The Andrew Harris Phenomenon

He doesn't need to. He has Winnipeg fans...and what the heck else is there to do in Winnipeg than post on the internet about your teams.

Jets fans aren't much different.

If we only had a special place to post threads that are intended for the same teams fans to laugh and cheer, a place where no person could gripe because it belong to those fans. A special place we can post threads that in open areas would be designed to cause chaos and strife... but in that special area it would be ours so we wouldn't have to give a rip what anyone thinks

If only this forum had a special place just for the fans of a team to crank it up.

Oh wait!!!! We do ?

Serious question here .... why have team areas at all ? Are they not designed for threads just like this ?

If 9nly

2 Likes

Now this is a reply that would warrent moderation....good thing one is around.

It's true, some are hard to impress, even though the measuring stick is long.
Have to wonder what someone so hard to impress like that has thought about his team/players over the past 15 or so rough years.

1 Like

Some just can't, especially when it comes to Harris. rent Free

It only has to be reearned by those childish enough not to harbour any .
It was already said, he's not missing your trust.

1 Like

lol, where do these people come from?

LOL, all the same posters griping in here came onto the Bomber board and did the same thing years ago....made all the posters leave and then the Bomber board was dead.
And the Andrew Harris Phenomena can't be kept by one team alone....it is for the whole league to share.

There’s an old expression that says “no publicity is bad publicity” - - and that certainly applies in this situation.

As I e explained numerous times, the CFL badly needs fans who are engaged and invested in the league.

This thread is now at 106 comments and counting - - which is exactly the kind of fan interaction the league needs.

I cannot fathom why some people are so desperate to get comments censored, discussions shut down and commentators banned on this and other CFL related sites.

Someone comments that Andrew Harris is in the heads of other fans. Others then comment and insist that’s not the case. Some respond as to why Harris should not be respected as a top player in the league. Others give evidence as to why Harris is indeed the best at his position.

That’s called a discussion, my friends.

As long as there’s no profanity, racism or vulgarity, back and forth discussions such as this about the CFL should never be stifled.

2 Likes

[quote="Area51, post:113, topic:73190"]
...heads of other fans. Others then comment and insist that’s not the case. Some respond as to why Harris should not be respected as a top player in the league. Others give evidence as to why Harris is indeed the best at his position.That’s called a discussion, my friends.As long as there’s no profanity, racism or vulgarity, back and forth discussions such as this about the CFL should never be stifled.

I'm all for debate and give it and get it depending on what I post.

I look and see how many posters have left and what the main focus is for the most vocal now.

I disagree this is exactly what the CFL wants but hey I'm just one anonymous poster.

There’s a HUGE difference between “wants” and “needs”.

I have no doubt the league braintrust WANTS to minimize discussion and operate under a cloak of darkness.

This is why the league refuses to publicize the negotiation list players.

What a dumb idea. What possible justification could there be for keeping that so hush-hush?

If Ottawa has Pat Mahomes on their neg list, does anyone want to suggest the NFL would be infuriated by it?

Maybe Mahomes might use it as “leverage” during contract talks with the Chiefs?

Speaking of which, the incessant refusal by the league to disclose player salaries is completely asinine.

What other pro sport in North America keeps player salaries as double top secret classified information other than the CFL?

The league NEEDS to get with the times and quit embarrassing itself by hiding information.

1 Like

I've long forgiven Mike Jones who played for Hamilton, when in 2017 was tested and found guilty for a positive test re: PED's and received a 2 game suspension. paid his time, correct??
And we move forward.
Also I remember reading that some time ago Hamilton had an NHL team, 1930's I bet they were a very good team, with lots of fan support.......

Sorry I'm rather old, I kinda lost my train of thought.
Have a great day

1 Like

No because its useless and pointless...its a list of players who will never play for the CFL....Put my name on the top of that list

If you don't pay me 20 million I will go play for Ottawa for 50K

Its the union and the reality is, it is no-one's buiness

There is nothing embarrassing about it

Cornish has stuff named for him. Thats the frenzy of Jon Cornish. He was a bit faster than Harris, thats about all his pluses over Husky Harris. Harris had more power, size & strength. Both guys knew instinctively how to roll off blocks, tackles, etc. to generate plus-gain yardage.
If Harris plays another season he'll obliterate Cornish in most CFL categories (combined with his yardages gained in BC).
Cornish was a gooder, thats for sure. A bit petulant, far moreso than Harris.
And A-51 is completely, perfectly, 100% correct about Cornish disappearing during the big games. Harris just goes out and does what he does. Wreaking havoc on opposition defenses. When Bombers had Harris, Streveller, Collaros & Demski in their lineup most opponents would just shrivel up and pretend to die!

1 Like

Actually Harris is much better at that. Cornish really only flourished in the open field. Anyone can do that.

Haha...."anyone can do that"
Comon guy....There is more than enough room for 2 Great Canadian RB in the CFL.
You disappoint me Prairie dog

The best Canadian back to work in open space (slants, wide pitches, swing passes, etc.) was the legendary Ronnie Stewart who played pitch 'n catch w/ the great man Russ Jackson for much of the 1960s. Stewart seldom ran plunges or tried to scamp thru tackle to tackle. . . . but he's a legend regardless . . . ! ! !

1 Like

There have several. I think soon teams will strive hard to have their ratios anchored by a Canadian RB as opposed to Oline.

I'm not here just to please you.

But I suppose that you have a point. Nic Demski can f up the open field 1 on 1 with the entire field in front of him and a defender in TRAIL and somehow not score.

I wish rather we could have them duke it out on the ice skates or not. It would be fun for the whole forum too, they would each get their shots in, and then we could all go out for drinks and laugh it up.

Definitely not Simoni Lawrence, I would quite supporting my team if he came here. No class, the same as Andrew Harris.