The Apology Thread

You know who you are. Sign in below.

im sorry, Charlie.

I'm not sorry for anything I said. It was all true and this whole situation very poorly.

All I want is a winning team. I don't much care at this point who coaches or even who plays. I'm tired of mediocrity.

I'd like to see Charlie follow through on some of the things he promised last year.

"Etiquette and society dictates that I can't use profanity to describe our Head Coach... God knows I would love to use some to describe this back-stabbing action.

Contracts are contracts and you don't sign one based on the fact that it is today's best offer. Be a man Charlie and stand behind your word. You are only as good as what you sign on the dotted line.

Personally, I don't want him here regardless of what the outcome is. Commitment starts at the top and works its way down. This is the SECOND time Chuckles wants to abandon the CFL for the US college system... this time get lost for good... you would have to be a complete idiot to ever look at this jerk as a CFL coach anywhere again.

Take a hike Charlie and don't come back to Canada.

P.S. Canada post has a delivery notice for you... your spine is waiting for you in West Virginia. Good riddance!!!"

[i]

If Charlie's heart is truly with the Cats then I apologize wholeheartedly.[/i]

(But why would Obie say we have a 50/50 chance of retaining him if something wasn't going on behind the scenes?)

Apologize for what? The only one that should be apologizing is Charlie to the Tiger-Cat fans for putting us through this gong show. He signed his name here and said he wished to build a grey cup contender, and then he goes and talks to another potential employer. The fact that he didn't get to the "singing" point is irrelevant. Why was he talking to another employer? Even if he was just 'offered' some kind of a deal, his answer would need two letters and would lead to zero confusion: NO.

I did a search for 'sorry' in that press release, and got 0 results. I'll forgive him for this credibility danmaging mess when he apologizes like he should.

I'm not sorry.

Nothing has been said in the last hour that could not have been said two days ago.

I don't know all that has happened behind the scenes. But, somebody could have, and should have, cleared the air days ago.

That said, let's move on now. Good luck to Charlie, his coaches, the players, and all of us.

sorry.for what??? he wanted to get outta here and couldn't and now he's trying to save face by looking like the good guy. i don't buy his denials and the untruths he has left on us here.

I'm sorry, Charlie, that you did not get the WVU job. Maybe next year.

sorry charlie that wv didnt want a 3-15 coach running there offence and you had to fall back on the ticat job. Your ship will come in one day just keep interviewing when you can.

I'm not sorry that he could have answered Ken and Rick's calls in the first place and stated flatly that he was staying in Hamilton.

Is Jim Laise a liar?

Why the delay?

I would think that WVU and the Cats couldn't consummate the divorce. My take.

Oski Wee Wee,

I guess this drives a stake through the heart of the "Mitchell and Obie didnt want him-no vote of confidence" theory :roll:

Wonder if they'll apologize?

I am sorry Charile I should Kept my Faith in you

Has anyone else thought that maybe Charlie wasnt wanted by the AD or boosters of WVU. Just because Stewart and Taaffe are friends doesnt mean that he was wanted by anyone else in the program.

I certainly thought that he was gone but I dont think anyone will really know what really happened.

The only ones that should say "sorry" are Charlie and the team itself, especially when everything seemed to have start with an eroneous news report that could have been easily denied.
This statement could have been issued on Friday at the latest and avoided all that was said and done. Instead now everything will be shifting into damage control.

The statement was denied Thursday night by Mitchell on CHML and the fan as well as in a press release.

The only ones that should say "sorry" are Charlie and the team itself, especially when everything seemed to have start with an eroneous news report that could have been easily denied. This statement could have been issued on Friday at the latest and avoided all that was said and done. Instead now everything will be shifting into damage control.
Yep, I'm pretty dissapointed that 'sorry' or 'apology' cannot be found in the statement made today. Just some acknowledgement of accountability for this whole mickey mouse situation would be nice.

the most crazy part of it, is if charlie wasn’t decided on in wvu yet he should have kept quiet in the press out there about his situation…

Bob Obilovich himself said chances of him staying were 50/50. Why should anyone apologize to Taaffe?

Stewart wanted Taafe, Taafe wanted the job and I suspect that UWV chose not to steal a coach under contract after all they said recently about such things. They would have looked like complete fools and it would have probably been used against them by Rodriguez and Michigan.

Precisely, Wilf. To be expected to apologize for the negativity that was spawned from public relations fiasco that plagued these past few days is, quite frankly, outrageous. Charlie will have to prove himself worthy of the confidence placed upon him.

I dont think hes owes an apology. He handled the situation as far as leaving mixed messages in his statement on Thursday as well as not granting interviews to the local media here.

However if this never really got to anything more than 2 friends kicking around the idea of coaching together then nothing was wrong.

The leak is where it started and will never be solved.

I really thought that he was leaving, I wont ever deny that. I dont know how far things really got now that he is staying though, it very well could have been just 2 old friends just shooting the breeze about coaching.