The Chang retires and goes back to school

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/20090531_Changs_playing_career_over.html

http://media.starbulletin.com/images/20090531_spt_timmy.jpg

Retired?

Quit.

Unfortunately for Timmy, things just never really got going for him.

I was never so excited then so disappointed about a player playing for the Ticats.

He had the credentials, but it just didn't work out.

Quit?

Retired. :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Timmy had been released from the Bombers on February 25, so he had nothing to quit if you want to get technical about it. LOL

I wish him well in his future endeavours.

Oski Wee Wee,

Good luck with what your future life out of football brings, Timmy.

Too bad you got thrown to the wolves too soon as a starter in Hamilton.

P.S.

There is no shame in Timmy not overcoming the differences
the CFL has from the U.S game that he had been trained in

at the stage of his career that Timmy had to make his debut.

Lol I'd still start Timmy over any of the qb's on Winnipeg's or Sasks roster

That's kind of a shame. I liked Timmy. I liked that he WANTED to play. He could have been very good if given the right situation. GL Timmy.

He had 1 good, PRESEASON game and we annointed him the second coming of Danny Mac.

He couldn't pick the game up fast enough. Sure, he faced a good defense in Toronto but you have to play them 3 or 4 times per year. How else are you going to learn.

I also thought he had some issues with attitude.

I wish Timmy the best.

All I want is a QB that is great and can help us win. I don't really care who it is. I only ask that they are young enough to play with us for 10 years.

Amen to that, Ron! I always felt for the kid.

I heard some rumblings about him having a bit of an attitude, but I never saw him be
anything but nice and polite to anyone I saw him dealing with.

I wish him the best of luck.

One can feel sorry for a young athlete who’s pro apirations are over but fans and Chang pretty well got everything they asked for when he was here.
Had some good series in pre-season and some TD passes in relief and that was used to justify him starting because he looked like the “real deal”.
On top of that he marched into Taaffe’s office and demanded to start which he eventually did and stunk-twice.
As a raw rookie he got game time in pre-season, got reps. in reg. season and two starts plus a ton of positive press. Chang got way more opportunities than most backups at his stage.

Dont see how that’s throwing anyone to the wolves.

How else do you play a rookie backup?

I agree. The "throwing him to the wolves" argument is lame. Porter got "thrown to the wolves" against BC, got beat up (sacked about 10 times), and still made some good things happen. Not outstanding stats but he still showed poise and never gave up, despite the fact that he wasn't getting any help from his team. Chang didn't have a clue what to do and it showed. I've said it before, but if you aren't ready to start against the league's best defense, then you aren't ready to start. How far can you take your team if you can only play against the weak defenses?

Timmy looked good in preseason and I was eager to see him play too. But after seeing him start...well, you know the story. Some will keep the "Timmy could have been a star" myth going for eternity, wondering how we could've let him slip through our fingers. The fact is he got a shot with a second CFL team and couldn't make it as a starter.

That's football. He gave it his best shot - but he didn't make it. You may feel sorry for him and I'm sure he's a nice guy. However, the fact is, he didn't make it.

I commend him for going back to school to complete his education. I'm sure he'll be successful in the rest of his life.

…and came right back and beat Montreal the next week

Then, you'd be an idiot.