The CFL Forum posters, are comparing us, to the Priders..

I read the statements, Bomber fans are like the Priders of last year..
Full of smack..without a regular season game played yet.....
We are a better club on paoer..lets have the players, decide that...
Are we going to be in the GreyCup..I don't really know.
Yes on paper...we have talent..it's up to the coaching staff...
We are a first class orginization, represent the Bomber nation well..

Silly Rabit The Bombers dont have talent

Ya .your right ..we have none...
Just bums like Roberts n Milt...
You guy's must be loaded in talent...

the bombers have improved positions except at the most important one.... qb. And without a proven #1 qb in the CFL, you're team won't go very far.

And of corse you have one ..QB..sort of..
Yes he won the GreyCup...But he was pulled twice ..
Just to get to the Big Game...
Whoes backing him up this year...Jones...

....hank....these guys who think we don't have a qb. ...are forgetting the fact that the team Glenn played for (daleys squad) would have made the most polished nfl qb. look bad....Kevin had stats. last year... that were pretty good.....considering....He will have a break-out year in 06....working with a very good coach in Berry...I would say Glenn has enough experience to carry this team....and we are going to be very tough to contend with...bring on 06 :arrow:...beyond all of that ...a great 'd' can be a real difference maker....and we are definitely heading in the right direction in that department.. :wink:

Calgary won a grey cup with Marcus Crandell.

No you wont be in the Grey Cup.... the only way the team participates is if they buy tickets....

riders COULDN'T win one with him...but then ..they didn't win a lot of Cups....with a lot of different and assorted qbs recently....and they ain't going to win one with their latest addition...KJ.... either..:lol: :lol:

You bomber fans better hope that the team can back up all the talk..... or you guys will be fattening up on a huge serving of humble pie....

defence wins championships.........Calgary 2001 and Edmonton last year.......

by the way, how did that humble pie taste last year when you had to eat it?

sambo...you'll be eating crow long before we ever eat humble pie....oh by the way ...like i said to red....would you like a little salt for the feathers.. :lol: .

i doubt that... it takes awhile to go from worst to first... and the bombers will go from worst, to not bad but nice try...

ex of how long it takes to go from worst to first- Saskatchewan, they were making a comeback over the last decade, but with the bombers gone they're back to worst

they do it every year, when a few over excited fans start planning the parade route.......my advice to those of you who want to shout it that we are going to win the GC, you better have thick skin because you wont hear the end of it from them.........with the rider fans a GC is a once in a lifetime event.......they are allowed to be optimistic........

It's fine to be optimistic. Every team should be this year:

BC-picked up Korey Banks, Dickenson is healthy, have the same team (except the loss of Simpson) who started the season on a long winning streak

Calgary-Improved a lot last year and finished the season very strong. Have the chemistry and a great qb, receiving core, and linebackers.

Edmonton-last year's grey cup champs, enough said

Sask-Picked up a better qb, all-star receiver and got their best receiver back from an injury (who say he feels great). Kept one of the best defences from last year intact.

Toronto-Have last year's reigning most outstanding player, great defence lead by one of the top linebackers in the game, and great receving core.

Montreal-Last year's grey cup runner-up lead by the best qb in the game, imo. Great receivers, great running back, and great o-line make this offence very tough to stop.

Hamilton-picked up a lot of offensive talent, Holmes (last year's most outstanding player runner-up, a qb who was one of the best two years ago, until he got benched, a good running back, and a great wide recevier. Maas will have a lot of optioins to go to

Winnipeg-Picked up a lot of players, Simpson, who is an all-star linebacker, Khan and St.Germain, two good ratio changing offensive lineman, Herbert, another outstanding defensive player, and kept the rest of their team intact. And their qb will continue to peak.

So basically yes you guys have reason to be optimistic because you definitely can finish high in the standings, but you have 3 teams in your division who will not be pushovers. Toronto and Montreal have consistently finished in the top two in their division and show no signs of slowing down and Hamilton really improved offensively. Then you have 4 tough teams to beat in the other conference so don't go planning that grey cup parade just yet because it's going to be a long season for every team and every team has a shot this year.

And it's the over-enthusiasm of certain Bomber posters, that you're going to finish first and win the grey cup, that is getting you compared to the Rider fans. As a 5-13 team last year you have to prove to people that your a good team, even if you did improve your team on paper.

i think the bombers have potential to come 3 or 2 in the standings.

I will make this point. Its good to see the Bomber fans support their team-- but to get annoying about it is not the right way to make your argument.Yes im a rider fan , but do you see me saying ANYWHERE that i think the Riders will win the GC? I did say it once(in jest), you dont want to be compared to the Priders of last year, but remember this-- we got a huge dose of reality last year-- just as you will this year. Learn from the mistake bomber fans--- last year is history, and you are condemning yourselves to repeat it.

Great post Sambo42 and the Priders should be proud of how they learned. They are great sports! Bomber fans will be eating at Crow's this year!