The Buck is back - should we be worried?

+1

Thank You!

Thankfully it is not Confederation Park, East Mountain or Burlington! :thup:

Thankfully we had Larry's backup to protect the Ticats against you and the rest that feel that way. You were wrong and continue to be wrong about those sites and use fiction to back it up. At least you don't also misrepresent Bob Young's motives but even that is a subject of some debate

( Fingers in ears "LA LA LA LA LA LA". Passes soother to AKT)

So...Buck Pierce...

I didn't bring the IWS into a Buck Pierce thread, that would be you Jimmy. Buck is done after 5 games as I stated before. Bombers will be terrible yet again with no QB among other problems

Reports from the blue team indicate Jyles has been only light tossing. Maybe the bummers knew he had a lame throwing arm.

…except perhaps for the Leafs’ fan base.

Ahaha true dat, they seem to think they’re going to win the cup every single year and have no sense of reality when it comes to how good their team is.To them, a perfect season is easily doable for the mighty Leafs.

I just can’t ignore this .Elliot was not injured to my recollection. Yes buck was, Jyles was, Brink was ,and Elliot (#4) got his shot .Will he prove out? Who knows. But he’s started more games than Jyles had at this point last year.They did not throw BIG MONEY at Obie. They let him go to free agency,then signed him after he didn’t sign anywhere else. Hefney would be signed by many teams in this league.Apparently we made a very good offer to Gauhtier and came in #2.I expect the Ticat forum to be Ticat bent but get your facts straight.

AKT I actually like (and agree with) many of your posts, but allow me to say that I think you’re out of line here. Ad hominem arguments are pointless in here. . . deal with what he said, regardless of who said it.

He’s got some valid points.

I as well do not recall Elliot getting injured.

I as well do not agree that Winnipeg threw “big money” at Obie Khan. . . after he couldn’t get an offer as a F/A, they signed him back. . . that’s just good business practice, not ‘throwing big money’.

Big money on Hefney? Maybe. . . but the kid’s worth it, he’s one of the top short side HBs in the CFL in my opinion, if not THE top.

Now AKT. . .feel free to disagree with him (and/or with me) on those points. . . let’s discuss/debate it. Just calling the other poster a troll and low class when you don’t happen to share his opinion gets us nowhere. He’s raised some valid points; if you can’t discuss or debate them in a reasonable manner, then spare us the vitriol.

Thanks MJ. I really try not to post on other teams forums . I just couldn't ignore the blatant inaccuracies .After a 4win year there is lots of ammunition without that.

If the reported 130 grand Khan got isnt “big money” to you then I apologize.

Yes, bombers couldnt close the deal on Gauthier, I said that, how is that innacurate ?

Got Brink mixed up with Elliot. I knew one of the two got hurt. Both are sort of the same guy anyway.

But there are more football fans in places like Winnipeg, Sask, Calgary, we can’t compare cities since Southern Ontario is just not CFL country. We could possibly generate more revenue in a 25,000 seat stadium than Winnipeg in a 31,000 seat stadium. Club seats, private boxes can generate more money than a lot of cheaper seats. And the corporate sector buying advertising or buying private boxes/season tickets etc
The example of the Cincinnati Bengals getting more revenue from 7,000 club seats than from 35,000 regular tickets

[url=http://www.bengals.com/stadium/stadium-map-and-ticket-pricing.html]http://www.bengals.com/stadium/stadium- ... icing.html[/url]

If we seldom attract crowds of more than 25,000 and our average attendance has been under 22,000 for the past 20 years or so, why build a stadium larger than 25,000?

We’ve had a few of those ourselves.

Don’t sweat the antagonism of the few. I suspect even after our next Grey Cup win they will be on here running people down.

It’s good to see the Jets are back in town. I saw many games in the old stadium.