THE CATS ARE GOING NOWHERE WITHOUT PLAYMAKERS PERIOD!!

Sure injuries is a problem, but other than FANTUZ , done we have a "SHEETS" or a "DRESSLER"????????????????????????

THE answer is a BIG "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I think EVERYONE Here knows this team needs a ground game.
Why can't Austin see this?
This is priority number 1.
Extend drives, give the defense a break. Too many two-and-outs because we all know there is no ground attack.
Bring back Avon or bring in Cory Boyd. Then make adjustments as necessary. The hole is only getting larger the longer Austin waits.
This is the same thing that happened last season, when Cortez took too long to start Avon. There was notable improvement when he did start, but the hole was too deep to climb out of by that point.

Getting a decent running back might will not help this team. We are consistently bad at tackling often giving up more yards after first contact, never get the interception when it is thrown in our hands, consistently gain one or two yards short of what we need on second down, often due to bad routes but also because Burris shorts hops the balls. Why we bring everyone in tight on third down and try the sneak is beyond my mind, Burris cannot even hook slide when he needs to and when he falls forward he is a risk at fumbling. One day Burris might actually throw the ball out of bounds rather than getting tackled when the heat is on.

We are are team of consistency, just the wrong kind.

Prioritize.
First thing is a ground game to extend drives and give the defense a rest.
Can't expect the D to perform as well in the 4th as they did in the 1st when they are always on the field.

Once you get a look at how the D performs when given ample rest, make necessary changes.

Understand that this team is completely rebuilding…

If that is the case,and it is,any team must start with the building blocks…Shore up the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and work out from there…

You want pressure on the QB to take pressure off a weak secondary?..Get some athelete’s at DE and DT…

Wanna protect any QB we have and open a few holes for our RB’s??..Get a competent Centre,some Guards and Tackles…

Work out things from there…

I have to agree with the building block message.

Our Defence is no worse than last year and either is our O-line and we had a better offence last year.

Why? Because we had Avon,Fantuz,C williams etc.
So we still have fantuz, get back Avon and find another C. williams. The defence/O-line we are working on.

Start earning our pay Tillmen

That’s only part of the story. Cortez was running the offense last year and he is a guru at that task. Austin and his OC Condell have been less than impressive and have effectively neutered the offense. Not only with playcalling but also with roster selection and talent evaluation.

Henry "Should we try a running play coach?"
Austin "Stop asking stupid questions"

The Cats had good success running, so why they did not do more is beyond me. They were running to the outside which was keeping the Rider DEs honest. Mind boggling why they didn't do it more.

I think Isaac made an immediate impact...hopefully he is not out, because he did well for being with the club under 1 week.

[/quote]
That's only part of the story. Cortez was running the offense last year and he is a guru at that task. Austin and his OC Condell have been less than impressive and have effectively neutered the offense. Not only with playcalling but also with roster selection and talent evaluation.
[/quote]
So what are you saying? Fire the coaching staff? give me a break! Sound like a typical cat fan.

[/quote]
That's only part of the story. Cortez was running the offense last year and he is a guru at that task. Austin and his OC Condell have been less than impressive and have effectively neutered the offense. Not only with playcalling but also with roster selection and talent evaluation.
[/quote]
So what are you saying? Fire the coaching staff? give me a break! Sound like a typical cat fan.

That’s only part of the story. Cortez was running the offense last year and he is a guru at that task. Austin and his OC Condell have been less than impressive and have effectively neutered the offense. Not only with playcalling but also with roster selection and talent evaluation.
[/quote]
[/quote]
You insinuate too much! I never said to fire anybody.

Just look at the winning teams in the CFL - all of the best teams have an established ground game. The Ti-Cats are really hampered w/o one for all the reasons you cite.

I think George learned some valuable lessons from that, as he seems to be sold on it this season. 'Course when you have someone like Kory playing for you it makes the decision so easy.

Krisiun wrote:

"That's only part of the story. Cortez was running the offense last year and he is a guru at that task. Austin and his OC Condell have been less than impressive and have effectively neutered the offense. Not only with playcalling but also with roster selection and talent evaluation."

Don't know if I agree with what you're saying about Austin and his staff but Cortez has made a real difference with Saskatchewan. Last season, the Riders were, at best, 6th in most offensive categories. This year they are at or near the top in those same areas and more. Quarterback and offensive crew are much the same over the both periods. The only real difference is the OC. He is also a quarterback coach, and likely helped a good deal with Durant's game as well.

As a head coach, couldn't get it done. As an Offensive Co-ordinator, is proving again that he knows his game.

Can't really blame the offense when you lose at home against a Backup QB who has never won a game. Burris is sitting alone at the top of he league as the most productive QB in the league. They need to make a ratio change on the oline, something they can and should do by playing Plesius or another Canadian receiver and find a RB who can be productive.

The defense will be much more difficult to fix.

Yeah, Burris isn't to blame. Does he make mistakes? Sure, any QB does. The main problem I see with him is not making the right read on the zone read option. But really, the offense is producing. That defense? Not so much. Facing a backup QB making only his third (?) pro start, you should have torn him to pieces (metaphorically).

It’s hard to get a picture on the defense when your shuffling injured and replacements on and off the field. Not sure Plesius is ready to play the middle and call defenses. I would like to see him there eventually. Meantime, perhaps at a DE spot??