Before all you die-hard Bomber fans blow a fuse, think about how low this sports franchise has sunk.
1. The Blue Bombers are one of the worst-run sports franchises in North America at the moment
2. Canad Inns Stadium is one of the worst sports venues around- and should've been torn down 20 years ago (the only people who like Canad Inns Stadium haven't ever left Winnipeg for a sporting event)
3. "Community Ownership" and Lyle Bauer. Need I say more? Can anyone name ONE good thing about this arrangement?
4. 20 Years, no Grey Cup. In a 30-team league this wouldn't be a big deal. In an 8-team league it's ridiculous and embarrassing.
5. A new scandal every month that puts the Bombers in a negative light. The "cheerleader fiasco" last year. Kelly's comments this year. The drunks at the stadium assaulting police officers. It never ends. Can't even remember the last time this franchise was talked about POSITIVELY
6. New stadium delays. I understand this is Winnipeg and things aren't supposed to get done in time (or done at all), but still. They originally started serious discussion about a new stadium in late 2003. Asper's original plan had the stadium open for 2008. It's almost 2010- and shovels are nowhere in sight.
7. Recent vandalism at Canad Inns Stadium. I heard it caused $100,000 in damage? Couple that with no home playoff game and the big Aerosmith concert at the stadium that got cancelled and I can't even imagine how much $$ the Blue will lose this year.
I could go on (points 8. - 10.- and no, neither of them have to do with the coach or QB), but you get the idea. I actually went to 1 Bomber game this year (Banjo Bowl.. and boy do I regret going!!!), so I'm not entirely a Bomber-hater. I'm just not a die-hard, I'm not blindly loyal to the Blue, so I see this franchise for what it really is.