The CFL officiating has got to get more consistent.

Officiating in games is so inconsistent is unbelievable. Then even when the officials on the field make or miss a call the command center can't seem to keep it consistent. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Eskimos/Lions Game July 28th
Rielly throws a clearly lateral pass and BC recovers, but ball is blown dead. BC challenges and play on field stands, clearly wrong call from command center, who could see it from every angle.

2 plays later, on 3rd and long with no kicker, they throw ball into the end zone into triple coverage and ball is knocked down. Jason Maas confused that they turn ball over on downs, throws down a challenge flag and gets pass interference from the command center. ( a maybe call)

5 plays later, Lions have possession and Ladler is early on Burnham. Buono calls a pass interference and command center declines the call ( a maybe call )

THE CFLL COMMAND CENTER HAS TO START CALLING THESE GAMES WITH SOME LEVEL OF CONSISTENCY, OR THEY WILL SOON HAVE NO FANS. I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE CALLING IT THE CRAZY FOOTBALL LEAGUE!!!!

Send a tweet to Randy and voice your displeasure

It wasn't a clear lateral (and I'm a Lions fan).

Maas wasn't confused - their kicker was injured so at that point in the game they were going for it on every 3rd down play. That PI call was close as were all the contested PI calls (there is a lack of consistency, which I can see from on-field officials but not from command-centre who previously had to see some pretty blatant PI before verifying PI).

Finally the CFL has joined the ranks of the other leagues as having inconsistent reffing. Finally! :smiley:

It was clearly behind the LOS scrimmage when he tried to catch the ball, therefore it should have been ruled a lateral.

The play in the endzone was no PI. Purifoy may have had his hand on the player (if at all) but did not impede, obstruct or turn his hips etc. Phantom call.

Ironically, the 2-pt convert attempt was PI on Buddy Jackson who was face guarding. I think the command centre just wanted to toss Wally a bone to make their last two bogus decisions legit.

The fact that Burnham made the catch, shouldn't mitigate the fact that he was impeded from catching the ball. The Esk defender made contact before the ball arrived.

The better team won, so it's moot. But that's got nothing to do with officiating incompetence and making the league look bad.

The play in the endzone was no PI. Purifoy may have had his hand on the player (if at all) but did not impede, obstruct or turn his hips etc. Phantom call.
Agree with that assessment rhymes. A perfect example of why they should dump challenges for this type of play, this should be left completely up to the refs on the field.

You all understand you're arguing with a troll? I saw at least 4 first time posters last night whining about officiating.

You aren't confusing a lateral with a screen pass, are you? For a lateral, the ball must travel backwards, so initial contact with the ball must be made behind where the ball was released.

[Note: I have not seen the play, so I don't know if it was a lateral or not.]

Refereeing is always "bad" in any sport whether it's kids, beer leagues, or professional. There is always a play that is a tough call and crap happens.

It starts at the bottom.

You need better training in minor league levels. Higher standards are required.

Plus they need more work to improve their entire scheme.

Takes time

I noticed that also dcm - 4 of em chimed in abouts the time of penalty flag, the challenge flag thingy going on. Sickly foolish on their part as us posters have been beating on the drum about this topic since the season began.

And they all hit so close together it must be the same troll. Maybe our regular troll who hits the board a few times a season.