The "Burn The Witches Thread", volume 13

Hi folks,

There were a few bright spots today -- Jesse Lumsden had a good first quarter running the ball and the excellent Williams-to-Flick bomb for a TD in the third quarter.

On the negative side, inconsistency on offense was the big factor in the loss. Some stupid roughing penalties also did not help.

I would like to salute the 1986 Grey Cup team, Paul Weiler, and Bill Danychuk for their efforts for the team. I only caught the 1986 team reunion on TV in passing. My best wishes to all of them.

Another home campaign is in the books. I sincerely hope the next chapter wil be better with new author(s)! :wink:

More in my next fan column.

Oski Wee Wee,

On the negative side, inconsistency on offense was the big factor in the loss. Some stupid roughing penalties also did not help.
So what else is new.

I suppose inconsistency on offence is going to happen when you have two quarterbacks who have potential, but don't have much experience in the league. They did not always have much time to get passes off, and could not handle this pressure as well as I hoped they would. There were a few penalties taken at the worst possible times, but they were not nearly as undisciplined as they were when Marshall was coaching. I should also note that the playcalling was quite questionable, just as Leif Pettersen did. They were trying going deep too many times, like they were trying to get as far from Paopao's style of offence as possible.

I do hope to see more positives next week, and that's about all I have to say for now. Looking forward to the next "Inside Enemy Territory" column.