The Blockbuster Trade???

I "gotta laugh" at this Headline :lol: ...

This is hardly a Blockbuster...

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/236404

After reading it thru ...it is just a "comedy of trades".

Perhaps a "change of venue" for each will be a welcome relief. I do hope Jason Armstead can help the team. But I "gotta" feel for the guy! And Holmes??? Like Eric Tillman said in his interview.."I've never seen such a happy player as a result of a trade!"

No Kidding! :roll: Gee I wonder Why??? :roll:

When you add the "Mass Mess", "Deal with the Devil", disgusting, now corrected so it "can't happen again", rent a player...win a Grey Cup trade, we got litle value in return for all our efforts.

Add this years 1-6 performance to last years 4-14, and even forget the "forgetable" late 2005 season and it's no surprise this team and it's fans are in such a turmoil!

As I have mentioned in another thread, perhaps this clears a little cap room. I think Holmes had just signed a 3 year deal at the end of last season. So, perhaps all is not lost.

It's hard to say though. We don't know "for sure" who is getting paid what, but I would think that we should be in a little better position losing 2 players for one! Let's hope the loss of a promising Canadian doesn't come back to haunt us!

We were not dealing from a position of strength!

I can think of another place to free up some cap room though! :wink:

I'm hearing there were some rookie mistakes made?

Don't worry, between McCarthy, Mitchell, Smith, Rambo and Taffe they'll figure it out. With no casualties.

:-)

Woody give it up. Your almost obsessed into what seems like lunacy. If this is too harsh I apologize but man. You can go a single post with out some sort of Maas comment.

How is this not a blockbuster? It is not just an everyday trade. These are two big names being dealt. Plus, whats with Getzlaf being the deal breaker? He is on our PR, he was a 5th round draft pick that each team in this league had about 5 chances to select and he hasn't played a game yet.

Boy Armstead must be thrilled to come to a 1 and 6 team in Hamilton??? I know Corey is to be back in Regina!! I always like the spin the cat management put on trades, BLOCKBUSTER?? If was eight players for eight players it could be a BLOCKBUSTER but this one is a little sketchy to say the least. Oh well lets see how Jason performs in Steeltown and all the best to Corey Holmes in Regina your a classy guy and I’m sure you will return to peak performance under Kent Austen and Eric Tillman. Let’s see if the Cats can pull out a second win this week, go cats go!!!

Yes I find the blockbuster tarde headline funny too.

Losing Getzlaf was the part I don't like,he's a throw in that no body is thinking about.

The kind that comes back to haunt you.

I just had a gut feeling about Getzlaf,he's allso going home where he played college ball ,makes me wonder if his buddy Bauman will follow him when he's a free agent?

Glad for Holmes that he gets to be a Rider again,watch him go again now.

Hope Armstead fits in better with us than Corey Holmes did......

Blockbuster ,naaah, just an average low profile trade in the CFL.

Easy on the personal attacks eh? You don't agree...fine...give me a reason why!

check my posts...I'm hardly "obsessed" with Maas. I just think that we need to look at a change at QB...use all the weapons...PERIOD! It's not like we might end up 1 and 6 eh? :roll:

After a year and a half of mediocrity to worse...it's time for a change! I guess your happy with the results of late? :?

None of the players were really being used much at all by the teams this year so in that sense, its no blockbuster.

I like the trade personally.

I think Holmes was definitely expendible and we desperately needed more recieveing talent.

As for Getzlaf I would have liked to get a look at the guy before we dealt him but if this was neccessary for this acquisition then what the heck.

Aug 20

It's hard to say though. We don't know "for sure" who is getting paid what, but I would think that we should be in a little better position losing 2 players for one! Let's hope the loss of a promising Canadian doesn't come back to haunt us!

We were not dealing from a position of strength!

I can think of another place to free up some cap room though! Wink

I "gotta laugh" at this Headline Laughing ...

This is hardly a Blockbuster...

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/236404

After reading it thru ...it is just a "comedy of trades".

Perhaps a "change of venue" for each will be a welcome relief. I do hope Jason Armstead can help the team. But I "gotta" feel for the guy! And Holmes??? Like Eric Tillman said in his interview.."I've never seen such a happy player as a result of a trade!"

No Kidding! Rolling Eyes Gee I wonder Why??? Rolling Eyes

When you add the "Mass Mess", "Deal with the Devil", disgusting, now corrected so it "can't happen again", rent a player...win a Grey Cup trade, we got litle value in return for all our efforts.

Add this years 1-6 performance to last years 4-14, and even forget the "forgetable" late 2005 season and it's no surprise this team and it's fans are in such a turmoil!

You can quit "grasping at straws" any time! Rolling Eyes

The last time I looked...a receiver has to have a ball thrown to him by a QB!

It's Very Relevant! Mr. Armstead will be used as much as Mr. Holmes if the other players remain the same!

Holmes and Armstead returned kicks and saw limited action other than that! Other than faces and places...What's changed?

Let me suggest why...[b]the "powers that be" are still trying, after a year and a half to justify the "deal with the devil"...the Maas Mess![/b]

In one breath they say they are going to use our weapons properly (Holmes, Lumsden etc.) Oh sure...one or two games gets some change of play..but the QB situation??? They traded off Flick and then trade Holmes for Armstead! Confused SAME-OLD SAME-OLD!

Mentioning a new receiver and our QB's in the same thread, is Very Relative!

[b]By reading this comment, one can only assume that you too are tired of the "status quo" and realise that we need a QB who can "throw the ball with conviction and accuracy"! A change would be nice! Wink[/b]
Notice the trend? Now you may ask, 'well these post are all sprend out.' Well no they are actually just for today.

he isnt allowed to dislike the job the qb is doing? isnt this a discussion forum about a football team?

Dislike is one thing but man does he ever beat the subject like a dead horse. Over and over and over. You would think a dedicated fan might have something else to say once in a while. Maybe im a little harsh because Woody is clearly not the only one but it just seems so pointless.

He says a lot more in his posts than what you highlight, a real lot more.

This trade and the other trades with Sask have been The Blockbuster Shaft. Manager of the year TillMan. :roll:

Well "whoknows" you have proven one thing...you have excellant computer skills...lol.

Non the less..this discussion thread is about the fact that this trade was called a "Blockbuster".

I would call a trade involving top notch QB's demanding top bucks a blockbuster! Not this trade!

Anyway to borrow a phrase from your own post...perhaps you should be carefull defending Mass and using it in the same post! :roll:

Are we not all fans of the Ticats?
Are we all not wanting to see OUR TEAM succeed?
Do we not all love Our Game?
Do we not all want to see good games ,just like we have witnessed from other teams of late?

Let's keep the debates civil and hope for the best! Besides,really, if it was Maas who got traded would you be arguing that we wanted him kept?

Many on this board are just asking to see what somebody else can do! Period! We already have seen a year and a half of Maas. Let's keep it civil! :thup:

I would call the Tom Clements for Dieter Brock trade in 1983 a "blockbuster".

8) It will be very interesting to see if Corey Holmes returns to his old great form now that he is back in Regina !!!! As I recall, he used to have some of his biggest games whenever he played against us !!!! I wouldn't bet against him !!!

Back to the main point of this post, I really do think this trade can be classified as a "Blockbuster".

If a trade involving top notch QB's demanding top bucks is a blockbuster, why isnt a trade involving a top notch WR, and a top notch RB/KR who both have large contracts considered a blockbuster?