seriously though, I've sat through games in horrible weather loads of times and NEVER leave the game early no matter what the score. The worst was in Ottawa last year when I sat out in the cold and rain in sandals to watch us lose to Ottawa. I am happy with the moves made by the team I'm also happy with the rapport the players have with each other, no show-boating or in-fighting has taken place yet. I am unhappy with the horrible penalties and the fact that we're not winning of course. I swear that I shall remain a Diehard Cats fan, and demand that team be relentless in the pursuit of the Grey Cup. Oskee wee wee, oskee wa wa, holy mackinaw, Tigers, eat 'em raw!

As a diehard I reserve the right NOT to badmouth or bash any player on this team so don't look for it.

I Donna, aka Sudburytc1, do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and shall and will support them unto the end of all things.
I do drive 5 1/2 hours one way,(11hrs total)no matter what to see this team play every home game and God willing, every playoff game.
I am impressed by the the team aquiring good quality players.
I am less than impressed and very disappointed in the lack of discipline shown by some players causing dreadful costly penalties.
I double swear that I will be a loyal die hard fan till the end of days and expect this team to give its all each and every game in return.
Oskee wee wee, oskee wa wa, holy mackinaw, tigers eat 'em raw.

I, Glen (aka Ockham) do solemnly swear that the Tiger Cats are my chosen team and shall support them unto the end of all things.

I have brought my ex-wife to games when the person I had intended on bringing cancelled at the last minute.

I am happy with the acquistitions the team made this year and the outstanding game experience at IVS.

Bad penalties and half time adjustments are my concerns.

I swear that I shall remain a Diehard Cats fan and demand that the team be relentless in the pursuit of the Grey Cup.

Oskiee Wee Wee, Oskie Waa Waa, Holy Mackinaw, Tigers, Eat 'em Raw!

I, Drew, aka Barrenchea, do solemnly sewar that the Tiger Cats of Hamilton ONtario are my chosen team and shall support them unto the end of all things. I have stayed after the game two hours just to get D-Mac's autograph. Im satisfied with the healthy return of our FB Julian Radlien. I am unhappy with the with our special teams, especially the kicking game. I swear that i shall remain a Diehard cats fan and demand that the team relentlessly and viciously pursue the grey Cup. Oskiee Wee Wee, Oskie Wa Waa. Holy Mackinaw, Tigers, Eat'em Raw!!!!

I, Aaron, AKA sigpig, do declare my undying allegiance to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats until proton decay ends the universe. Aside from smoking my arguila (water pipe or hookah) in front of Hamilton's finest at tailgate parties on Labour Day, probably the craziest thing I have done is relentlessly follow the team in 2004 while posted overseas in Syria on a United nations peacekeeping mission.

I am quite happy with the offence and special teams moves made during the off-season, but I am worried that we have fallen flat on our collective face regarding our secondary. I reserve the right (especially as a season-ticket holder) to expect PROFESSIONALISM from our players, coaches, and front office. I reserve the right to be highly critical of players when their effort is sub-par, and praise them when they are outstanding.

OSKEE WEE-WEE!!!
OSKEE WA-WA!!!
HOLEY MACKINAW!!!
TIGERS - EAT 'EM RAW!!!

I John, aka cattmann77, do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. I have not missed a home game since 2001 and I will never give up on this team, or boycott when times are tough. I am optomistic with some of the players we have on this roster, but I am dis-satisfied with the current coaching staff and the decisions they continue to make and their suspect gameplans which affect our chances to win. I put 110% effort into cheering my team on, supporting them through the difficult times and successful ones and I demand that the players and coaches give us that same effort when they step on that field. Oskee Wee Wee, Oskee Wa Wa, Holy Mackinaw, Tigers... EAT EM RAW!

I, greg, ditto!!!!

I declare that that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things.

I have been to every home game in 4 years and have a signed ticats football. Signed by the whole team in the 1-17 season

I, Jason, alias Pseudo, do declare that that the Tiger-Cats are my chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. I nearly froze to death at the 1998 Eastern Final because I refused to go get anything to warm up with, for fear of missing anything. I will continue to support the team by attending the games, regardless of how lousy they may or may not become, I will continue to support Bob Young in appreciation for saving our team, and I will continue to demand excellence in our coaching staff, and players. Oskee wee wee, oskee wa wa, holy mackinaw, Tigers, eat 'em raw!

