The CFL Doing Things Right

So should the CFL be running ads alongside a CFL type ad to support the Jays to make the playoffs and win the WS? Would that be considered right now "doing things right"? :wink:

The best thing is, in the Co-Ops, they do not just have the home team for sale.
People can get all 4 West team chips with the QB photo . Just to collect.

The other merch, like the chocolate bars is only the home town team.
Except here in Calgary , they have included the Rider stuff.

Hey, sales are sales. The Co-Op is smart enough to include both target markets.

People can get all 4 West team chips with QB photo.ā€¦All 4 ??? What happened to the 5th team ? Why no chips for the Lions ? Wonder why they werenā€™t included in the promotion ? :?

BOBO, there are no Co-Op grocery stores in BC.

BC is dominated by the Sobeys chain.

GAME DAY APPROVED marketing is exclusive to the Co-Op grocery franchise only.

I see , that makes sense , thanks for the explanation B-88 :slight_smile:

Yes, and perhaps the Lions should think about doing something with Sobeys in the Vancouver area along the same line.

If any team could use extra marketing and shelf exposure, it would be the Lions.

Sobeys owns Safeway and a major sponsor of the CFL, they canā€™t do much more.

Ok, before the trolls start up, this thread is about what's IS happening not what ifs.

Well as to that regards I did find a few promos for the Lions :

http://hipdigital.cust.footprint.net/u/mozart/ca/557/images/premierads/beb1dfbb-628a-47b5-bc14-2e51728a7064.jpg

[url=http://www.applewoodnissan.ca/promotions/bc-lions-promotion/]http://www.applewoodnissan.ca/promotion ... promotion/[/url]

GREAT CLIPS : Defensive TD = FREE HAIRCUT
Any time your Lions defence scores a touchdown in BC Place this season, all the fans in attendance win a free haircut courtesy of Great Clips ! Just take your game ticket into your local Great Clips location to redeem your prize.

http://media.mtlevolio.com/media/604VANCOUVERMITSUBISHI/218276-1170xY/nissan-titan-official-vehicle-of-the-bc-lions.jpg

Official vehicle of the BC Lions

Wine

Barbecue Sauce

Beer

Those Upper Deck cards are sweet! If I was still in Canada and 30 years younger I'd be all over those.

I go out to 2 Lions games a year.

Sometimes they give away free Lions Logo Sobeys gift cards.

Free grocery card valued from 5 - 500.

My sister lives in Vancouver ( Mission ) , I give mine to her.

She got 5 and 10.

Every little promotion helps. Good for Sobeys.

Out here Canadian Tire has a large variety of CFL West merchandise featuring all 5 teams.

What about the Canadian Tire stores in the East ? Do they sell 4 team sets of merchandise ?

I'm not sure what her actual business relationship is with the league, but the CFL's relationship with Johany Jutras is fantastic promotion. Not only is this likeable French-Canadian female a good photographer but she's also a great promoter of the league and of her work.

Week 14 of the 2016 CFL journey of photographer Johany Jutras

Johany Jutrasā€™s Story (four part video series)

She left everything behind to follow all Canadian Football teams across Canada and take pictures. She then released a book about her trip. The whole story here.

What? are you saying that French-Canadians are normally not ā€œlikeableā€ ?
What difference does it make if she is French Canadian? yikesā€¦ :thdn:

It was meant to be a descriptive to differentiate her from the stereotype of plus 65 Western males that haters of the league so want to portray as the leagueā€™s only boosters. This thread isnā€™t about political correctness it is about positive marketing and promotion please feel free to contribute to the thread topic and not derail the thread.

What Charuk stated was a compliment to the lady.

How you would take it any other way than that is beyond reason.

They are discussing changing the name to American Tire. With this change they could double sales in the Toronto area.

Sadly, Walmart carries more Argos then CTC.

:oops: :oops: I screwed up.

I meant to say SAVE ON FOODS. Not Sobeys.

I do not go into CT very often.

I went there today. Sales have directed the Calgary stores now only stock Stamps and Riders.

American Tire?
oh I get it, because Torontonians love their Jays? why not Latino Tire? they have 13 Latinos thatā€™s a higher rate than US players.
There is actually a higher percentage of US players on the Argos than there are on the Jays.
The Jays have a lot more Canadian fans than the Argos too.