The CIS Draft

So if you would like to watch this draft, is TSN the only venue in which it can be viewed? According to this press release,

"Produced by TSN from the CFL on TSN Studio, the Draft is available live online at TSN.ca and CFL.ca. The final four rounds of the Draft can be followed on CFL.ca through real-time updates."

[url=http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=235791&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_main]http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=235791&lid= ... lines_main[/url]

They only intend to broadcast the first two rounds and then the final rounds will be updated on the cfl website.

Last year they did this and I believe the CBC was involved and proceeded to show all the rounds. Any ideas if there is anywhere else we can view the entire draft (rather than watching the updates after the second round)?

It’s the first time,ever, that the CFL Draft is shown on live TV; even if only 2 of the 6 rouds, better than nothing. Good news from TSN.

Was never, never shown live on CBC. Get the facts straight!

Richard

why not show the full Draft for us Football Guys
Again This one thing hate about Canada.
We Show the Full NHL Draft on TV.
I hate Hockey ..
I am a Football Guy.
My Local Cable Company Dose not have NFL Network
so no NFL Draft.
Now CFL is only showing me two rounds of The CFL Draft.
What a Rip.
Can the CFL Do anything Right.

Tom, there is extensive NFL Draft coverage (read NFL Network streaming content) on nfl.com today and tomorrow.

Oski Wee Wee,

The draft isn't on TSN, it's on tsn.ca and cfl.ca, produced by TSN.
Also, the NFL draft was on the TSN alternate channel.

They never show the full hockey draft. They may show the first round then go to other programming. As much as I love football, I don't know half of these guys. Even in the NFL, I know of guys in the first couple rounds but after that, they are just names to me.

The CFL does get it right. They broadcast the first 2 rounds on the internet and the rest by live updates. The CFL is all by phone anyway.

Oh, by the way, I watched the NFL draft on the internet yesterday so the excuse that your cable company doesn't have the NFL network is just an excuse.

As for getting facts straight - the CFL draft (1st round) HAS been televised live before - on TSN - in 86 and maybe another year or two back around then.

And the article I read about TSN & the current draft was not very clear IMO - is it going to actually shown on TSN TV, or is it just going to be available to watch online at TSN.ca? - big difference.

Richard, you only have 5 posts on this board and I understand that you are new. However if you decide 2 respond to a question, perhaps you can leave you sarcasm and snarky remarks elsewhere. I didn't ask for and don't appreciate that type of response.

Back then TSN was new and would do anything for content.

Produced by TSN from the CFL on TSN Studio, the Draft is available live online at TSN.ca and CFL.ca. The final four rounds of the Draft can be followed on CFL.ca through real-time updates.

I think that, and the fact that their TV schedule on their website doesn't show them airing it on TV, makes it clear that it's online only.