The Cats Are On The Prowl

Tabbie GM Marcel Desjardins will be on the prowl
for defensive linemen and speedy receivers when
the C.F.L. free agent deadline comes Thursday.

The Cats will hunt for about four or five free agents.

Marcel would love to bag D-lineman
Adriano Belli and Rahim Abdullah.

Ken Peters The Hamilton Spectator (Feb 12, 2007)

moreale is gunna get resigned, very nice 2 see.

If Ken read this site more he'd be aware that C.Brazel has resigned with the Bombers.

Feb. 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers re-signed receiver Chris Brazzell (6-2, 203, Angelo State ’97, DOB: May 22, 1976 in Fort Worth, Texas) and defensive tackle Jon Oosterhuis

haha...i was about 2 post the same thing :smiley:

Can someone tell me why we would re-sign Morreale and why do we want Thelwell? Morreale is 35 and Thelwell is 34 and he wants $100, 000's? Way too much for him. He'll be the next Chris Brazzell.
I think they should take a good look at Jamal Richardson?

Very poor free agent market :thdn: The guys the Cats are looking at are absolutely no better than the players they released.

Marcel says they have to improve at D-line and WR across the board - maybe because you cut everyone at those positions. Can anyone honestly say that the free agents they are looking at will improve the club - at all? Signing Morreale because the pickings are "thin"? Doesn't sound like they had much of a plan. But at least the team will be cheap this year. Mission accomplished.

I like who they have targeted along the D-line. I'll be really happy if they can get Abullah, Belli and McKay. Also if we can get another DB the defense would be in great shape.
Any thoughts on bringing back Kalil Hill? Maybe being sent home opened his eyes a bit? Anyone know of who might be invited to TC at WR?

[quote](not a bengal 06)

Very poor free agent market The guys the Cats are looking at are absolutely no better than the players they released.

Marcel says they have to improve at D-line and WR across the board - maybe because you cut everyone at those positions. Can anyone honestly say that the free agents they are looking at will improve the club - at all? Signing Morreale because the pickings are "thin"? Doesn't sound like they had much of a plan. But at least the team will be cheap this year. Mission accomplished.

A couple of weeks ago, Bob Young was interviewed by Commie smith and at that time he indicated that the team might NOT put a whole lot of emphasis on acquiring free agents.

Reading between the lines, I got the impression that Ticat management and scouts might be looking elsewhere for talent.

My apologies to Connie Smith for spelling her name with double m’s instead of double n’s.

"This implied strategy, namely trying to build a team around free agent signings is not one we are going to follow."

Bob Young, The Caretaker.

(Zontar) "This implied strategy, namely trying to build a team around free agent signings is not one we are going to follow." Bob Young, The Caretaker.
Thanks, Zontar. I think you have the quote word for word.

You're getting rather tiresome. Since you've concluded the next season is a write off by a cheap owner why don't you do everyone a favour and get lost. Your comments add zip to the discussion.

we r gunna be using alot of american college WR this season and thelwell and morealle bring experience and leadership this is the year we discover ourselves as a team, a unit. we r gunna put a brand on this team by using no name receiver and making them great, we r gunna creat our own geroy simons and ben cahoons.

we got rid of all the cancer from last season and we r starting the healing process by making a new team from scratch to grow together as a whole and lable ourselve as team again, not individuals we will be very succesfull i can feel it.

any1 agree?

Who was Tim Cheatwood before he made all those sacks?

An import signing without fanfare...

If these players were too expensive, lacked character in the terrible times of 2006 or don't have the heart to play with a retooling team this year... they have to go.

If Young, Desjardins & Co. really have built a formidable US recruiting program much like the Alouettes have had... I'm excited to see how many of these 'import signings without fanfare '... which of these players that get mentioned breifly after QB and fan favourite news turn into the new, cheaper Cheatwoods, Montfords, Daviss, Zambiasis & Winfields of tomorrow...

see yes ur right on the money joedavtav

When are they going to announce some of these "signings?" Aside from some ex-NFL LB's, I'm not impressed with the rookie talent brought in to compete in TC so far. Receivers, please!

There is not a great free agent pool out there. One guy I really like is Eric England. I know he is older but I'd rather have him than Belli.

First off, I didn't mention Bob Young nor did I refer to him by any such adjective. It was implied that most of the players were cut for salary reasons, which is what I was referring to.
Secondly, if you don't like me - too bad! :cowboy: