The Best News in Over Two Years!

Boy I hope Suitor is next! Let's get some younger ex players in the booth.

ANYONE but Davis Sanchez. The man simply cannot talkā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been skipping over the panel most of this season. A Canadian version of Tony Romo is what Iā€™m looking for.

The segment in the Bombers/Elks game where they held up cutout faces of the Elk QBs. Absolutely cringeworthy. :confused:

He wasn't my favourite play-by-play guy, but I wish him well. My first thoughts always seem to go to whether there was a vaccination issue.

1 Like

Really for all the haters, every day you go to work do thousands or a million people get to critique everything you did? I think not.

Being a public figure is a double edged sword. Yes, everything you do is scrutinized to the nth degree and any flaws or bad decisions magnified. At the same time, is the average person showered with praise by thousands or millions of people, sometimes just for being competent at their job? How many people pull down huge paycheques at their 9 to 5 jobs? Or are labelled ā€˜heroicā€™ for throwing a touchdown pass? Criticism comes with the territory.

Bell Media did other layoffs this week. Either stunning coincidence or thereā€™s smokeā€¦

Black said he knew it was coming for months. He wanted to do a victory lap and call a game in every stadium.

Well if Black was fired; it's strange to see the tribute they gave him during Ottawa - Montreal game today. There was old footage of Forde-Black boating & Biking ....Forde paid tribute and was emotional at Black's departure.
Black was well known in NBA circles down south...recall Charles Barkley giving a shout out...
Just speculation....but I think he was asked to take a pay cut and he refused...so he suddenly disappears...otherwise there would have been a proper sign-off.

BTW ....commentators are not getting younger when we are getting Rod Smith and Farhan Lalji....

I agree we need younger commentators and a more dynamic presentation of games...to attract younger urban fans

Neilson and Ferguson are young. Lalji is not a long term pbp guy.

To add credence to this:

I think Mr. Black is going to be ok.

I think Kate is just playing into the folk-i-ness of the TSN broadcasts (including music & Dunnigan)which plays well to the prairie provinces - not so much in metro areas of TO, Vancouver or Montreal.
In Hamilton, most of us will show up if they put a decent team on the field...we'll tolerate the rest even if we don't like it.

I think Ex-Pat might have been saying that I've got a thing for Kate. Maybe ... she's got great hair.

Thatā€™s really not what I was saying.

3 Likes

I think Kate has toned it down over the course of the season. Sheā€™s in a tough spot leading an old boys club with ex- jocks. Iā€™m sure over time she will come off as less forced and more natural as everyone on that panel gets more comfortable with each other.

I know heā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Stegall do some colour on a few game broadcasts. Seems to be pretty balanced and honest when talking about all the teams, and is fairly well spoken on the panel. At least try him out for a few games, similar to what theyā€™ve done with Dunigan the last couple of seasons.

1 Like

As long as you keep him off WPG games, he might be okay. With the job Luke Tasker is doing for the Ticatsā€¦

Iā€™m a big fan of Kate. TSN canā€™t win, we destroy them for the same old same old, then they try something new and people donā€™t like that either.

I think sheā€™s really good at what she does and itā€™s just the type of change the CFL needs.

1 Like