The CFL needs to enter the HD age!

HD, high definition TV. TSN was pretty good this year, but not perfect. They broadcast some of the Friday night games in HD. Why not all? CBC, well they get a big thumbs down!!!!! No regular season games on CBC were in HD (even though CBC has an HD station and broadcasts plenty of stuff in HD). Only the western final and the Grey Cup was in HD on CBC. BUT, they show a bunch of lame duck NHL games in HD! CBC, wake up! AS for the CFL: next year, TSN and the CBC should broadcast ALL games in HD. Not just Toronto's games... Calgary's perfect 12-0 season from 1948 is great, but far away. Standard TV is also. Give me HD or give me death!!!!!!

They are getting there, Grey Curp was in HD for the frist time last sunday.

Its not the CFL that need to enter the HD age its the CBC and TSN. they are they one broadcasting the games.

I do however think that there would have been more on the CBC if not for the lockout. I would love to see all the games in HD on TSN and CBC

HD, high definition TV. TSN was pretty good this year, but not perfect. They broadcast some of the Friday night games in HD. Why not all? CBC, well they get a big thumbs down!!!!! No regular season games on CBC were in HD (even though CBC has an HD station and broadcasts plenty of stuff in HD). Only the western final and the Grey Cup was in HD on CBC. BUT, they show a bunch of lame duck NHL games in HD! CBC, wake up! AS for the CFL: next year, TSN and the CBC should broadcast ALL games in HD. Not just Toronto's games... Calgary's perfect 12-0 season from 1948 is great, but far away. Standard TV is also. Give me HD or give me death!!!!!!

And you posted ths again because?

Because someone asked me why I posted it in the Als section; when it is more of a CFL question. AND, I still have not gotten a decent answer.

Posting it again wont help
you could have replied in the first one

And who here can really give an answer.
opinions yes answers no

I would love that to. Sony is a big sponsor of the CFL. They have HD TV's I think...

Every manufacture has HDTV

HD TV Would be much better on say.. a 52 inch TV like my uncle's. I wish I had one.

I mention it on this site because I believe that the CFL head honchos (maybe even Tom Wright) read the boards. I would hope that a fan initiated request could actually be received by the CFL brass and the networks (who surely read the boards). WE as fans, should ask for these things. Our demands might be heard and granted. I did watch the Grey Cup in HD on CBC. It was fantastic!!!! Great sports coverage! I admit I Ioved it; I just ask for more of the same.

I wonder if Tom Wright reads the boards. Maybe. He is probly too busy though.

HDTV is very very expensive to broadcast, almost twice as much as brodcasting regular television. Also the amount of HDTV's in Canada is only around 1.5 to 2 million people. While this number will surely increase (and subsequently the broadcasting fees will go down), it will take a few years until HD is mainstream. The CRTC has set a mandate that by 2009 or so, all stations must broadcast in digital. HD will come, but it won't happen overnight.

If you want to show that you want more HD broadcasts
Write to the CBC and TSN
Postin it here won do anything even if it is read by Mr Wright.

I don't think that would help ro1313. It all has to do with budgest, and as I stated earlier, HD is very expensive to broadcast and only 1.5 to 2 million Canadians have an HD set. Until it becomes cheaper to broadcast, and more people get HDTV's, you will only see about half of TSN's broadcasts in HD. TSN had like 27 games in HD this year, I think that that is pretty good. That is nearly half of all their broadcasts....

As for CBC... well who freakin' knows. They're a money pit anyway with an annual budget of around 1 billion dollars (mostly tax dollars). If they aren't going to brodcast HD, where the hell is all their money going to???

It may or may not help but complaining here wont help for sure

I think they would have broadcast more games had it not been for the lockout

The public dollars are going to qaulity programming, for the Canadian viewer.
It's not cheep running the Countries #1 station.

hehe… I hope hankthetank is being sarcastic because everyone knows that CTV is the number 1 station. According to the ratings system, CBC only gets Hockey Night in Canada in the top 10 shows watched per week… lol