The Als are in trouble!

I still think we should give him a chance...Rather than looking ahead to the 2009 season.

We haven't even seen a picture of this guy, and you guys already dislike him and don't believe. If he starts the season 2-0, we all had faith since the begining, and should win the coach of the year...

I think we should give him a chance he hasnt coached a full practice yet and already people are panicking maybe he will turn out great for us. Recycling the same people over and over again does not lead to success it leads to predictability which was our biggest problem last year esepcially on offence. The guy seems to have a plan and really impressed popp, smith and wettenhall in interviews so lets see who we pick up in the free agent market and as coordinators before we write off the season.

I dont get this reaction at all there were so many people on the “give Popp a chance” bandwagon up until around the 12 game mark of the season we should give trestman at least as long

I also think that the Als are still in trouble. Pierre Vercheval said that Trestman is a friend of Popp.

Once again Jimmy boy will have his nose in the coaching part of the game. Is it a good news? I don't think so...

Something to be said for that though.

If Trestman is a friend of Popp, then Popp will do his best to see his friend succeed, and come up with some new gems by recruiting; if on the other hand we hired someone that Popp didn’t like and resented because he thought he should still be coach, then he wouldn’t have the same incentive. Not saying he’d be deliberately vindictive, but at least this way that is one thing we do NOT have to worry about.

I really hope that you're right and I'm wrong...

I have 2 season's tickets and I don't want another season like the 2-3 last.

I don't know who could be his assistant coachs and I hope that is gonna have the intelligenge to take persons with CFL experience.

Very good point, MadJack. If Trestman is a friend of Popp’s, then Popp has zero reason to sandbag him or make him look bad, and every incentive to surround him with the best possible talent (players and coaches) so he can succeed.

Like usual, I agree with Madjacks logic.

But I feel we should all feel the same way as he does. We haven't seen this guy and what he can do. He was a guest coach last season, and I'm sure he is aware of the rules and different game. Even now, I don' think he is sitting at home, waiting for Training Camp. I am sure he is at home, studying the game and getting prepared for training Camp.

The guy has a lot of coaching experience, unlike Popp. He and Popp are good friends, so they will work together. The Als organisation has a history of working well, so let's not doubt Smith and Wettenhaul yet. And also, he's worked witht the best players in the world, in the NFL.

In my opinion, most Football players grow up dreaming about playing in the NFL, not the CFL. And because they are here, and their coach worked in the NFL, they will have something to prove to him.

Just a few Ryooon thoughts of this situation.

So to sum up, I think this is a good situation.

Look on the positive side...Bellefuille is in Hamilton!

Can't you see him butting heads with Casey Printer's ego?

2 of the last three seasons, the Als went to the cup.
Yes they lost but they were good seasons as far as I am concerned

Big time; in a perverse sort of way I’m rather looking forward to seeing it. Won’t take long either. Remember the look of disgust on AC’s face after getting a play call from MB? Printers will be more demonstrative, so I look to seeing him going ballistic by about game 3, if not sooner.