Well another season is done. I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game, and this season. I am pissed off, but I will get over it. There probably will be some heads rolling (some should be some shouldn't) in the next couple weeks.
Notes on the game.
Calvillo picked the defence apart the entire first half. He did what he wanted when he wanted. Man what I would give to have a Ben Cahoon type player on the Riders.
Reasons we lost.
- Calvillo and Co. outshone the Riders D the whole first half.
- Crandell's costly turnovers. Especially that one in the redzone, which was entirely his fault.
- Costly penalties, Perry what were you doing
- Recievers can't catch the ball - French amde a lot of catches but he dropped some key ones. If richardson catches the long bomb the end of that game would have been a lot more exiting
- None of The Riders did anything extra. There were no YAC yards. NObody was breaking tackles. Holmes was running alright but of course they had to abandon that.
- 2nd and one, how about try a fake handoff or dive, and throw the ball up to our 6'4" recievers.
- TIME - there wasn't enough of it, and the riders didn't utilize the time they had. When you have to march 70 yards down the field, and it takes 7 first downs and 5 minutes to do it, you know there is some trouble when you are down by three scores.
- Montreal is a great team. That is the most important reason we lost. They played absolutely mistake free football. You do that, 9 times out of 10 you win the game.
I'll be on here still lots, but I might be taking a back seat a bit.
Good luck to the Rest of the teams, and BC win the damn thing