The better team won last night!

there seems to be more than on-field problems.with Sask…from what I hear Shivers is in tough to keep his job… as he had to sit before a panel and explain things…and if he goes so does Danny…and then goes Nealon…Burris might have helped…but maybe he seen something coming… so he got out of town…who knows…

As every person in Saskatchewan knows there is nothing worse than having a potential great harvest go to waste. Shivers and Barrett grew a great team on both sides of the ball over the past few years. It's time to bring in a bonafide starting QB for the harvest.

The reason I'm looking at the Stamps is the same reason the Bombers are looking at the Stamps; they hold the last playoff spot. No matter who Sask. and Winnipeg plays they have to win to get into the playoffs. Every game is big but games (like you mentioned) against the Stamps and Blue BOmbers now are huge because they are 4 point games.

Being to hard on the rider fans here. Many did not like Greene then too. But there were lots of them that bet the farm on Greene and well it did not turn out for them. Many of us fans from other teams did see this. Now it is up to the riderfans to complain to management or start wearing paper bags on their heads at games to send the message to the team.

At least you all got to watch the game. Our cable company said there was a problem with the CFL broadcast and substituted a Cal Ripken Little League baseball game. So we didn't get to see the game and they're not going to show it
later this week. Pisses me off.

I'm on the fence right now about the paper bag. I did see a few last night though.

Some times the fans have to be noticed so the team will get embrassed. I think that dressing room right now is a mess with what is going on. Writing to the Leader post would help to especially if a enough people complain. The problem is management and coach are on the same page therefore are reluctant to make any change. They think there is nothing wrong and the fans will have to be patient. Sorry but it is labor day and the Rider fans deserve to go into the rest of the season with a chance. Right now with Greene in there I do not see them winning another game.

cflfanforlife where is this mysterious poll that stated 2/3 of Rider fans picked Greene over Burris?
I have in my proximity from friends, relatives, people at games people whom I know over the past 30 odd years...40-50 Diehard fans.. and I can HONESTLY say 100% of them would chose Burris Over Greene . SO i dont care what Poll you read... real or not its BS.

Now lets address this ref problem... Dr. Rise that offside call killed us..( But it was NOT the sole reason we lost this game)...like so many calls kill other teams chances of winning it was merely our turn....its not like we are the only ones hurt by bad calls......its happening to everyone.
Questionable Objectional conduct call? Yikes... Holmes gets tackled outta bounds and was a no call.... then the guy starts beaking off....you could see it on TV.....when the flag was thrown even Buono came over and told the guy to STFU...

One thing we can all agree on however is our opinions on QB

Dentor, what you missed was Corey Holmes throwing the ball at one of the Lions players. That is a penalty, and was even more embarrasing was that the ref was standing there watching it happen and didn't throw the flag.

And also the face mask on Holmes, and the shove of his face into the ground after being out of bounds for about 5 seconds. Don't try and tell me that this is B.S. cause i was about10-20 feet away from this play in the stands.

P.S. I could hear the Lions player beaking the refs from the stands.That should have easily been 15 not 5.

Hey, if anyone should be bitching about the refing its the bombers, and they were, Glenn, Milt and host of others sounding off about how Colons catch at centre field was reversed and how they lost 5 seconds off the game clock (with one more completion a possible shot at a last second field goal). So suck it up Riders, we now get to play each other twice and you can bet that one of these two teams is gonna get screwed again.

I will be honest there is a lot that I don't remember about last nights game, drinking, and being in the uni section somtime have that effect. What I do remember is that Our Defence played very good, and our offence played like crap. BC did not look that strong at all. Don't get me wrong I think BC is very good, but if we had a QB and a offesive coordinator who would call a play other than shotgun draw, we would have been able to win that game. I don't care about the reffing, the reffing always sucks so you can't blame them. I care that we have one of the best fullbacks in the league and we never ever use an I formation, or a splitback, or even a shotgun 2 RB set, that would utilize him, either blocking, or running or, on the screen pass that he has murdered defences on in years previous. I care that our QB can't throw a decent pass past 15 yards., or even come close to engineering a 2 minute drill offence. I care that we ahve a kicker that misses way too many kicks. I care when our defence stops a very high powered offence time and again, only to see its offence go on the field and do nothing. I don't blame the defence for BC scoring in the last few minutes. That is bound to happen. holding an offence like that to 19 points is fine in my opinion, regardless that Pierce was playing (by the way can we have him, he's gotta be better then Greene) But When our offence can't score with the field position we were given, i mean come on.

Ways we can turn this season around:

1. fire Marcel, i can't prenounce his last name so i won't even try spelling it.
    -- i heard reports that he is the next head coach in the league. I hope he is, cause then I know we have a better chance of beating that team.

2. Give Butler a chance. I don't think Crandell is any better then Greene, so give Rocky a chance. He has been with the team for awhile so he has to know the offence.

3. If 1 is not done, use some damn immagination with our offence Marcel. When every snap is from Shotgun, there is only so much you can do. I mean honestly have you ever heard of Self scouting?

4. If 2 doesn't work out get a new fricking QB. by trade, recruitment, bribery, kidnapping, however you want just get'er done

Thanks for letting me rant. I am not a very happy fan right now. And I clearly think I deserve better

And something I am adding on to this, that I forgot to add earlier. In short CATCH THE DAMN BALL. thank you that is all

if i'm not mistaken... they gave him a 10 yard penalty... and he deserved it... you could clearly see him beaking off to the ref on tv... i was shouting at the tv trying to get him to shut up.. :lol: i knew the flag was coming... not a good time to take a stupid penalty... that 10 yards could have made a big difference.

as for the bad calls and non-calls... at least they are being consistant and making sure that all teams have been on both ends of them :lol: and i don't think there has been a game where there weren't pleanty of other reasons as to why a team lost... there are always things teams could have done better to win the game... in this case the rider offence could have put more than 15 points up on the board... a team rarely wins when scoring only 15 points.

Sorry I didnt see the football thrown, I was watching the ref to see when the flag would drop…if he did throw the ball then hes guilty as well…maybe the ref in his embarrassment called the guy objectionable since he botched the initial call. either way it certainly would not have changed the outcome of the game.
The off side call was the the most crucial call, how do you get off side when your drawn off is beyond me and Riders would have been first down around centre field.
oh well like I said in previous posts… you cant blame the refs totally on this loss…the offense didnt do the job.

szarkatrain33, there should have been penalties on both teams but only the Lions got penalized. Also, the objectionable conduct on Lochbaum was a 10 yard penalty, not 5. If you were only 10-20 feet away from the play, you should have known that.

Dentor, I totally agree. Some bad penalties on the Riders late. They gotta be more careful not to take those in crunch time. It was a tough game to watch, being a Lions fan. I can only imagine how it was for a Riders fan. I wish you guys luck in your next couple of games against the Bombers. Hope you can turn it around and make something out of this season.

Earlier in the game the Riders got a whole bunch of non-calls in their favour while the Lions kept getting called for everything . One of the BC drives ended earlier to a call also when Pierce first came in. But do we hear that from you whiners?? The offside , he was offside!! I saw it before they even called it! And no he wasn't rawn!! He was running before the ball was snapped.Guilty , so stop all the crying. The only reason we're even talking about this is because the Riders lost , had they won , we would all be saying that was an ok officiated game. For the most part the reffing favoured the Riders due to hometown crowd influence. It's just that some Rider fans got such selective vision and memory that they can't be rational , sorry to you good Rider fans that you got so many snivalers you got to contend with.

I don't care that it was a bad call, and I am not complaining at all, at least not about the reffing, it is useless to do so, and I am of the opinion that it all evens out, but pennw Benefield was obviosly drawn offside, there is video proof of it, so please stop bitching about us Rider fans. We are a frustrated bunch and yes some are complaining about the reffing, but in that call they have ligetimate cause. But whatever complaining about it won't change it.

This should be topic should be posted everytime the riders play.The better team won.Unlees the riders win.

Billy , I'm trying to differentiate between good respectable Rider fans like yourself, as well some others here , and the chronic snivalers that come on after every Rider loss and say it was the refs . In my posts I'm not meaning you or the other respectable fans but only those posting all the drivel . Look at all the stupid threads on this topic again , Saskargo is right , seems to be after every Rider loss .

I brought certain points up about calls and non-calls that favoured the Riders(and yes they were there) to draw the whiners attention to their own extreme onsided bias , (of course to no avail). It was not a onesided reffing job.

Hey a little off topic here, but did anyone else notice the difference in the photo of Nealon CBC used during the game from the one we have seen on TSN. The TSN one, Nelon has short hair and a real confident smirk on his face. The CBC one, he had a fro and it looked like a mug shot. Wonder what was up with that...