The big white R is back and looks great

I would like to thank OSEG for the new Rider-styled Redblacks helmets. They looked awesome. No complaints here. I've been waiting years.Love to see them with the white uniforms. Now, we just need good offensive plays and a new offensive coordinator. I can't blame the players, nor the QBs. They are not getting any protection. I was surprised that LaPo did not take advantage of Evans running. Arbuckle should've started the 2nd half.

2 Likes

This was a head-scratcher to me, too. Not only that, but he barely used the running backs either.

Anyway, I like the R helmet too. I hope they use that decal for games against East teams, and save the sawblade one for games against West teams.

2 Likes

I want them to use those helmets for good. Get rid of the saw blade totally. Now get some stripes on our jersey and we are all set.

3 Likes

The saw blade, at least to me, doesn't look bad. The R logo just looks way better.

2 Likes

Never really cared for the saw blade, thought they should just use the white R. Seeing it used in last game, it does really look good. Agree that helmet should be made permanent.
When you think about it, the sawblade doesn't really fit with the team lumberjack image. Lumberjacks use axes or chainsaws to cut down trees, the circular saw blade is used in lumber mills. Though related, not exactly the same. Just my 3 cents. :wink:

1 Like

I think it was more a legal matter that we could not use the old Rough Riders Logo. It still belongs to last RR owner.

Plus a saw blade was used to cut through the R inside that blade ?? :wink:

1 Like

I am with you that R with two bloody axes crossing it give it a menacing edge .

They use that logo on some of the merchandise and it does very well .

Maybe use that image as the side shoulder patch on the uniform .

1 Like