The Biggest Game in a Century

Wow! They've been playing football on that piece of ground called Taylor Field since WWI. 30 years ago it would have been hard to imagine the Grey Cup being held in Regina let alone seeing the Riders be in the game at home - and the favorites to boot. I am pinching myself.

Words cannot describe how incredible this is. A Rider fan (and a CFL fan) since 1979, win or lose this is going to be one of the most emotional days of my life and I am quite certain that at some point tomorrow while I watch the game in a house full of my great football friends (mostly BC Lions fans here in Vancouver) I won't be able to hold back tears.

Even if you are not a Rider fan or a TiCat fan, even if you don't really follow football, this is a must see event. This is THE BIGGEST GAME in the 100 year history of a franchise and a field. It's not even close. Think about it. I don't follow baseball, but if the Cubs were in the World Series, I'd want to tune in just for the atmosphere. Tomorrow just might be the most emotional game in the history of the league.

It's a championship of course and I may be stating the obvious, but perhaps your team got bounced in the last couple of weeks and although you're still going to watch, your enthusiasm has been lowered. I'm not asking anyone to cheer for the green and white, but I just want to briefly lend you my perspective so that you can take a moment, if you haven't already, to truly consider the magnitude of the event. I strongly suggest that you do not run out to the store for beer and smokes in the 2nd quarter. Get everything ready pre game. Like big comeback in '81, the end to end barnstormer in '87 or the blizzard in '96. There WILL BE magic. You do not want to miss this.

Less than 24 hours to go and this is really starting to ht me hard. I am so jacked.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Nothing will EVER match up to the epic 13th man call in 2009. That is the Roughrider legacy, and tomorrow will prove that.

Kindest regards.

… and Calgary’s legacy is being a good regular season team, but just not good enough in the playoffs. Just watched a repeat of last year’s Grey Cup. At least the Riders were in position to make the thirteenth man mistake. Calgary just doesnt show up for big games.

We don't need any mudslinging here guys. There's a trash talking thread with 180 posts in it further down the page for stuff like this. :roll: