The Best Fan I Can Be

Same here. That has been one of my biggest complaints of the BY era lol.

This is kind of a good idea…
They should only do this when were on D, that way all the real fans will be on there feet making noise for the D and the casual / drunk / young fans will also be up making noise.

I’d have to say that’s pretty much my only complaint, and even then, not that big of a deal as it doesn’t happen too often. I’d lump it in with fans going to, and leaving their seats during the play too.

The only other complaint I have is the long lines for washrooms and concessions, but those are building issues and should be addressed with the new stadium.

That’s a great idea!!! What creative thinking! :thup: :wink: :thup:

You’re kidding. They throw them into the crowd while the play is going on? They don’t wait for the commercial timeouts? Maybe someone needs to give them a Football 101 lesson. With a pair of bang-sticks upside the head.

Absolutely brilliant!

I once heard Farr in the last couple years do a "SSHHHH" over the PA while the Cats had the ball and this was over TV. Seemed to work well. They went from loud to quiet instantly.

It usually works well. It seems to be about the only thing that does.

As CFinO suggested above, they do put stuff up on the video board to get people to quiet down for the offence and get loud for the defence. It doesn’t really work unless there’s something else going on, like Farr hushing the audience, the mascots holding up D-fence signs, or even players directing the fans.

Someone should tell Pigskin Pete about this too. During at least one of the games, he was leading my section in an oskee-wee-wee while we were on offence. Heck, even if we’re on defence it’s kind of annoying, because the chant doesn’t use our voices to their loudest potentials.

Do the cheerleaders ever actually lead cheers anymore? Judging by their title, I would have expected that one of their roles is to get the audience going, but all I recall them doing is dancing during breaks.

Most of the time, my section doesn’t really get into it. They seem to be there to watch, not to participate.

Heckling injured players is classless (even if it's the Argos), as is excessively swearing the stands, throwing things at people in the stands or refusing to sit down when asked politely by fans behind you to sit down.

Making noise while we are on defense, and keeping quiet while we are on offense is great. People don't realize that when the crowd is loud enough, it drowns out the play calling and snap count, which can be a boon to the team.

Last but not least, wear your colors during the season, even if it isn't game day, seeing the black and gold no matter where you are is a boost to morale, the team and the CFL, and commit to buying one new merchandise item during the season, even if it's just a shirt or a new hat. I'm not saying replace the decaying brown sun-stained one you've had for nearly a century, but one new object in your inventory couldn't hurt. Making the team break even should be the goal of every Ti-Cat fan.

Personally, I everything I wear is from the TigerTown store. I get shout outs from other fans all the time. Strangers on the street aren't quite as strange when they're sporting the Black and Gold. I spend alot at TigerTown, and my whole family wears our logo proudly. Tori wears her pink jersey to school at least once a week.

I promote the team in my local watering hole and last year alone helped sell around $1000+ over and above my two season seats this way. I call Maurice every game for more tickets.

Because my daughter loves junior cheer so much, my sister-in-law signed her two girls up. She bought two flex packs for her and her husband. They are from Burlington and will be attending CFL games for the first time. Yep. Me again. Selling the CFL and working for free.

When I bring new fans, I give them a Football 101. I explain very carefully the do's and don'ts. I urge them to buy noise makers at the stadium and explain precisely when to use them. I tell them not to worry about the dirty looks they get from other fans. As long as we don't have the ball, blow that horn with all your might until we get it back. I explain that it's important not just to mess up the snap count at that line, but to disrupt the play calling from the sidelines and in the huddle.

The point is, most people that frequent this forum already follow these guidelines, at least I hope. I feel we need to get the message out to the more casual fan, the one that might come to only two or three games a year. Printing a "Football 101" on the back of tickets seems like a simple way to deliver the message. Maybe add a section to TiCats.ca about fan participation as well.

Just my two cents.

This would require that some advertising be sacrificed :stuck_out_tongue:

True dat. :expressionless:

Yes, but they do that REALLY annoying piece with Mosca’s 10 commandments. Maybe they could lose that or add it in there.

It’s still an improvement over the previous “10 commandments” piece when the nuns would do it. One thing I like that they do sometimes is have different players come up on the scoreboard telling the fans to get loud when we’re on defense, it seems to work well.

The players saying get loud works, but they don’t put that up enough.
They should also have one with Glenn telling people to shut up when hes on the field.

LOL I can see it now. Have Glenn or Dyakowski on the screen with tape over their mouth and the large font heading “ZIP IT” :lol: