The D will carry this team through the season

Yes, beginning of 2017.

Fair point.

Live Mic Night offered up insights. It was funny to hear how many times Reilly tried to emphasize the snap count, and his linemen still couldn’t remember it after walking the four steps to the line of scrimmage. The right tackle (I believe) did a great statue impersonation as Wynn ran by him untouched for a big sack.

Pretty sure that one was on the centre. Claybrooks and Reilly were talking about how it was supposed to be On Two. I’m assuming the ball shouldn’t have been snapped when it was.

We’ve see those types of mistakes far too often around these parts

1. All I know is that Mike Reilly without a doubt is the toughest SOB in the entire CFL !!

Never seen a QB take the kind of punishment that he has taken (especially this season), and still
get up and limp back to the huddle, and just keep on going and going !!

He is earning every penny of his large contract…and he sure deserves it :slight_smile:

What an outstanding player he is !!

Agreed.

All I could imagine is what the Cats would be like with Reilly at the helm.

The last 3 sacks were all so bad as well…their O line just collapsed.

As much as I like Rielly, he was holding the ball way too long. Some of those plays he should have thrown the ball away or dumped it off.

Yes the beauty of football, the guy that looks like the fool on the field is not always the one at fault.
Recievers often run the wrong route and Qb will throw an INT or to an open space - or vice a versa.
Centre forgets the count and the whole O line looks foolish.

(…and yes, Zach was seriously damaged when the cats cheapened out on a Oline in 2017 - is this to punish the Qb for having a lucrative contract???)

Punish? We offered Zach the extension…he wasn’t a free agent.

By today’s standards that deal was a bargain.

There was one Wynn sack where he blew by the right tackle and then right in between the 2 running backs on a direct path to Reilly. Three different guys could have picked up Wynn and nobody did. Reilly didn’t look to pleased after he got up. ;D

The BC pass protection is some of the worst we have ever seen.

I think that was the play when everyone on the O-line forgot the snap count…

Cfl Team sack totals we must be #1 i couldn’t find this chart on the net ?!

EDM 33
HAM 32
SASK 28 (1 less game)

2018: 31.

This is a D that can win in Calgary in November. However, John White was running roughshod over the D for the first. That might be the absence of Ted and Tracey, but it is a concern.

Kids played with heart though. Remember coach Glanville said sacks don’t tell the whole story, we got lots of pressures and tipped balls. Those are just as important as tackling the QB for a loss.

Stats arent everything. You shoulda heard his stories.

1. John White also ran roughshod for the whole game when BC was in Hamilton 2 weeks ago.

And both Ted and Tracey played in that game !! ::slight_smile: :-[

Somehow BC put together an effective block scheme to spring White loose which then set up the pass. DL never got consistent pressure until the 4th.
Obviously BC couldnt duplicate it and/or HAM was ready and the results speak for themselves.
Debateable if White didnt get injured he could have been nearly as succesfull as game 1.

So White played in both those games and which team won ?? White is a dancer and our RBs are better .

In Orlondo we trust . Well some of us do . :slight_smile:

Pat Lynch ( the senior citizen with new eyes)