The CFL's season second half: A look ahead!

This article was written by Jonathan Huntington of the EDMONTON SUN!

He looks at the CFL’s season second half and what may happen? :thup:

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/News/2006/08/21/1767721-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 1-sun.html[/url]
With a veteran coaching staff, loads of talent on each side of the ball and a potentially soft schedule (Hamilton twice, Edmonton twice and Saskatchewan), the Argos could make a legitimate run at first in the East.
lol... How often has two games against the Eskimos been refered to a "soft schedule"? I love this season!
With a stunning eight interceptions in the first 10 games, Miles is on pace for 14 this year. The single-season CFL record is 15 - Al Brenner, Hamilton, 1972.
I sure hope he makes it. That would teach the Don a lesson. He was the one who wanted Miles out of Montreal. Miles must be my favourite non-Alouettes CFLer.
The most outstanding defensive player in the league last year, Grace was benched for Calgary's last game and is clearly in a dogfight for his job. Hard to imagine - but it's reality with the Stampeders.
It's weird, but the same thing happened to Anwar Stewart after he was named Defensive player of the year in 2004. Last year, he was sometimes benched and his job was on the line.

Now same thing happens to ever efficient Grace. This prompts the question: Are we expecting too much from guys coming out of a stellar season?

1. THE STREAK

The Edmonton Eskimos have made the playoffs for 34 straight years - a professional sports record.

If the playoffs started today, the 3-6 Esks would be out and the streak would be dead.There isn't a more intriguing team to watch in the league right now.

God, I don't ask much of ya, but could you please make the above happen? and can you please let Winnipeg make the playoffs? CO or none, I don't care.

I'm with you on that KK, but I'm not writting the Esks out of anything until they are mathematically done. Over the decades, I've seen them pull so many games out of the fire and make some interesting (And heart breaking) come backs.

Nope, I won't gloat until the fat lady sings.

I predict that the season will end like this.

East

1. Montreal
  2. Winnipeg
  3. Toronto
  4. Hamilton

West

1. Calgary
  2. Saskatchewan
  3. BC
  4. Edmonton

no CO, unless Hamilton beats out the Riders or BC, which isn't going to happen, if they had the old logo in use, I'd consider it, but...

Stop hurting yourself with bad drugs KK. So You still won't give BC the respect they deserve. Even with Dickenson sitting out, our backup QB has won more games than your Bomber backups.

Well Kanga, today the Eskimos got a new sponser! Hoover Vacum’s they were looking for a team that worked like their product! I too will not count out the Eskies that have talent but their they have not put it all together yet!

......I thinkt he final standing will look like this:

EAST

1. Montreal
  2. Toronto
  3. Winnipeg
  4. Hamilton

WEST

1. BC
  2. Calgary
  3. Saskatchewan
  4. Edmonton

the final standing will be:

mont 13-5
wpg 9-9
to 8-10
ham 4-14

bc 13-5
cgy 11-7
edm 7-11(sneaks into playoffs b/c of season series win)
sk 7-11

the streak almost ended. darn eskies.

edm beats cgy
bc beats edm

wpg beats to
mont beats wpg

bc beats mont in front of a sell out crowd and milt comes back for one more year.

Man I wish I could fast forward those predictions by two more months!

East

1. Montreal
  2. Winnipeg
  3. Toronto
  4. Hammertown

West

1. BC
  2. Calgary
  3. Saskatchewan
  4. Edmonton

The streak dies.
Calgary beats Sask in semi, loses to BC in final… Toronto beats the peg, loses to Montreal… BC wins cup. Rioting ensues, Vancouver burns to the ground.

Following year Lions play out of makeshift field behind farmer’s field in Fort Nelson, Grey Cup is switched from Toronto to Fort Nelson to reward the BC fan’s perserverence, and the 2007 Grey Cup is won by Calgary (having dominated the season after the return of Marc Boerigter to the tune of a 16-2 record, both losses coming inexplicably at the hands of the expansion Ottawa Rough Riders) over Winnipeg in a game which will forever be known as “The Mud Bowl” due to rainy conditions and the fact they’re playing in a farmer’s field.

The epic battle features astounding rushing performances by both Charles Roberts and Joffrey Reynolds, and ultimately comes down to a last second field goal by “Automatic” DeAngelis - a 53 yarder that bounces off the crossbar and in. Yeah. That’s all I can forsee right now.

So you are hanging out with Weedy Williams and his very best friend McMahon! :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats good calgaryforlife, especially the Fort Nelson stuff! Maybe you mean Fort Langley! :wink:

I can’t tell you if those are my sources or not, but they are in fact high ranking ex-CFL owners known far and wide for bringing mardi gras to Ottawa… I’ve said too much…

That rules out Feterik! Hmmmmm could it be no way those clowns are not around still are they! McMahon is Lonie Glieberboob! :lol:

Darn it all. He's gonna be mad when he finds out I spilled the beans.

EAST ;

1. MONTREAL
  2. TORONTO
  3. WINNIPEG
  4. HAMILTON

WEST

1. B.C.
  2. CALGARY
  3. SASK.
  4. EDMONTON

Don’t you mean “the beads” ?

Feel free to bring these up at the end of the season...

East

1. Montreal
  2. Toronto
  3. Hamilton
  4. Winnipeg

West

1. BC
  2. Edmonton
  3. Calgary
  4. Sask

With the standard Grey Cup between Montreal and Edmonton.

EE, with such rankings, I must ask: What record do you foresee for Hamilton and Winnipeg?