The C.F.L. tells our GM...to be silent about the Reff's

Gms and coaches do this type of thing all the time in hockey . It just puts a bug in the ear of the leauge and the they in turn may say something to the refs .

Have the Cats deserved alot of the penalties they have gotten this season and the last few seasons   ?? Probably , but it is a culture that has to be changed and quickly . But , do I think that the refs rarely give us the benefit of the doubt alot of the times ?? YES I DO . 

Last game was a perfect example of this . Andersons spear was NOT a spear and alot of teams wouldnt of gotten the call . It was a critical call at a critical point of the game and as usual it went AGAINST the Cats . Same as the call in the end zone . if anything it should of gone both ways . It didnt and as usual went against the CATS . Lets hope this all changes on Friday night .

i have always been a fan of the tiger-cats and thought us fans as a whole were obnoxious but very football savvy. to listen to the posters say "good for marcel to put a bug in their ear" is ridiculous and makes Hamilton fans look like a bunch of whiners with no class. there are ways and proper channels for a man as resourceful as marcel that should be used. so everyone please shut your yaps and lets play football. i promise you were 0-4 because were garbage. improving nevertheless but still garbage......and if you want to help the team focus on what the team can fix.
We're garbage? I think thats too harsh, especially considering the last 2 games. We did just go toe to toe with the defending Grey Cup champions last week. Sure, we took too many penalties, but it was the B.C. drive with the completely blown spearing and pass interference calls that really cost us big time.

lol sorry def did mean that literally just to emphasize the problems we have as a team are glaring and that we do not need to look anywhere but at ourselves as to why we are 0-4. but i will say this 0-4 is 0-4 and that record is garbage. period.

perhaps management from ALL teams have been using the backdoor channels, ( there's something wrong with that phrase, I'm just not sure what. :wink: ) and have fallen to deaf ears.
Perhaps this was our GM's way of saying , "enough is enough."

Right or wrong , he's fed up.

to me, these latest comments re. the reffing by the parcel can be chaulked up to inexperience.i don't hear adam rita or eric in sask,or brendan in wpg sounding off on such matters.those guys i guess just know which battles to fight and which ones to leave alone.all this does is infuriate the cfl, when one of their basically first year gm's is sounding off on topics that for years have been seen as a big no-no to be discussing in the media. going thru the media to get your ludicrous point across
will do absolutely nothing for you but put a target on your chest just like when greg was coaching and had veins popping out of his melon when a penalty was being called against his team.refs remember that stuff
and he does not need any more attention drawn to his losing team right now.they need as even a playing field as they can get and i don't think they'll be getting a fair shake-at least this week anyway.
brilliant move!

CITY LEGEND
0-4 is 0-4 and that record is garbage.
haha, agreed

I nominate this for POST OF THE YEAR.

It started last year, and I thought it would change once he got rid of the players that were causing the problems, but it is still his way of doing things and I have little respect for it.

just wanted to touch on what crash has said previously.
yapping to the press about a player and his shortcomings seems to have become fairly common with the gm. i'll refer back to some, probably all of the other gms, in that you don't hear eric talking trash about a player he cut or what kind of coaching his team received in the years previous to his arrival in sask.this type of talk definitely does not serve any purpose but to let people know what kind of hole the previous regime has dug for him and his new crew so maybe they'll be given a little more time to rebuild.
that's what he seems to be about. i've never met him, but i don't have to-to know what type of guy he is.that doesn't get you much respect amongst your peers(player agents, other gms and more importantly
prospective free agents who might think of coming to ham.has anyone seen him smile, EVER? i guess he has no reason to eh?

CITY LEGEND

Stox??.. Is that you???

Did you see the Ref.. reach for his back pocket then change his mind on that last Allen pass to the endzone?....lol

Having worked at the league office in the past,I'm sure Marcel has a great deal of respect for the officials. What he can not tolerate is how the officials make our canadian game look like a joke. When you see blown calls like many of the ones we've seen lately aired on national tv and in the US, there is no wonder some people feel this game is bush league. I agree with the comments made and support it 100%.

Crash and Half the Distance...you guys are out to lunch. Do you actually think Tillman doesn't make comments like this through the press?

Being silent..or going through back-door channels will never change a dam thing. The GM did the right thing by speaking to the media, and hats off to him for having the GUTS to do so. It's bloody well time for someone to take a run at those guys...and so what if the C.F.L. Brass does not like it. It's simple hard truth...some of the Reff's calls make the C.F.L. look like High School Football. It's bad for the Teams, the fans, and the C.F.L. as a whole....period.

Actually, by using the press to air your complaints, you are going "through the back door" It means circumventing protocol. If you follow channels you are just going "through the door" I guess.

If this is what 'Newworldorder" is about, I’m happy and proud to be a member of the “Old world order”.

“New World Odour” might very well be a more appropriate handle for you.

(Citylegend) that's what he (Marcel Desjardins) seems to be about. i've never met him, but i don't have to-to know what type of guy he is.that doesn't get you much respect amongst your peers(player agents, other gms and more importantly prospective free agents who might think of coming to ham.has anyone seen him smile, EVER? i guess he has no reason to eh?

CITY LEGEND

Posts like yours won’t do much for endearing the team to the general public and the rest of the league either.

Desjardins has many positives going for him and as a first year GM, I think we should cut the man some slack.

And yes, I’ve seen him smile many times. Ive also had occasion to speak to him directly and find him very affable.

Kindly leave your slanderous remarks somewhere else. Marcel Dejardins, at least had the fortitude to react to something that most other GMs have to be thinking about but are afraid to mention lest they get their wrists slapped as I’m sure Marcel did. Had Hamilton’s last game been called right, there is a good chance we would have won. Officials should never even remotely decide the outcome of a game.

I admire the man’s fortitude. If the league is to improve, it will take more people like Marcel Desjardins to move it along.

For years, coaches, Gms and fans have alluded to the fact that there were problems with officiating in the CFL. Their reactions, however, were very guarded so as not to incur the wrath of the league. Ron Lancaster was frequently unhappy with calls in his many losses, (and wins) and he had his wrists slapped too.

If these people sit idly by and watch the world go by, nothing ever changes.

lol very creative…its posts like this that make me think that maybe we should be required to post our age and level of education at the end. i really dont know how to respond on your level except that maybe im rubber and youre glue…lmao. carry on.