The Bombers bask in the bling of their new rings

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ Grey Cup rings have arrived and the team celebrated its big win over Hamilton one last time before they fully look ahead to the 2022 season.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/29/the-bombers-bask-in-the-bling-of-their-new-rings/

I congratulate the Bombers for their victory and receiving wonderful looking rings - being a Tiger Cat fan this comes hard for me. However, I am hoping someone out there in "CFL Land" can help me ......

About 2 years ago I purchased a name place on the new Grey Cup (Fan Base) - it cost me $400.00. I received the certificate, but I have never seen my name on the Cup. Next to going to the Hall of Fame in Hamilton - does anyone know how I can get to see what I purchased? Thanks.

It looks like your name is engraved somewhere on the new stand that holds the Cup:

Let us know when you see it there! :partying_face:

:sunglasses: Better bring a magnifying glass to be able to see it …LOL :crazy_face:

1 Like

I know my question was a hard one to reply to - but thanks to those who tried.

My purpose for buying a name place on the Grey Cup was not to see my name in print, but rather to support the CFL at a time of need caused by the pandemic - my concern was for its survival. However, it would be nice to know that I really got what I paid for - so I place my trust in those responsible.

1 Like

Some adventurous intern at CFL HQ could link the ‘CFL App’ to ‘The Grey Cup Fan Base’ to address your concern.

How so you ask?

Well, anytime someone in range uses the CFL App their name on the Grey Cup Fan Base could blink in recognition. Visitors to the CFL Hall of Fame would instantly find their spots in the Base. Concern addressed.