The Addition of Richie Hall

I wouldn't necessarily call last season a lack of success. Naturally, 10-8 and a trip to the Eastern Final means nothing next to being Grey Cup Champs. But it was a successful season, hampered by overly predictable gameplans from the coaching staff. :frowning:

06 and 07 though, now those truly were bridges leading to nowhere..... :lol:

True the Eskioms did get into the playoffs so it was much better then the previous year. They did as well as Saskatchewan in the playoffs this year.

The big question in my mind are they two teams heading in opposite directions.

Edmonton had a good year coming back and making the playoffs. However, they still showed they didn't have the winner take all approach to game, that will be Hall's biggest challenge on the team. In Sask, you have team that has lost 2/3 of its senior coaching staff from the grey cup team 2007 and they are is still looking for a starting quarterback 1 year after trading Joseph. It will be felt and it could be a very tough year in Sask.

If Hall can make the necessary changes in Edmonton, I think they could take 2nd place this year in the west. Sask will be fighting with BC for third.

Saskatchewan went 0-1 in the playoffs. Edmonton went 1-1. Math isn’t your strong suit, huh? :lol:

It was just another thinly veiled cheap shot at the Saskatchewan team and had nothing to do with the actual thread title. It’s pretty old. 8)

What's that you say??

redwhite2005 taking a shot at Saskatchewan?

Gee, next you'll be telling me that Mike doesn't like Eric Tillman...........

And then that there is no Santa Claus.

Thus dies another illusion...............

LOL I forgot thanks for the correction. The schmoes are going to miss Kelly Campbell.

Your right I cheap shotted the Eskimos as Chief pointed it out.

Gee a Grey Cup win makes some fans pretty smug.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I agree with mike to a point.. the Esks will be better, but the division will be wide open like it has been the last couple of seasons, where anyone can finish 1st or last. A 10 or 11 win season just might get you first place, I believe Hall will make the 'Smos better.

There’s no Santa Claus.?..sniff…

Funny how all were OC’s before HC’s.

And I just ate the Easter Bunny for dinner last fall! :wink: :wink:

Now, back on topic.....

If Disco Danny can get Richie the Players he needs, the Eskies could be a force this year. I thought the Eskies took some positive steps last year.

What about cutting Jordan Younger after trading two players for him just a year ago? Is that how you build a good team? Looks to me like the Pinata still doesn’t get it.

I am guessing/hoping that Richie Hall was consulted before they cut Younger. Hall being a former DB/DB Coach I would think that he has a pretty good eye for talent at the DB position. Maybe he thgought Younger wasn't as good as the hype.