The Best News in Over Two Years!

Rod Black has left TSN:

Good riddance. He's probably the worst PBP football guy in the world. Next up: Suitor, hopefully...

2 Likes

Bye, bye Rod it has been a long time coming.
I totally that Suitor should be next.

1 Like

You're insane. Rod and Suits are the best!

You're kidding, right???

1 Like

What's your opinion on Masoli or Coach Washington?

1 Like

Which one are you related to?????????

The best at what ? Take your time , formulate your answer . I'll wait . :yawning_face:

Irony being sports media gets huffy when a team or player circle the wagons and withold info esp when it's potentially scandalous. "Lack of tranparency", "they owe it to the fans" yet it's perfectly normal and acceptable to fire a high profile face like Black with zero explanation.

2 Likes

Exactly. This has bothered me in the past as well. Smell test not passed on this one.

1 Like

It could be a private matter. Maybe health or family related. If I recall Chris Schultz quietly stepped away from the camera also without it being a scandal. Instead people just wished him well.

I liked Black's exuberance - he seemed genuinely excited about big plays.

I think his biggest flaw was trying to come up with clever turns of phrase which instead came out as corny or contrived.

Always struck me as a good guy who enjoyed his job.

2 Likes

Black was fired. It was not voluntary.
Described as a "mutual decision" means Black got a buyout he liked and signed NDA.

1 Like

This exactly.^^^^

I would also add that sometimes he talked to the audience like we were in Romper Room or something. Either to address the casual fans or maybe his own lack of expertise.

I wish him well in his future endeavors.

1 Like

Romper Room with The magic mirror for sure ....

I see a son of a NFL player , I see Duane Forde eating Turkey , I see Suitor talking about something off the field while someone scores ..... .

2 Likes

Please show some evidence of your proclamation.

I ran into him a couple of years ago in Toronto after the Cats rolled over the Argos. It was outside the stadium after the Cats headed into their transportation back to the Hammer. Shultzy told me that TSN wanted to go with a younger crew for the CFL on TSN. He genuinely sounded disappointed that he was no longer a part of the broadcast crew. A very classy man. He passed away too soon. I miss his analysis and big smile.

4 Likes

Great story about Shultzy. I've heard similar stories from other people. Sad he is no longer around.

1 Like

[quote="smogmonster, post:15, topic:73949"]

Please show some evidence of your proclamation.

[/quote]c He told me. We're pretty tight. Help each other's careers. He didn't come up with "Hello, Canada!" by himself.
1 Like

… as unpredictable as a sun rise in the east.

It's possible to reach a conclusion based on the astronomically low probability of any other explanation being plausible.