Forgot to mention that i am going all the way to Calgary this thursday to see my team play

"I Richard, alias Catattck1 (AKA: Ex: Box I Guy), do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things."
I've sat through many a year where deep down I knew, regretibly, that it wasn't going to be "our" year. However, I trod on seeking the light shining off the sides Mr. Grey in his beloved polishidness, settling for nothing but "the win". Walking away from the field justified in what it took "our boys" to win and appreciate it even more.
There have been tears in my eyes as I walk to and from the stadium knowing what great things that I will be & have been, a part of.
I AM happy at our current team "state of the nation" with it's signings before the 2006 season.
However, I am disappoined and unsettled at the lack of disipline of the "team" and more importantly the lack of fire in the eyes of the coaching staff.
I swear excellence as a Tigercat fan and demand excellence from the team and ownership in return.
I also swear that I appreciate every team in this league for its Good and bad and forever promise to NEVER go over to the Dark side of the Old ship Argonaut.

OSKIEE WEE WEE, OSKIE WAA WAA, HOLY MAK-IN-A TIGERS, EAT 'EM RAW! :rockin:

God Bless the Black & Gold, may we never surrender.

:cowboy:

I, Matt, alias Catsfansince67, do declare the Tiger-Cats are my team and I shall support them until the end of all things.
Although I grew up in Hamilton, my children have lived in Toronto their entire lives, and yet they love the Cats with all their hearts, hate the Argos with the same passion, and join me on three-hour long battles through rush hour traffic to get to Ivor Wynne for almost every game. There are nights when I wonder whether I have passed on a gift or a curse, and then I see how excited they get on game day, and I know the answer. I am happy that the team not only exists, but is playing in front of large crowds who care enough to freak out on this website, but I worry that our brutal third quarters indicate a lack of half-time coaching savvy. I swear that I will continue to pay the dough, and make the necessary effort, to join my fellow fans in Section 7, because it is where I feel like a kid again, come game days. I will continue to expect our organization to match our passion and effort, by doing all it takes to build a winner, on and off the field, so my kids can one day take their kids, too. OSKI WEE WEE. OSKI WA WA. TIGERS...EAT EM RAW!

I, Matt, alias Catsfansince67, do declare the Tiger-Cats are my team and I shall support them until the end of all things.
Although I grew up in Hamilton, my children have lived in Toronto their entire lives, and yet they love the Cats with all their hearts, hate the Argos with the same passion, and join me on three-hour long battles through rush hour traffic to get to Ivor Wynne for almost every game. There are nights when I wonder whether I have passed on a gift or a curse, and then I see how excited they get on game day, and I know the answer. I am happy that the team not only exists, but is playing in front of large crowds who care enough to freak out on this website, but I worry that our brutal third quarters indicate a lack of half-time coaching savvy. I swear that I will continue to pay the dough, and make the necessary effort, to join my fellow fans in Section 7, because it is where I feel like a kid again, come game days. I will continue to expect our organization to match our passion and effort, by doing all it takes to build a winner, on and off the field, so my kids can one day take their kids, too. OSKI WEE WEE. OSKI WA WA. TIGERS...EAT EM RAW!

I Agree

I Stryka-17, do declare that the TigerCats are the chosen team and I shall support them unto the end of all things. I have been a fan since birth. I am 26 years old and have had season tickets in my family for over 30 years. I have only missed a handful of games in the past 18 years. I also attend almost every Ticat/Argo game at the dome. I continue to support my team and attend games even when the times have been dark. Every year I do my best to attract my friends and new people to the Ticats. I Believe being a Ticat means Hard work, endless effort, and a fearless attitude. I get frustrated when I see some players fail to perform these three tasks. I don't expect a winning team always, but I do expect a competitive exciting team! I feel Bob Young is the best thing to happen to the Ticats, and I am forever grateful.

I do bleed Black & Gold and will for life.

Go Cats Go.